British Speedway Forum

The British Final 2024 will be on a Saturday night. 

From the British Speedway website. 

British Final will take place at Belle Vue’s National Speedway Stadium on Saturday, June 8.

British Speedway is delighted to be able to confirm the prime summer date for the major event, with the move to a weekend evening staging likely to be warmly welcomed by supporters.

Prior warning the ParkLife Festival is on in Manchester that weekend and the hotel prices are similar to Cardiff. 

I wonder with a full season in British Speedway and with the event a month before the SoN whether Tai Woffinden will make a return. 

Be interesting to see if any of the riders who race in Poland ride in this as there’s league matches over there Friday-Sunday.  Wonder if any of the clubs will put the usual demands on riders to concentrate on Poland 

On the face of it that's an excellent decision, I'll definitely attend when it's held at the weekend but unlikely to do so on a Monday night... it'll be interesting to see if Woffy rides in it ;)

Think you have answered your own  question - if there's speedway in Poland paying £1000 per point why would anyone bother racing at BV for £10 a point ?  Expect the usual field of British Talent , with a few last minute "sickies" requiring a few NDL fillers to make up the numbers.  Programmes  £10 each , inflated admission charges, didsy track prep as its a "shared" event  and sounds like  over priced hotel accommodation.  What's there not to like ? 

• Confused 1

I hope the GP qualifiers for 2025/2026 are decided in this meeting. As well being a national champion & the Cardiff wild card spot, should encourage top riders to attend.

Isn’t this the same day as the first round of the SEC ? 

17 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Isn’t this the same day as the first round of the SEC ? 

Correct.  I guess it'll boil down to which meeting is seen to be more important in the eyes of riders?

Can't see many, if any, riders who may qualify for the British final will be riding in the SEC !!

5 hours ago, Neila said:

Can't see many, if any, riders who may qualify for the British final will be riding in the SEC !!

I guess (from the poster who asked the question) that it may affect Adam Ellis at least?!

• Like 1