British Speedway Forum
StarBoy

2024 Premiership Predictions

If Emil and Doyle don't finish first and second in the averages again this year then my gob will be well and truly smacked.

19 hours ago, Col said:

One team has to finish 6th (sorry Brummies you're 7th)... Witches septet finished 6th when I totalled up what I thought each rider would average over the course of the season.

Fricke is young enough to improve, Doyle is beyond his best.  To win a league title you need riders who can improve their average over the course of a season. I don't see any, except Rew in the Witches septet.

Best 1 and 5 in the league..Ave tells that ...

3 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Best 1 and 5 in the league..Ave tells that ...

Undisputed. It’s just that team speedway, by its very nature, is hugely impacted by any injury to individuals. As a British speedway supporter, I want to see the best riders that the league can attract. Because of fixed race nights, the absence of a top rider, particularly in the Witches case,  will only weaken the team (any guest for Ipswich would be a downgrade, R/R even worse). The very busy schedules of the top riders, by the law of averages, will result in casualties at some point.

The upcoming season is looking like one of the best for some time in view of the riders we will be watching. Having followed Leicester from a kid through thin and ridiculously thin, I think that success this year would have some kudos. (Yeah I know, outside of the speedway bubble that means sod all!).

Leicester are my favourites for the title, they have the look of Peterborough 2021 where nearly every rider could have scored ten points. The only doubt for me is Richard Lawson given his age and can be inconsistent. Leicester V Ipswich/Sheffield final.

Leicester for me too. Really like the way they’ve built the side. They won’t be carrying any rider and every member of the team is capable of contributing decent points which collectively will tot up 45+ more often than not. 

Leicester reserves poor IMO when you compare them with everybody else's, bar perhaps Sheffield but their top five is better.

Think I put Leicester 6th and I stand by that. 

It’s honestly so hard to predict, I just think Birmingham will be bottom and King’s Lynn will be 4th (the rest I can’t decide) 

1 hour ago, SpeedwayFan91 said:

It’s honestly so hard to predict, I just think Birmingham will be bottom and King’s Lynn will be 4th (the rest I can’t decide) 

Brum may need to make changes through  the year...

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Brum may need to make changes through  the year...

They need to make changes before the season starts ! Lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GiveusaB said:

They do look poor but u have got to give them a chance ...Riders will come available  into the season..

By using all riders actual 2023 averages (not GSA rolling averages) it comes out as follows:-

1-Ipswich-48.50

2-Sheffield-47.84

3-Leicester-46.91

4-King's Lynn-46.87

5-Belle Vue-46.77

6-Oxford-46.64

7-Birmingham-43.51

For Oxford I have given Janowski an average similar to Sayfutdinov & Doyle. For Tungate his most current BPL average which I'm sure he will improve  and I fully expect Boughan to improve. I would therefore think that Oxford will finish much higher.

23 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

22 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

They do look poor but u have got to give them a chance ...Riders will come available  into the season..

Nah! As soon as someone drops out, the trusty old faithful "Tactical Facility" will be used. Just as is has been the past few years. It's a trade mark of Laurence Rogers.  I'm even wondering who's going to the rider to fall on his sprocket shaped sword to make way for the tactical facility. Milik perhaps? I wonder if there's a sweepstakes going on for which week in the season it happens?

On 2/17/2024 at 8:46 PM, Bagpuss said:

Leicester reserves poor IMO when you compare them with everybody else's, bar perhaps Sheffield but their top five is better.

Think I put Leicester 6th and I stand by that. 

Yep picked the wrong 2 ,can’t see them pair keeping thier ride ,rider changes /suspension in 23 cost them a final birth, fricke has too have a big year in all his leagues to get back into gp’s, tigers look to be the favourites but what team stays the same by sept/Oct,not many

16 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

Yep picked the wrong 2 ,can’t see them pair keeping thier ride ,rider changes /suspension in 23 cost them a final birth, fricke has too have a big year in all his leagues to get back into gp’s, tigers look to be the favourites but what team stays the same by sept/Oct,not many

Lynn have the best reserve pairing imo, Wojdylo/Rowe or MPT/Rowe… Kerr is obviously a great number 6 but Boughen is nowhere near Rowe, not yet anyway 

Edited by SpeedwayFan91
  • Like 1

I do think it matters who finishes top.

For me the main thing is that you finish in the top 4 to reach the Play Offs.

So the top 4 to finish in the Play Offs for me will be in no particular order.

Bell Vue

Ipswich

Leicester

Sheffield

The winner of the Play Off will be the team that books Bomber Harris as a Guest for the Play Offs.

• Like 1