British Speedway Forum

actually, numpties like this often get promotions in real life - HR seem to love bullhitters, seen it sooo many times. Of course they're bullhitters too in the main.

15 hours ago, Deano said:

I know one of the former contestants from many many years ago. She did tell me that some scenarios edited together, were from different days. Someone behind camera wound her up to get an angry expression, this was edited into another scene to get the impression she had a dislike for some ones idea. The woman I know in real life is completely different to the edited one on this programme.

That's the fakeness of television for you.

I think it's clear from the 'You're Fired' show that most of them are nothing like the caricatures they're put up to be, and they have to play up to certain expectations to have a chance of getting on the show. Of course, a few do have over-inflated opinions of their ability, but I suspect a fair bit of scripting goes on, plus the pressure of time rarely shows any of them in the best light. 

Although I still watch it, the Apprentice has long since descended into reality entertainment rather than any serious attempt to find a business partner, if it ever was that in the first place.  

So basically from all who have commented the show is puppet manipulation for TV audience that is viewed by millions!

Run on similar lines to British Speedway and the ones behind it and viewed by hundreds!

52 minutes ago, secsy1 said:

So basically from all who have commented the show is puppet manipulation for TV audience that is viewed by millions!

Run on similar lines to British Speedway and the ones behind it and viewed by hundreds!

You've summed up TV in a nutshell there... everything from the news to live sport

7 hours ago, Humphrey Appleby said:

...... has long since descended into reality entertainment 

Really?!!

They just concentrated / showed those who argued, Paul Bowen was very much in the background.  I also know of folk who were in the audience on filmed TV shows & the stuff transmitted wasn't how they remembered it.  Always bear in mind a lot of what you see on TV, unless live, is manipulated or at least edited to create 'good TV' or in other words drama, whether real or otherwise, is encouraged.  Think for yourself & take much TV, unless live, with a pinch of salt....

Edited by martinmauger
spelling

On 2/5/2024 at 7:18 AM, Humphrey Appleby said:

Although I still watch it, the Apprentice has long since descended into reality entertainment...

Would you still be watching it if the entertainment value wasn't there?

Laughing at idiots is a time-honoured form of humour!

0 EF dnf Fex for Paul B....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

0 EF dnf Fex for Paul B....

Hope BSN were watching.!!!!

Shame, shoulda bin a walk in the park for them but Paul B & the other 'pie guy' screwed up & the woman made more money from the task.....

On 2/9/2024 at 4:57 AM, martinmauger said:

Shame, shoulda bin a walk in the park for them but Paul B & the other 'pie guy' screwed up & the woman made more money from the task.....

So pleased he's fired, as good at business as he is at riding speedway - not very.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Please don’t mock anyone who has a go at riding a speedway bike  I ve tried and it’s bloody scary 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Please don’t mock anyone who has a go at riding a speedway bike  I ve tried and it’s bloody scary 

Yes so have I and it isn't, it depends on what motorcycling experience you have! Typical to assume others haven't had a go, they only go as quick as you turn the throttle, in my experience it was all about throttle control.

Edited by ONTWOMINUTES

On 2/22/2024 at 9:06 PM, r8gdp said:

Can confirm; defo not easy, much more difficult getting the technique right than you would imagine, a speedway bike is much, much more tham 'just a 500cc motorcycle without gears or brakes', needs to be tamed bit like riding a wild beast i.e. wild stallion or cheetah - not necessarily the Oxford version.  Kudos to all those who can, and do:t:....

Edited by martinmauger
corrected bravery
  • Like 2