British Speedway Forum
Cue Ball

Aces v Sheffield 01/04/24

Is there no topic started for this one because the weather forecast is pants or due to lack of interest??

For those travelling from Sheffield, Snake Pass has been closed this afternoon for an accident, presume it will be open tomorrow but worth checking in the morning 

Was coming down from worky for this but all forecasts look crap, so unfortunately gonna stop at home and save me pennies for comets away trips 

Another dreadful week of rain including today.. can’t see any speedway happening. A great match up this year BV and Sheffield. Think both at NSS and Owlerton scores will be close as they usually are 

Snake still closed - was thinking of trying to get to this but it’s as someone else said a dreadful day for rain - raining right now in Sheff 

I'm another one who was planning to make the trip to NSS but the weather forecast has been appalling for days and hasn't changed this morning.  Surprised it hasn't been called off already, if it does go ahead I hope it isn't farcical due to conditions.

1 minute ago, Col said:

I'm another one who was planning to make the trip to NSS but the weather forecast has been appalling for days and hasn't changed this morning.  Surprised it hasn't been called off already, if it does go ahead I hope it isn't farcical due to conditions.

As ever, depends which forecast you look at. Met Office one isn't too bad currently. 

I guess we just have to wait and see

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

As ever, depends which forecast you look at. Met Office one isn't too bad currently. 

Met office forecast, hour & chance of rain...
09:00 - 60%
10:00 - 60%
11:00 - 20%
12:00 - 50%
13:00 - 80%

3 minutes ago, Col said:

Met office forecast, hour & chance of rain...
09:00 - 60%
10:00 - 60%
11:00 - 20%
12:00 - 50%
13:00 - 80%

Yes, but only light rain until 1pm. 

With a dry day yesterday I'm sure the track can take s substantial amount of rain 

I can't see it being cancelled because of the forecast - a different matter if the rain on site is heavier than forecast

8 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

They have good drainage so as long as it stops early afternoon It should be ok.

Has the start time been moved from the advertised 12.00 start?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Siggytastic said:

Has the start time been moved from the advertised 12.00 start?

No.

We haven’t had heavy rain as of yet and I’m about 5 miles from track. 

The weather been perfect last few days here so track would have been prepped for this and as we know we can take alot of water. 

im edging towards it being on myself. But the result will be a lottery now 

Think it is the lottery result putting me off. Not bothered about spending £50+ to watch follow my leader in the rain just for the sake of it - much as I want to get my first meeting of the season under my belt!

3 minutes ago, Cue Ball said:

Think it is the lottery result putting me off. Not bothered about spending £50+ to watch follow my leader in the rain just for the sake of it - much as I want to get my first meeting of the season under my belt!

Day time meetings at the NSS are not normally the best anyway, was coming up for this from Leicester, but after attending the fiasco at the real HQ of Speedway, Scunny, on Good Friday I shall not bother with this.

• Haha 1

im 20 mins away its been raining constantly for last 2 half hours , but i remember British final last year, never thought that would go ahead . ive eaten all my Easter eggs so what else is there to do. :drink:

• Like 2