British Speedway Forum
bigred

Edinburgh “24 Team

21 hours ago, Nickinho said:

I know the stadium is a little 'rustic' and the toilets wouldn't look amiss in a Japanese WWII prison camp but there's no need to flee the country over it!

Lol, brilliant! 

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2024 at 8:14 AM, lewy said:

How far is Armadale  the Monarchs track from Edinburgh airport please?

Beware the distance could increase by slightly if it suits Edinburgh.....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Beware the distance could increase by slightly if it suits Edinburgh.....

And quite right too. 

On 1/25/2024 at 12:05 PM, StevePark said:

About 17 miles

What is the distance from Glasgow airport  to Armadale.?

NB It is 35 miles unfortunately  

Edited by 1Tsunami

21 minutes ago, 1Tsunami said:

What is the distance from Glasgow airport  to Armadale.?

NB It is 35 miles unfortunately  

Sure it's 36.25....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

Anyone at P&P today? How did the boys look?

Didn’t go ahead track was too soft from the that fell overnight. I believe there is a session on today between 2-4. 

• Like 1

Was at the season launch last night.

Good interviews. Stiff baffling why Josh isn’t captain this season. Maybe hoping that captaincy maybe galvanise Paco?

1 hour ago, Endeavour said:

Good interviews. Stiff baffling why Josh isn’t captain this season. Maybe hoping that captaincy maybe galvanise Paco?

But you also thought Cookie was a good captain, didn't you? 

2 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Nothing will galvanise Edinburgh to the playoffs this season! I did have to laugh at Sedgmen saying they could do special things if they "all ride above their level, which I know we can", or something like that, to BSN.

3 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Nothing will galvanise Edinburgh to the playoffs this season! I did have to laugh at Sedgmen saying they could do special things if they "all ride above their level, which I know we can", or something like that, to BSN.

Hes not wrong though is he. All teams have to out ride their averages to win a title with team limits at 40 and you need 46 points to win a title! 

If frederiksen, paco and thomson all put a point on there average and pickering has brilliant season along with coles pitting 1.5 on his average against weakend reserves it wouldnt be that far fetched!

10 minutes ago, ljriley90 said:

Hes not wrong though is he. All teams have to out ride their averages to win a title with team limits at 40 and you need 46 points to win a title! 

If frederiksen, paco and thomson all put a point on there average and pickering has brilliant season along with coles pitting 1.5 on his average against weakend reserves it wouldnt be that far fetched!

For team building the limit is 38 not 40.

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

For team building the limit is 38 not 40.

Apologies youre right.

Only amplifies the fact any team that wins the league is well out scoring their starting averages

40 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

So what should he have said? He doesn't really rate the team and thinks it will be a season of struggle? You've got to be positive at this time of year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Endeavour said:

Don’t think being captain is that big a deal in speedway you flip a coin and pick heads or takes for the gate pick which as a team you discuss before hand anyway.