British Speedway Forum
szkocjasid

Leicester Lion Cubs 2024

Joe Thompson and Arran Butcher are the first 2024 Cubs announced by the club this morning.

21 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Thompson confirmed.  Perry left out.   Butcher will be there 

10 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

Joe Thompson and Arran Butcher are the first 2024 Cubs announced by the club this morning.

Not a bad prediction, as 12 hours later we got an official announcement.

Should I predict Max James and Tom Spencer for tomorrow?

Not sure what Joe is gaining still racing at this level. Yes he’s getting laps in, but will have very little racing, especially at home.

• Like 2

Joe is tripling up yet they’ve massively dumbed down the NL! He’s going to score maximums every week and learn nothing at this level. A class above the rest b

No you should have predicted Vinnie and Tom....

22 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

Not sure what Joe is gaining still racing at this level. Yes he’s getting laps in, but will have very little racing, especially at home.

20 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Joe is tripling up yet they’ve massively dumbed down the NL! He’s going to score maximums every week and learn nothing at this level. A class above the rest b

Joe T really should be aiming for the greatest ever NL ave, rivalling Kennett, Mason, Howe etc.

I'm a bit confused by Leicester's thinking, with their Premiership hat on they think Joe can take scalps & is good enough for the Prem, but with their NL hat on, he feels Joe needs another season in a far weaker league - those two trains of thought don't make sense together?

Also if they really are focussed on "development" doesn't Max Perry need another NL season more than Joe T?

• Like 1

Glad Luke signed for Leicester. I assume with 3.33 left that the final rider will be William Cairns (When does he turn 15?) I can't tell if I like this team or not... It has the potential to be unstoppable or weak at the top end... I can't tell. Either way it doesn't matter too much because there's plenty of young riders to develop there, which is what this league is all about.

1. Joe Thompson

2. Vinnie Foord

3. Max James

4. Arran Butcher

5. Tom Spencer

6. Luke Crang

7. William Cairns

1 hour ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Sonny Springer has completed the team 

Curious move.    Will Sonny get the boot when Will Cairns turns 15?   

Thought Springer might have gone somewhere with a more secure team place.

2 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

What makes you think anyone will get the boot 

Shocked that Max Perry has been left out. Too many riders in the NDL who have reached their limit, so to waive an obvious improver seems bonkers

1 hour ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Paul Cairns will be a big pull for young brits. He's mega keen on his son and other lads getting plenty of laps in. Sonny can practice at leicester as much as he needs too. 

• Like 1

I'm really pleased these new rules for the NL have encouraged Leicester to drop 32 year old Max Perry, who after 6 seasons in the NL is unlikely to make the grade at Champ level or above & replace him with 16 year old Luke Crang with only 2 years experience in the NL & looking for a doubling up spot in the Champ!

*Spot the deliberate mistake

• Haha 1