British Speedway Forum
Bagpuss

Championship Predictions 2024

Since the Speedway Star didn't do predictions like it used to, I added up these predictions to get an average. Like the speedway star used to do giving 1st = 9 pts & so on till 1 pt for 9th.

1st Poole (7.3)

2nd Redcar (6.8)

3rd Oxford (6.15)

4th Glasgow (6.11)

5th Scunthorpe (6.0)

6th Berwick (4.7)

7th Workington (3.3)

8th Edinburgh (3.1)

9th Plymouth (1.6)

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Since the Speedway Star didn't do predictions like it used to, I added up these predictions to get an average. Like the speedway star used to do giving 1st = 9 pts & so on till 1 pt for 9th.

1st Poole (7.3)

2nd Redcar (6.8)

3rd Oxford (6.15)

4th Glasgow (6.11)

5th Scunthorpe (6.0)

6th Berwick (4.7)

7th Workington (3.3)

8th Edinburgh (3.1)

9th Plymouth (1.6)

I would absolutely agree with that bottom four, I think that looks quite clear cut on paper personally. Just a question of who misses out on the Play Offs out of that top five. 

Glasgow 

Poole

Scunny 

Redcar

Berwick 

Edinburgh

Oxford

Workington 

Plymouth 

Oxford look massively over rated to me!! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I would absolutely agree with that bottom four, I think that looks quite clear cut on paper personally. Just a question of who misses out on the Play Offs out of that top five. 

I can't agree with Berwick being that low. Think a lot of predictions placing Redcar high were before Jorgensen got injured.

There was a great many people placing Edinburgh, Workington & Plymouth in the bottom 3, so if that's accurate, it's 6 clubs fighting for the remaining 3 play-offs spots. Poole being certainties for me.

• Like 1

I think Berwick have a decent team this year, would be surprised if they weren’t closer to the top than bottom.

Poole, Scunthorpe and Glasgow top teams for me.

13 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I can't agree with Berwick being that low. Think a lot of predictions placing Redcar high were before Jorgensen got injured.

There was a great many people placing Edinburgh, Workington & Plymouth in the bottom 3, so if that's accurate, it's 6 clubs fighting for the remaining 3 play-offs spots. Poole being certainties for me.

Personally I don't think Knudsen for Jorgensen changes an awful lot in terms of Redcar's chances.

Berwick just don't convince me, too many riders who won't improve and could go missing, plus they always seem susceptible to home defeats. They are arguably the best of the rest but I'd be astonished if they get anywhere near the top four. 

3 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Personally I don't think Knudsen for Jorgensen changes an awful lot in terms of Redcar's chances.

Berwick just don't convince me, too many riders who won't improve and could go missing, plus they always seem susceptible to home defeats. They are arguably the best of the rest but I'd be astonished if they get anywhere near the top four. 

Can’t see them being susceptible to home defeats this season…..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

56 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

I agree with ragdoll, think Berwick will be very good at home this year. But that's the point of a forum, differing views.

Indeed, time will tell. Their luck with injuries will be crucial too as they haven't had much of it in recent seasons.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ragdoll64 said:

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

I agree with ragdoll, think Berwick will be very good at home this year. But that's the point of a forum, differing views.

Glasgow should win there tbh with Complin and Flint in their team! But Berwick will be lots better at home than previous seasons, so can't see too many doing it. 

Edit - oh and Harris!! lol 

Edited by lisa-colette

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Glasgow should win there tbh with Complin and Flint in their team! But Berwick will be lots better at home than previous seasons, so can't see too many doing it. 

Edit - oh and Harris!! lol 

Ace was also a bullet if going to go there. But I wouldn't be too confident in us winning anywhere this season. Brother Steve's early season form for Birmingham not been good either. I'd bite your hand off for 4th if was offered!

20 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Ace was also a bullet if going to go there. But I wouldn't be too confident in us winning anywhere this season. Brother Steve's early season form for Birmingham not been good either. I'd bite your hand off for 4th if was offered!

Oh yes, Ace too!

Well you are not having Tom back ;). I just wonder when riders have to change teams that is forced on them, they take a couple of months to settle. Didn't Masters say going to Oxford felt different to what he thought but halfway through last season onwards he felt comfortable in the team. 

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh yes, Ace too!

Well you are not having Tom back ;). I just wonder when riders have to change teams that is forced on them, they take a couple of months to settle. Didn't Masters say going to Oxford felt different to what he thought but halfway through last season onwards he felt comfortable in the team. 

And Starke

18 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Susceptible to home defeats can’t really be made an argument when we’ve only kept two riders from last season, one of them being Etheridge who is renowned for being at his best at Shielfield. Hume has scored well at Berwick for the past 3/4 years, and Borke’s now recorded his 2 biggest scores in the UK at Shielfield, along with Hodder who was nigh on unbeatable in the NL at Berwick, and extremely impressive against Workington. I’m not saying Berwick will go unbeaten at home, or even necessarily make the play offs, but they certainly shouldn’t be losing as many as previous seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Susceptible to home defeats can’t really be made an argument when we’ve only kept two riders from last season, one of them being Etheridge who is renowned for being at his best at Shielfield. Hume has scored well at Berwick for the past 3/4 years, and Borke’s now recorded his 2 biggest scores in the UK at Shielfield, along with Hodder who was nigh on unbeatable in the NL at Berwick, and extremely impressive against Workington. I’m not saying Berwick will go unbeaten at home, or even necessarily make the play offs, but they certainly shouldn’t be losing as many as previous seasons.

When Stewart assembled the team I liked the look of it and they would really have to have an off night at home to lose.

It is refreshing to see the Bandit fans having a team to be excited about and the team has strength in depth especially at reserve ,if a rider in the 1-5 is having an off night.

Hope they have an off night this Saturday right enough.

• Like 4