British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

1 hour ago, Filth said:

He’s going really well in Australia at the moment 

Does not mean a lot. IMO.He didnothing when he was here.We should be promoting young British talent rather than mediocre Aussies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Does not mean a lot. IMO.He didnothing when he was here.We should be promoting young British talent rather than mediocre Aussies.

Kiwi, actually.  Although l agree with your sentiment

14 hours ago, gmuncie said:

I think Birmingham made a mistake not signing him,  he’d be on a 3.53, is a fan fav there and rides Perry Barr like a championship heat leader so would be good for 5 or 6 at home most weeks alongside 3 or 4 away at most tracks I’d say 

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Instead of who though? Brum seem to be finding it hard enough to fill their top two spots without weakening their bottom end.

Totally agree with Bagpuss here, Paco is weaker than Lampart / Zach Cook & Birmingham don't need any spare points at the top of the team.

Also he'd be on a 4.00 ave.

Didn't notice how wide Sedgmen's home / away splits were until I was reading the Birmingham track review in Speedway Star.

Last year averaged 6.93 at home & 8.59 away. So as long as he can ride Armadale better than he can ride Perry Barr, he'd be a great signing.

20 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Unfortunately the talent pool regarding young British talent isn’t enough to fill all the spots 

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Fromafar said:

2 hours ago, Filth said:

Unfortunately the talent pool regarding young British talent isn’t enough to fill all the spots 

Connor Mountain (probably at Scunny), Anders Rowe, Dan Gilkes and Jack Thomas (if fit) all without Champ spots.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 6:49 PM, szkocjasid said:

I have not had a call from anyone in the top league and that has angered me. I thought I showed enough when guesting last year but that will be Edinburgh’s gain as I am channelling all of that emotion into doing the best I can for the Blue and Gold.

Can't say I agree with Paco's comment about being overlooked for the Prem, I can't see a single club that would be strengthened by his signing on a 4.00 average.

But I think he's a good signing for Edinburgh. Could be a 6.5 rider next year.

On 12/24/2023 at 8:59 PM, Ben91 said:

Absolutely. Why would a top tier team be interested in a bang average second tier rider. 

I could understand Paco saying he was "disappointed" not to get a Prem team, but to me he's not good enough to be "angry" about missing out. For me someone like Josh Pickering could have said that before Lynn gave him a chance as he was a Champ heat leader, but was overlooked for riders not as good as him.

Guess it's up to Paco to improve enough to get a chance in the future?

14 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Didn't notice how wide Sedgmen's home / away splits were until I was reading the Birmingham track review in Speedway Star.

Last year averaged 6.93 at home & 8.59 away. So as long as he can ride Armadale better than he can ride Perry Barr, he'd be a great signing.

Disagree...IMO, he's not what we need.

I think it's what we'll get, but not what we need. Averages don't mean everything, it's about what is delivered in key races, and I just don't think he is the man to deliver even in a weaker league... Especially with Picko as number one, someone who provides entertaining races after s*** starts but often comes up short in the big races

2 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

When is Richie banned until?…..

Forever if he doesnt pay his fine...

• Haha 1

Can see Ritchie Worrall going same way as Danny Bird 

Will be remembered as brother of stevie that use to ride 

Idiot through away a good career 

No sympathy for cocaine users in any part of life 

5 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

When is Richie banned until?…..

He was banned for nine months (as of September 5th) so it should be June the 5th although I'm confused because he also picked up a 30 day ban a week later for a social media post he made so I don't know if that will run concurrently or consecutively. The BSPA along with their rule book and their arbitrary judgements are not exactly easy to understand at the best of times.

4 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

He was banned for nine months (as of September 5th) so it should be June the 5th although I'm confused because he also picked up a 30 day ban a week later for a social media post he made so I don't know if that will run concurrently or consecutively. The BSPA along with their rule book and their arbitrary judgements are not exactly easy to understand at the best of times.

Think his extra month added so looking at July

18 minutes ago, Nickinho said:

Not the BSPA, the rules come from SCB. 

• Like 1