British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Leicester vs King’s Lynn - Thursday 21st March

Just now, 40-38 said:

I think you're the only two people who seem to think you have a point, yes.

yes it seems that way. just shows common sense is disappearing . your just looking at it from a individual point of view. its a team event if one of your team fs up it shouldn't also benefit the same team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

SCB press statement on the SCB website today stating the referees decisions and incidents are being investigated.

Who's investigating, "the weasel"?

2 hours ago, chun said:

he’s gained an advantage as the referee has awarded him points when he failed to finish the race.  the opposition riders were not the cause of this, one of his own riders was

So if this incident happened before the final lap, what would the referee have done? There would have to be a re-run. When was the last time two riders were excluded when a race was re-started? What would happen in an individual rather than team event? Put simply, when have two riders been excluded in relation to the same incident? When races are awarded, one rider is excluded and race points are awarded to the other three riders accordingly. (P.S. You weren’t in the  referee’s box last night by chance were you?).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DazS said:

my thoughts are if a rider knocks off his own team mate, there should be no advantage for that same team.

Before Kemp locked up Leicester were on a 3-3. Once Joe T fell, if Kemp was excluded & Joe awarded 2nd, they would have lost the heat 2-4. That's not an advantage. Kemp's mistake (rightly) cost them points.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, gazzac said:

The tractor he used had a wheel track 2 gates wide on our narrow track, surely wasn't his fault he had to flatten/pack most of gates 2 or 4 or 1 and 3 a bit when grading before heat 15 when we had the choice......

What about his start Marshall with the watering can :-)

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

So if this incident happened before the final lap, what would the referee have done? There would have to be a re-run. When was the last time two riders were excluded when a race was re-started? What would happen in an individual rather than team event? Put simply, when have two riders been excluded in relation to the same incident? When races are awarded, one rider is excluded and race points are awarded to the other three riders accordingly. (P.S. You weren’t in the  referee’s box last night by chance were you?).

two formula 1 cars from the same team collide on the run in to the line and crash out of the race.  the referee doesn’t award either car points so why does he need to here?  was the race actually stopped?  i don’t recall the red lights coming on.  maybe the Lynn rider was past the stricken Leicester duo before the ref had a chance to put the red lights on.  i can see your point of view for sure.  another grey area is where two riders from the same team collide on the opening corner yet both are reinstated for the re run.  i don’t think the rule book is definitive in these kind of scenarios.  i doubt very much that the investigation will focus on heat 2.  for me the incident with the starting gate post will be the focus as this is clearly a safety issue where the heat should have been stopped immediately.  also the ref should have used the tv footage to catch kemp touching the tapes but this heat 2 incident is far too subjective IMHO

Edited by chun
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, chun said:

two formula 1 cars from the same team collide on the run in to the line and crash out of the race.  the referee doesn’t award either car points so why does he need to here?  was the race actually stopped?  i don’t recall the red lights coming on.

Your reference to F1 has no relevance to speedway? No, the race wasn’t stopped and the red lights did not come on. This is because there wasn’t time to do so (and no point in view of the stage of the race). Regardless of this, the referee can still make decisions after the race has finished. There is a reason why the SCB are looking in to this.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Before Kemp locked up Leicester were on a 3-3. Once Joe T fell, if Kemp was excluded & Joe awarded 2nd, they would have lost the heat 2-4. That's not an advantage. Kemp's mistake (rightly) cost them points.

The interesting point in the official referee's scorecard is that neither rider was disqualified in heat 2. They were just registered as having fallen.

Edited by False dawn
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, chun said:

two formula 1 cars from the same team collide on the run in to the line and crash out of the race.  the referee doesn’t award either car points so why does he need to here?  was the race actually stopped?  i don’t recall the red lights coming on.  maybe the Lynn rider was past the stricken Leicester duo before the ref had a chance to put the red lights on.  i can see your point of view for sure.  another grey area is where two riders from the same team collide on the opening corner yet both are reinstated for the re run.  i don’t think the rule book is definitive in these kind of scenarios.  i doubt very much that the investigation will focus on heat 2.  for me the incident with the starting gate post will be the focus as this is clearly a safety issue where the heat should have been stopped immediately.  also the ref should have used the tv footage to catch kemp touching the tapes but this heat 2 incident is far too subjective IMHO

Perhaps the Referee did not have access to the TV footage?

12 hours ago, Teromaafan said:

your arguments are about what ifs, we are talking about what actually happened,

17 hours ago, Hackney said:

It's not been a decent racing surface for at least three years how supporters turn up to watch a prossesion every week is beyond me, I think the circus outside would have been more entertaining. 

Are you sure? The last few years the racing has been fine. Better than a lot of the other tracks around. Multiple passes in multiply heats. You’ve obviously not been to Leicester. 

40 minutes ago, Honey Monster said:

Are you sure? The last few years the racing has been fine. Better than a lot of the other tracks around. Multiple passes in multiply heats. You’ve obviously not been to Leicester. 

Sadly I have, multiple passes in multiple heats ? The only multiple passes I observed were the people rushing to the car park after heat 15.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Perhaps the Referee did not have access to the TV footage?

Heat 2 - Admittedly he might have been watching the race winner when Kemp locked up and was collected by Thompson but if he didn’t actually see it surely their are others in the box with him (timekeeper, announcer, incident recorder, he can ask surely.

Heat 3 - No Excuses here, I am reliably informed by an ex referee of many years standing that when using start posts they automatically check after the tapes go up that the start Marshall has removed it from the track, otherwise the red lights go on, of course that’s also assuming he wasn’t aware that the rule had changed and that start posts were not being used this year.

Heat 14 - It seemed fairly clear from my TV view that Kemp touched the tapes, BSN made a point that the wind might have played a part in blowing the tapes but it still meant Kemp had moved.

Thats the only 3 decisions he really had to make in the match and he made a mess of all 3.

Edited by bigcatdiary

18 hours ago, DazS said:

himself due to his own team mate making a mistake 

His team mate did not make a mistake!

5 hours ago, chun said:

The referee is not allowed to use video footage.