British Speedway Forum
tocha

Peter Craven Memorial Trophy - Monday 18th March.

Having attended and thoroughly enjoyed it, once totted up, no travel costs, £10 in club first, £27 in, £30 beers and food inside, £10 takeaway on way home.

For £15 on a cold evening I think I'll pay for the extra stream in future, so long as it's cheaper than the entry fee you've got to be on to a winner in my eyes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B.V 72 said:

Now we have debated the cost of streaming would anyone like to comment on what they thought about the Peter Craven memorial speedway meeting.

Very enjoyable meeting .Well done Brady great performance a well deserved win, great race in the final between Brady and Dan . Thought the new boys to the Belle vue team Ben and Connor showed great promise for the season ahead.

Got me back in the mood for speedway and now well locking forward to the new season ahead .The performances of all the Belle vue team gives me hope that the new team can make up for the forced weakening of last seasons team down to averages.

Did Sam Hagon and Freddy Hodder do demonstration races and if so how did they look?

18 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Did Sam Hagon and Freddy Hodder do demonstration races and if so how did they look?

They did, Hagon won them all as you'd expect, nothing too note worthy, Hagon was well on the pace in Heat 4 though when he came in for Doyley

4 hours ago, iainb said:

You have kind of answered a question I was asking myself, in I wondered how much the stream was for people not in the UK. When you factor in things like cost of living and average income, I would suspect that £15 for somebody living and working in Poland for example would be quite a stretch.

That obviously implies people living and working in Poland don’t earn a good income yet the commentator said at the beginning of the meeting, as the camera was scanning the back straight stands, some fans had travelled from Poland. So some Polish residents can afford to come to UK for a meeting so a £15 stream must be well affordable.

Is Sam Hagon any relation to Alf Hagon or his descendants.??

Good to see the young ones shaping so well. Impressed With Cook and the two Connors. Initially looked like Blodorn had took a leap forward. 
Re Celina, she is having a go at a sport she loves, just like many other youngsters. Nothing wrong with that.  How far will she develop……who knows. What I havnt seen in any video clip etc is she mixing it on the first corner (in a tough way). She has got speed and very steady. I give her 10/10 for the courage to have a go.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

That obviously implies people living and working in Poland don’t earn a good income yet the commentator said at the beginning of the meeting, as the camera was scanning the back straight stands, some fans had travelled from Poland. So some Polish residents can afford to come to UK for a meeting so a £15 stream must be well affordable.

Why do you think loads of Polish people have come to Britain to work?

https://livingcost.org/cost/poland/united-kingdom

Just looking at the monthly salary after tax a £15 stream here would be more like a £40 stream in Poland. I wonder how the crowds would be in Poland if they had to pay around £50 entry for every league match 

Edited by iainb

45 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Copied and pasted from the BSPL Riders Index info page:
Son of Martin Peter Hagon (born: 25 December 1961, Hackney, London, England); Grandson of Alfred Joseph Hagon.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OveFundinFan said:

33 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Son of Martin Peter Hagon (born: 25 December 1961, Hackney, London, England); Grandson of Alfred Joseph Hagon.

He's also the son of Charlotte Hagon, Bob Dugard's daughter who is the sister of Martin and Paul Dugard.

Comes from good speedway stock.

• Thanks 1

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but I believe the streaming cost is fixed in part so that tracks don't end up with empty terraces. A percentage of the cost goes back to the track. That is why the cost is closer to an entrance fee otherwise tracks would never allow streaming. 

4 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

I doubt very much that any fans actually travelled from Poland just to watch that meeting, more likely they were Poles who actually live and work here, just a bit of journalistic licence by Ian Brannen I reckon.

I paid for the stream, was considering going but ran out of time to get there, so it was a handy option and I saved a few quid as well. Enjoyed the meeting, great to see the main stand looking almost full to capacity.

Can't really blame the ref for Doyle's misfortune in the final, there's no way he could've known that spokes had been shed, nobody came off, so no reason to stop the race.

I thought Max Fricke was the fastest rider on view but, as he and Dan both said, there was little traction to be had in the final and Brady had the best line.

Welcome back speedway.  

56 minutes ago, nw42 said:

I thought Max Fricke was the fastest rider on view

Difficult to believe, i know, but actually Chris Harris was the fastest on the night! Those transponders seem about as reliable as the tyres :D

3 hours ago, nw42 said:

I doubt very much that any fans actually travelled from Poland just to watch that meeting, more likely they were Poles who actually live and work here, just a bit of journalistic licence by Ian Brannen I reckon.

I paid for the stream, was considering going but ran out of time to get there, so it was a handy option and I saved a few quid as well. Enjoyed the meeting, great to see the main stand looking almost full to capacity.

Can't really blame the ref for Doyle's misfortune in the final, there's no way he could've known that spokes had been shed, nobody came off, so no reason to stop the race.

I thought Max Fricke was the fastest rider on view but, as he and Dan both said, there was little traction to be had in the final and Brady had the best line.

Welcome back speedway.  

There were a few guys from Rawicz there as I spoke to them..! Don’t underestimate how far some of the Poles will go for some speedway, they’re on another level 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, IanBrannan said:

There were a few guys from Rawicz there as I spoke to them..! Don’t underestimate how far some of the Poles will go for some speedway, they’re on another level 

It's probably easier to get from and back to Rawicz than it is trying to navigate the British motorway network after 10pm in 2024!

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Good to see the young ones shaping so well. Impressed With Cook and the two Connors. Initially looked like Blodorn had took a leap forward. 
Re Celina, she is having a go at a sport she loves, just like many other youngsters. Nothing wrong with that.  How far will she develop……who knows. What I havnt seen in any video clip etc is she mixing it on the first corner (in a tough way). She has got speed and very steady. I give her 10/10 for the courage to have a go.

Sam is the son of Martin Hagon

• Like 1

2 hours ago, startline sid said:

Sam is the son of Martin Hagon

Shock! :D