British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spin king junior

Scuntffield 2024

Boston aint it ? 

On 12/30/2023 at 1:28 PM, Greg said:

Boston aint it ? 

Yes Mickie is from near Boston and confirmed this morning.

• Like 1

Really gutted Mickie isn’t back with the academy next year great lad and only getting better. All the best to him for the season.

3 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

7.61 for the last 2 riders.

Any thoughts?   Kean Dicken on 3.00?  and?

Joe Alcock would be the best option, but I've read he's not riding this year. 

Or how about?

Scunfield  
Nathan Ablitt 8.49
Luke Harrison 6.86
Ace Pijper 5.81
Mickie Simpson 4.23
Mason Watson 3.93
Josh Embleton 3.47
Stene Pijper 3.00
Total 35.79

Few weeks ago I'm sure it said that they had sorted 6 riders out and they had 4. Something to play with for the last spot so I assume the 2nd reserve is a 3pter

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Few weeks ago I'm sure it said that they had sorted 6 riders out and they had 4. Something to play with for the last spot so I assume the 2nd reserve is a 3pter

It was said that final spot would be from a rider who looks well at practice sessions so with what's remaining points it could be open to lots who have been mentioned and some who haven't. Sam woods,Connor king, Kieran Douglas , Billy Budd , Sam Wolley, Alex Goldsbrough, Sheldon Davies, the list goes on

18 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

It was said that final spot would be from a rider who looks well at practice sessions so with what's remaining points it could be open to lots who have been mentioned and some who haven't. Sam woods,Connor king, Kieran Douglas , Billy Budd , Sam Wolley, Alex Goldsbrough, Sheldon Davies, the list goes on

Kieran Douglas has been riding a long time now and has absolutely no improvement in him whatsoever, he can make a gate then rides at half throttle !

52 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Kieran Douglas has been riding a long time now and has absolutely no improvement in him whatsoever, he can make a gate then rides at half throttle !

Could easily add Woods, Woolley,  king and Davies to the list of riders who have had multiple chances and done little with it. Be nice to see a Rookie like Budd or Goldsborough get a chance 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

So that's what this league is about let's help keiran improve get somebody on board with your connections could you not help him nice lad and always turns up with everything ready to go, averaged 4.18 in 2021 in a stronger league surely can improve in this year's back to basics league

Edited by Binman

9 minutes ago, Binman said:

So that's what this league is about let's help keiran improve get somebody on board with your connections could you not help him nice lad and always turns up with everything ready to go, averaged 4.18 in 2021 in a stronger league surely can improve in this year's back to basics league

I agree that Keiran is a nice lad but nice doesn't often make for successful.  4.18 in 2021 but his average fell for the past 2 seasons despite having the same home track. Speedway is a ruthless business and sometimes it just doesn't work out for certain riders.

13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I agree that Keiran is a nice lad but nice doesn't often make for successful.  4.18 in 2021 but his average fell for the past 2 seasons despite having the same home track. Speedway is a ruthless business and sometimes it just doesn't work out for certain riders.

as I said he needs somebody on board to help 

Kean Dicken announcing news tomorrow. Scunthorpe usually announce their news on Thursdays

Maybe I'm putting 2+2 together here

Has Dicken been posting some blistering practice performances over the winter? I would have expected more ripples if he was. Otherwise im questioning the fanfare other than the old Stags link because previous track records at NDL and even MDL were never anything to get excited about.