British Speedway Forum
StarBoy

2024 Premiership Predictions

Belle Vue did give it the thank you to Jake for stepping in on a short term basis guff because they had to once they broke the rules. 

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Leicester, Oxford and Ipswich look play off material to me bar the usual injury caveats. Between Lynn and Sheffield for the final spot maybe. 
Wouldn’t write Belle Vue off either as although their current side won’t get in for me, I’d expect them to make the necessary changes fairly quickly. They probably won’t be the only ones to do that either which makes predicting anything almost impossible really. 

Well you can bet your bottom dollar the Sheffield “Hokey Cokey” Tigers will! 

Ipswich

Oxford

Leicester

Sheffield

Lynn

Belle Vue

Birmingham

Edited by Aries

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Allen wasn’t announced as a “temporary” signing at the time was he. You then had the grey area of the “rule” that no changes could be made after the season started which opened up a huge can of worms as I’m sure you know. Ipswich also made a change after Heeps started the season appallingly during the same timeframe that lead some to think the “rules” meant no changes permitted before LEAGUE fixtures had started. Plenty weren’t convinced and as usual, there was a lack of transparency to the rule. Anyway you asked for an example and I’ve given you one. Time will tell if Belle Vue make changes IF they don’t start too well. I think they will but I personally hope they don’t because I don’t see this team being a title threat. 

I like your thinking! Lemo is notoriously slow to make changes so I don’t really see BV as a threat to the top four

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

I like your thinking! Lemo is notoriously slow to make changes so I don’t really see BV as a threat to the top four

That's not a problem for Belle Vue. Do enough for top 4 & strengthen up in August. Changing early isn't necessary if the team can at least win at home 

Now all the teams are complete my predictions are:

1st - Ipswich. Fantastic top 2 is what makes them favourites for me. Dan T has been an impressive RS, with an injury free season, should be one of the better ones. Ellis & Rew have room for improvement, but I think there a top team even if they don't.

2nd - Oxford. Good number one then 4 3rd heat leaders / top second strings & the best reserve in the league. Weak RS, but shouldn't hinder them too much.

3rd - Leicester. Very good top 5, like Wolves last year, but with a stronger number 1. Possibly have the weakest reserve pairing, which means a play-off spot is not a certainty.

4th - King's Lynn. Good number one & a solid top 4. Possibly the best reserve duo in the league.

5th - Sheffield. Great top 2. Solid 3&4. But weaker at reserve (especially number 6).

6th - Belle Vue. A lot depends on Bewley as he could turn a solid top 2/3 into a great top 2/3. Don't see so much improvement in their second strings & don't look great at reserve either.

7th - Birmingham. None of the riders they've signed are particularly bad signings, most can probably up their averages. It's just a team that would look like Champions in a 36 point league, but they're racing in a 40 point league.

In conclusion, I think Ipswich are a cut above the rest. There's very little between 2nd to 5th. Belle Vue slightly behind & Brummies favourites for the wooden spoon.

7 hours ago, Najjer said:

Struggling to see what people are seeing in the Belle Vue side that puts them near the top of the league? I think it’s one of the poorer Belle Vue sides assembled for a number of years and based on how they line up currently, I would have them 6th in the league. Poor reserves too. Same goes for Sheffield which could be their downfall especially on nights when Chris Holder or Woffinden don’t fancy it.

Oxford has the makings of being a team that could batter any team in the league on their day, but then put up 35 points at home the following night. They are very hard to predict. 

King’s Lynn are my dark horses, especially if Wojydo hits the ground running. I don’t think they will win the league but they should upset a few. 

Ipswich are favourites for me by a considerable margin.

Can't disagree with any of those points

1. Ipswich Witches

2. Oxford Spires

3.Sheffield Tigers

4. King's Lynn Stars

5. Belle Vue Aces

6. Leicester Lions

7. Birmingham Brummies

As it's a prediction/s thread....

B'ham Team thoughts:

Pawliki- weakest No.1 in the League

Lampart-weakest No.2 in the League

Worral-weakest No.3 in the League

Brennan-weakest No.4 in the League

Milik-weakest No.5 in the League

Cook-strongest No.6 in the League

Flint- average No.7 in the League

Not sure where 'ANY' League points are going to come from ? unless there's a meeting where B'ham use 'guests' !?

Ipswich v Sheffield/Belle Vue in the FINAL!

Without wanting to nit pick I'd say Kerr is stronger than Cook and Flint should be the best number seven in the league, and that PB should suit him much better than MG.

Without doubt Brum are the seventh best team on paper and a good season would be to win more home meetings than not, can't see any away points unfortunately. What is vital is that there is a good team spirit and togetherness, and that the foreign based riders show up every week. Few injuries and a consistent hone track week to week will also help.

As I've said elsewhere the Brum home meetings for Lynn appeal to me as much as any due to seeing different riders, and the last time PP and Milik rode at the AFA they were a great watch, fence scraping and overtaking etc.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

B'ham Team thoughts:

Not sure where 'ANY' League points are going to come from ? unless there's a meeting where B'ham use 'guests' !?

I wouldn’t say that Cook is the strongest number 6 in the league... Wojdylo/MPT or Kerr is

Edited by SpeedwayFan91

37 minutes ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

I wouldn’t say that Cook is the strongest number 6 in the league... Wojdylo/MPT or Kerr is

At Perry Barr....Z.Cook is as good as MPT/Kerr.... so, may be not stronger, but 'equal' !? (IMO)  .not sure about anywhere else though? :D

If everyone's prediction that Brum will finish 7th turns out to be correct, It will be good news for speedway and Brum fans in particular, as it will mean that they will have seen the season out.

13 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

B'ham Team thoughts:

Trying to be positive for Brummies I'll suggest, Worrall not far behind Iversen & Tungate. Brennan not far behind B.Cook & Ellis. Lampart could be stronger than Blodorn, Rew, Palm-Toft & Howarth.

But even if these prove true, still expecting Brummies to finish bottom.

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Trying to be positive for Brummies I'll suggest, Worrall not far behind Iversen & Tungate. Brennan not far behind B.Cook & Ellis. Lampart could be stronger than Blodorn, Rew, Palm-Toft & Howarth.

But even if these prove true, still expecting Brummies to finish bottom.

LOL