British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangles

Oxford vs Sheffield - Thursday 21st March

2 hours ago, Scipio777 said:

coming down from Yorkshire tomorrow for the match. Is there a decent food option at the stadium, or are we better eating elswhere first?

Thanks in Advance

Trevor

Southern based Dee Dah here, with Oxford my nearest track now. TBH the food in the grandstand at their first match was of quite appalling quality and value, and no Hendos, so we've taken to going to Posh Fish en route, 150 London Road, OX3 9ED. Not cheap, but no chippies are now, and no Yorkshire fish cakes but portions are really huge and quality excellent  Maybe 2-3 miles from the track, near the old Oxford United ground in Headington, but you drive nearby when coming in off M40. Whatever enjoy and let's continue where we left off last year. COYTs. 

8 hours ago, 4BM said:

Will be at this on Thursday, I think Oxford will just sneak it by 2 and it’ll be mainly down to 3 of the Sheffield riders never racing at Oxford before and that just happens to be the 3 heat leaders, if they each take a ride to dial in could be difficult to grab those points back, Sheffield need big points from Pickering and Howarth who have ridden there in 2023 and the 2 reserves in Gilkes and Edwards need to be picking up points against opposite numbers 

Edwards opposite number is Kerr, think he'll struggle to score much at all.

Having a couple of rain offs for Kyle’s testimonial, the press and practice I am concerned about a couple of engine issues for our riders early on in the meeting having not given the bikes a proper run out yet. 
Setting off about 2, going to find a local spoons like a good old tight Yorkshire man 

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Edwards opposite number is Kerr, think he'll struggle to score much at all.

Not expecting much but I think one of Gilkes, Edwards may sneak 5,6 points in 

1 hour ago, Manifesto said:

Having a couple of rain offs for Kyle’s testimonial, the press and practice I am concerned about a couple of engine issues for our riders early on in the meeting having not given the bikes a proper run out yet. 
Setting off about 2, going to find a local spoons like a good old tight Yorkshire man 

Nothing wrong with a spoons! I mean food isn’t Michelin star stuff but it’s decent and the prices won’t be beaten. Fish and chips and a pint under a tenna, can’t go wrong. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nothing wrong with a spoons! I mean food isn’t Michelin star stuff but it’s decent and the prices won’t be beaten. Fish and chips and a pint under a tenna, can’t go wrong. 

Thanks All!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Manifesto said:

Not expecting much but I think one of Gilkes, Edwards may sneak 5,6 points in 

Gilkes has a chance, but Oxford's top 6 will make it difficult. Think Sheffield need to rely on their top 5 for a result.

Edited by szkocjasid

21 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

After only just beating Birmingham, Sheffield have to be the favourites here. But expect Oxford to have the advantage at reserve.

Personally I would have moved Harris to 5.

Very hard to call this match could go either way as hard to read a lot into last weeks match as track was wet,think moving Harris to 5 is obvious tbh and think they should also move Tungate to no2 as he’s so inconsistent and wright to no4 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 1stbender said:

Not there watching this but anyone have any updates on the teams how they look etc

Sheffield look rusty. Woffy flying apart from that unlucky ef 

Edited by Manifesto
  • Like 1

Oxford will be a very dangerous side when Janowski gets dialled in.

Wright and Bomber have hit the ground running.

Strange one to leave Boughen in heat 12. Would’ve thought Kerr would’ve been brought in with the match being so tight.

• Like 1

Very close meeting as many predicted. Woffy EF and C Holders fall cost us in the end but as a tigers fan I’ll take that, sets us up for the bonus point at owlerton. 
Janowski will come good for Oxford i don’t think it’s his type of track he will be very useful away. Great to see Wright back to his best always a rider who gives 100% especially after coming back from a bad injury. 
The terraces were full I hope Oxford fans keep showing up in those numbers a great addition to the prem. 

Think we’ve blown the cobwebs off now and can see us winning at Birmingham Monday (weather permitting)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Strange one to leave Boughen in heat 12. Would’ve thought Kerr would’ve been brought in with the match being so tight.

Afterwards Kerr said he was still feeling the effects from his fall and also Schroeck said he could have made a couple of programme changes but wanted to give all the riders laptime. 

3 hours ago, Manifesto said:

Sheffield look rusty. Woffy flying apart from that unlucky ef 

Woffy looked good. He also got on the mic at the end and said how good it is to have Oxford back and what a good job everyone has done (I think the centre green presenter was a bit reluctant to see what he'd say :D). 

• Like 1