British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king junior

Scuntffield 2024

Think a lot of people need to take a look at how many riders started their career at Scunthorpe, present and past.

Opportunities always available for budding stars and plenty of time to hone skills at Amateur meetings or private hire.

No mention at moment of potential riders, but the following riders could certainly do a job, albeit dependant on averages.

1.Luke Harrison

2.Jamie Halder

3.Sam McGurk

4.Elliot Kelly

5.Ace Pijper

6.Archie Freeman

7.Joe Alcock

• Like 1

3 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Think a lot of people need to take a look at how many riders started their career at Scunthorpe, present and past.

Opportunities always available for budding stars and plenty of time to hone skills at Amateur meetings or private hire.

No mention at moment of potential riders, but the following riders could certainly do a job, albeit dependant on averages.

1.Luke Harrison

2.Jamie Halder

3.Sam McGurk

4.Elliot Kelly

5.Ace Pijper

6.Archie Freeman

7.Joe Alcock

Probable that 3 of those could be at Redcar

22 hours ago, ScunnyDan said:

Surely he’s leading the way… practice sessions ran virtually 3 weekends a month, amateur meetings regularly, track private hires with many youth/pre ndl riders using the track… this ventures a good move imo and hopefully it works out for both clubs 

I imagine any Scunny riders will have to pay to attend amateur meetings as a basic requirement !   

On 11/30/2023 at 9:29 PM, False dawn said:

Sorry if I'm being cynical, but the chairman of the board is promoting a club which is going to hold half the development fixtures of any other club apart from Sheffield.

Is this how they get away with half the losses/costs whereas other clubs fulfill the "mandatory" requirement? 

1 hour ago, TMW said:

I imagine any Scunny riders will have to pay to attend amateur meetings as a basic requirement !   

More negativity and wrong by a long way

1 hour ago, TMW said:

As would any rider attending any track.

• Like 1

I'll go for

Scunfield  
Nathan Ablitt 8.49
Ryan Kinsley 7.67
Jamie Halder 4.58
Elliot Kelly 4.41
Joe Alcock 4.36
Josh Embleton 3.47
Senna Summers 3.00
Total 35.98

On 12/2/2023 at 11:43 AM, ScunnyDan said:

Surely he’s leading the way… practice sessions ran virtually 3 weekends a month, amateur meetings regularly, track private hires with many youth/pre ndl riders using the track… this ventures a good move imo and hopefully it works out for both clubs 

Not really, he will have pay money out in NDL.All he does is take money in all the ventures you mention.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Not really, he will have pay money out in NDL.All he does is take money in all the ventures you mention.

which will cover the loss from the Ndl meetings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

which will cover the loss from the Ndl meetings

Agree,but he is hardly “leading the way” most other NDL Clubs will lose money with no way of recouping it.

Just now, Fromafar said:

Agree,but he is hardly “leading the way” most other NDL Clubs will lose money with no way of recouping it.

Don't agree the teams running NDL all have the opportunity to run practices and or amateur meetings to cover costs

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Don't agree the teams running NDL all have the opportunity to run practices and or amateur meetings to cover costs

Didn’t realise that.

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Hardly true of all teams. Some have very limited availability of track time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, False dawn said:

Hardly true of all teams. Some have very limited availability of track time.

Leicester run practices which I'm sure will increase under new owners

oxford run 3 teams so no lack of availability 

redcar run amateurs and practice and private hire

bellevue run a practice 

scunthorpe run amateurs and practice and private hire

edinburgh run there acadamey 

don't see much lack of availability 

I remember it being said on here a few years ago that riders only get free practice/amateur meetings when they show a bit of promise along with a commitment to Scunthorpe. If I remember right it was when Howarth and Ashley Morris were starting out there. I suppose it does tie in with the above postings though.