British Speedway Forum

47 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Not sure why we need to bother about a superheat now there is an aggregate bonus point...

For Brum, that could feel like a defeat, which, considering the challenges they face, gives a negative spin to the night. Which they don't need...

After 15 heats the match ends in a draw. What's wrong with that? 

You may as well run just one heat and end the night, given the match starts nil-nil...

Use the superheat for a tie overall maybe over the two legs, but let a draw be a draw...

Neither team did enough to win in the meeting itself, team v team, so let that be the result...

The Superheat seriously favours teams with two big hitters and as it’s said when you have an aggregate bonus point up for grabs it isn’t necessary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

What was the size of the crowd.???

If the average last year was about 500 it was at least double that. 

I am sure he needed 1000 last year to break even and I'd say it was more than that. 

Based on what was outside and what was I was told a much bigger than average inside, I'd say around 1300 to 1500 last night. 

I would think his break even is not massively higher as he gets substantial tv money you don't get in the CL. 

So he may even have made a few quid. 

I have rarely seen great racing in March so am sure the racing will get better. 

On the video of heat 15 which I saw on social media earlier didn't seem to have clouds of dust appearing from the back wheels which was the problem when I last visited a few years ago.

I hate the super heat. There I said it. Completely deflates the side that hard earned a draw. 

• Like 4

There is only seven teams in the league, no need for added points here and there, you need to try and keep the overall points down so they are as close as possible to the eye.

But you know how it works, we must have these silly  gimmicks to keep the interest going in the short term, even if it damages it in the long.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I like the superheat. 

Personally I don't simply because it favours the teams that build with stronger heat leaders,rather than strength in depth.It must influence team  building to a certain extent, for what is little more than a gimic.

2 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

Personally I don't simply because it favours the teams that build with stronger heat leaders,rather than strength in depth.It must influence team  building to a certain extent, for what is little more than a gimic.

Then build top heavy? If not, you have 15 heats to avoid a “superheat”, if you can’t, tough. Birmingham were 10 points up, twice and still didn’t win. That’s their fault. Every club and every supporter knows the rules, if you finish level after 15 heats then it’s a superheat. I’m in the minority it seems reading the comments on here, I’ve no problem with that. I have my own opinion and won’t be swayed by others. 

For me it adds drama, you gain an extra heat with the 4 best riders on show for your money. OK it sucks if you’re on the wrong end of it, but if you’re on the winning end there’s no better feeling. A couple of seasons ago we had it twice at Ipswich and they were the lasting memory of the entire season for me personally. At the end of the superheats, strangers were hugging each other all over the place, you’d think we’d just won the title there and then! The place was buzzing. I’m all for anything that creates an extra bit of excitement. Birmingham didn’t lose their point for “drawing” did they? They still took their point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Then build top heavy? If not, you have 15 heats to avoid a “superheat”, if you can’t, tough. Birmingham were 10 points up, twice and still didn’t win. That’s their fault. Every club and every supporter knows the rules, if you finish level after 15 heats then it’s a superheat. I’m in the minority it seems reading the comments on here, I’ve no problem with that. I have my own opinion and won’t be swayed by others. 

For me it adds drama, you gain an extra heat with the 4 best riders on show for your money. OK it sucks if you’re on the wrong end of it, but if you’re on the winning end there’s no better feeling. A couple of seasons ago we had it twice at Ipswich and they were the lasting memory of the entire season for me personally. At the end of the superheats, strangers were hugging each other all over the place, you’d think we’d just won the title there and then! The place was buzzing. I’m all for anything that creates an extra bit of excitement. Birmingham didn’t lose their point for “drawing” did they? They still took their point.

As you said, you have your opinion, as do I, it doesn't mean I'm right . Youve seen positives in it first hand, which is good. 

Just now, castrolargh said:

As you said, you have your opinion, as do I, it doesn't mean I'm right . Youve seen positives in it first hand, which is good. 

Absolutely, each to their own. I’ll bet my last Rolo though that those against it didn’t walk out after heat 15 and refused to watch it..

• Like 1

I like the superheat, we had some crackers at Peterborough in our time.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

I like the superheat, we had some crackers at Peterborough in our time.

i think it should be best of 3.:rofl:

Edited by DazS

14 minutes ago, DazS said:

They have just had the best of 15....:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DazS said:

I think maybe a system like the tie break in golf rather than the current points for a superheat. First heat advantage after heat 15 wins the extra point.