British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Still a bit to play with. Any obvious candidates if we go with Sedgmen and Riss? I feel Paco will be included though so that kills that notion. 

Reading his interview in the Speedway Star, sounds like Paco is definitely riding in the Champ, so Edinburgh seems the most likely destination by far?

For the people who don't want Sedgmen, what about Wolbert?

Edinburgh  
Josh Pickering 8.63
Kevin Wolbert 8.00
Kye Thompson 6.48
Paco Castagna 5.30
Lasse Fredriksen 4.57
Connor Coles 2.63
Max James 2.00
Total 37.61

32 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

For the people who don't want Sedgmen, what about Wolbert?

Edinburgh  
Josh Pickering 8.63
Kevin Wolbert 8.00
Kye Thompson 6.48
Paco Castagna 5.30
Lasse Fredriksen 4.57
Connor Coles 2.63
Max James 2.00
Total 37.61

I’d take that team tbh. Would need Thomson to really step up

I've seen a lot of teams being proposed on this thread but everyone seems to have given up on Bastian Borke. Seems like a wasted effort bringing him in last year to gain experience if he isn't going to be included in this year's team. Paring Paco with Kye this season won't help Kye at all but pairing him with a quality team rider like Vissing would help him a lot and would leave space for Borke to return as the number 2. Kye and Claus would be a far better 3 and 4 than Glasgow's pair Flint and Starke if Claus becomes a Monarch. Also, the second heat leader has to be Riss because Sedgman would be a really underwhelming signing imo (ask any Glasgow fan if you don't believe me)

1 Pickering 2) Borke 3) Kye 4) Claus 5) Erik 6) Coles 7) James 

Edited by Nickinho

39 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

I've seen a lot of teams being proposed on this thread but everyone seems to have given up on Bastian Borke. Seems like a wasted effort bringing him in last year to gain experience if he isn't going to be included in this year's team. Paring Paco with Kye this season won't help Kye at all but pairing him with a quality team rider like Vissing would help him a lot and would leave space for Borke to return as the number 2. Kye and Claus would be a far better 3 and 4 than Glasgow's pair Flint and Starke if Claus becomes a Monarch. Also, the second heat leader has to be Riss because Sedgman would be a really underwhelming signing imo (ask any Glasgow fan if you don't believe me)

1 Pickering 2) Borke 3) Kye 4) Claus 5) Erik 6) Coles 7) James 

Really strong team but Paco will definitely be back and it appears we’ve maybe dithered too much and Borke has been offered a team place elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t mind paco, lasse and wolbert to finish with what we have points wise but will probably end up with the first two and Sedgy to finish.

24 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Why has Josh given up on riding on the continent?

Never got offered a place. Asking for too much money.

Good to have paco back. Big year for him to push on to that next step and he’s hungry and positive to do so which is what you want. 

Hearing whispers of Jake Turner heading to a northern track, must be either Edinburgh or Berwick. Hope the rumours are true he’s a talent for the future could be a real dark horse at Edinburgh. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Why has Josh given up on riding on the continent?

Not good enough or very greedy

5 minutes ago, highside said:

Not good enough or very greedy

Or both

• Like 1