British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
szkocjasid

Oxford Chargers 2024

Predictions & comments for 2024 welcome. I have no idea of the team, but there will be plenty changes with Jenkins & Atkins not in the NL in 2024. Almost said Boughen too, before I remembered he was at Leicester last year lol!

I'll go for:

Luke Killeen 7.73

Jody Scott 5.31

Alex Spooner 5.07

Jacob Clouting 5.05

Jason Garrad 4.77

Arran Butcher 4.69

Senna Summers 3.00

Total 35.62

Edited by szkocjasid

I know Boughen has said he's not doing NDL, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Oxford twist his arm to get this potential league winning team

Luke Killeen       7.73
Ashton Boughen    7.51
Jody Scott        5.31
Jacob Clouting   5.05
Mickie Simpson   4.23
Ashton Vale   3.00
Senna Summers   3.00

I'd think Scott and Clouting are certainties, as is Killeen I'd imagine. They've also been pretty keen on Nathan Stoneman in the past as well.

Nathan Stoneman - 8.67
Luke Killeen - 7.73
Jody Scott - 5.31
Jacob Clouting - 5.05
Ashton Vale - 3.00
Sam Woods - 3.00
Kai Ward - 3.00

Edited by Bojangles

35 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

I'd think Scott and Clouting are certainties, as is Killeen I'd imagine. They've also been pretty keen on Nathan Stoneman in the past as well.

Nathan Stoneman - 8.67
Luke Killeen - 7.73
Jody Scott - 5.31
Jacob Clouting - 5.05
Ashton Vale - 3.00
Sam Woods - 3.00
Kai Ward - 3.00

Thought id seen that Vale had retired? Scott, Clouting and Killeen look highly likely along with Vale and would be staggered if Garrad doesn't get a place. I would be highly tempted to grab Butcher and Warren from Mildenhall too and go strength in depth but all with good records at Home.

Killeen 7.73
Scott 5.31
Clouting 5.05
Garrad 4.77
Butcher 4.69
Warren 4.93
Vale 3.00

Total 35.48

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Thought id seen that Vale had retired? Scott, Clouting and Killeen look highly likely along with Vale and would be staggered if Garrad doesn't get a place. I would be highly tempted to grab Butcher and Warren from Mildenhall too and go strength in depth but all with good records at Home.

Killeen 7.73
Scott 5.31
Clouting 5.05
Garrad 4.77
Butcher 4.69
Warren 4.93
Vale 3.00

Total 35.48

Butcher was with us in 2022, and would do a cracking job if he came back - especially at this watered down level. Josh Warren also rides Sandy Lane well. Would be happy with both.

23 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

I know Boughen has said he's not doing NDL, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Oxford twist his arm to get this potential league winning team

Luke Killeen       7.73
Ashton Boughen    7.51
Jody Scott        5.31
Jacob Clouting   5.05
Mickie Simpson   4.23
Ashton Vale   3.00
Senna Summers   3.00

With only 10 matches in the NL or wouldn't be too much hardship for Boughen to for the matches into his fixture list. But I assume with Prem, Champ & U24 league, he'll have enough racing without NL.

Perhaps the Spires should have picked Atkins as the RS to convince Boughen to stay at NL level then once he's committed drop Atkins for him in the top league lol!

Oxford were pretty quick to name their full Premiership & Championship sides, but not one NDL signing named yet.

Would have thought Killeen, Scott and Summers are nailed on.   Probably Clouting and maybe Sonny Springer?

On 12/19/2023 at 9:20 PM, PotteringAround said:

Oxford were pretty quick to name their full Premiership & Championship sides, but not one NDL signing named yet.

Would have thought Killeen, Scott and Summers are nailed on.   Probably Clouting and maybe Sonny Springer?

Im wondering if the achieved over 4 rule has forced a change around? I can see Killeen & Kinsley as a spearhead, Scott in then either Clouting or Garrad (probably the latter). Another 3 pointer alongside Senna would still leave room for a rider up to 4.5ish like Simpson or Alcock. Still feels improbable and looking around it feels like something unexpected will happen with the Chargers side this year.

25 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Im wondering if the achieved over 4 rule has forced a change around? I can see Killeen & Kinsley as a spearhead, Scott in then either Clouting or Garrad (probably the latter). Another 3 pointer alongside Senna would still leave room for a rider up to 4.5ish like Simpson or Alcock. Still feels improbable and looking around it feels like something unexpected will happen with the Chargers side this year.

Luke Killeen, Jody Scott and Jacob Clouting are certainties, and it seems like Senna Summers is nailed on as well.

That leaves 14.91 for the other three, which means either Ryan Kinsley or Jason Garrad misses out. I wouldn't rule out Nathan Stoneman and two more three pointers.

Edited by Bojangles

I don't think Nathan Stoneman will return to racing. Last season's injury & the arrival of a baby has made him review his lifestyle & I think he is happy to be a mechanic on race nights.

I think Boughen should stay in the NL setup for another season. I know he has ambition & wants to race at higher levels but you have to know how to win races from the front & have the pressure of being a rider within the team that is looked upon to return double figures & be in the big races at the end

• Like 1

Well 36 is considered to be a low limit, but Oxford have built their team to 34. On paper looks an incredibly weak team, based on last year, 1 heat leader, 2/3 second strings, 3/4 reserves. But it's obvious they've not built a team to win the league but to develop riders, so can't blame them for that!

33 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Well 36 is considered to be a low limit, but Oxford have built their team to 34. On paper looks an incredibly weak team, based on last year, 1 heat leader, 2/3 second strings, 3/4 reserves. But it's obvious they've not built a team to win the league but to develop riders, so can't blame them for that!

We can’t really compare to last year at all given that all teams will look incredibly weak due to the points limit. But if that is the 7 then Oxford have remained loyal to their squad and picked riders who can genuinely progress to their CL and PL teams. 

Very interesting side, very unproven number 1, strong 2,3,4 but weak number 5 ( whoever takes that role?). Reserves were always set to graduate and will hold thier own without the pressure of moving into the 1-5 all season. Ultimately uninspiring but matches should be entertaining at home.