British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Berwick v Glasgow , BSN thingy , 6/4/24 @7pm

Steve Worralls early season form hasn’t exactly set the heather alight.

But 42 away to a good Berwick team and taking into account the circumstances is respectable for a season opener.

Should manage the aggregate bonus point at Ashfield.

• Like 2

What’s the script for a failed or non-negative drug test? Does Complin have to leave or would he have hung around the pits?

For what it’s worth, I don’t think it’s fair to pass judgement quite yet. It’s only fair to await the outcome of the lab assessment.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Steve Worralls early season form hasn’t exactly set the heather alight.

But 42 away to a good Berwick team and taking into account the circumstances is respectable for a season opener.

Should manage the aggregate bonus point at Ashfield.

Wasn't a signing I was excited by and the early signs haven't changed my opinion. A maximum at the dump might turn that round though 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

Wasn't a signing I was excited by and the early signs haven't changed my opinion. A maximum at the dump might turn that round though 

Not writing him off by any means as he is a top rider at this level.

Who knows what goes on behind the scenes could be mechanical, confidence but I’m sure he will be fine and scoring the points we know he is capable off.

28 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Flint’s wheelies in defeat used to anger a lot of the Bandits fans I’ve spoken to. 

Certainly angered a couple of Weegies sat in front of us :lol: I get the impression they thought he'd go through the card easily! I still thought he rode very well... Maybe we have lower expectations as Berwick fans then Glasgow do :wink:

Anyways... 3 wins from 3.... And hopefully another decent meeting with Edinburgh to come next week... Can't remember the last time the start of a season had me smiling :approve:

2 hours ago, northyorksbear said:

I heard of many failed drugs/alcohol tests - usually athletics - and they always say need to wait for the second sample to be tested. I have never yet heard of a second samplegiving any different result to the first.

I am sure Kyle Howarth’s was a few years back guesting for Edinburgh.

Was skeptical when Kerr was signed as the number one. What a performance tonight from him to beat Bomber 3/3 is very impressive. Furthermore things shaping up well for Berwick in a year which could yield some silverware.

Not good news ref Complin always thought he came across well in interviews etc.

Tremendous result. Proper no1 performance from Lewis . Not many would beat the bomber 3 times round there in a meeting. Still early days but look like a decent squad has been assembled. Here’s to another cracker next weekend against the monarchs 

2 hours ago, MD said:

Team needs restructured now, we wont find an equivalent rider on 3.50. What a f**king let down.

Jack Smith?

But let's not jump to conclusions before all the facts are known.

• Like 1

Given lee hasn't ridden for us yet this season, won't we then be in the position of a 70% guest if not resolved by next week?

jack smith has been around for to long never going to make it so well left alon

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Was skeptical when Kerr was signed as the number one. What a performance tonight from him to beat Bomber 3/3 is very impressive. Furthermore things shaping up well for Berwick in a year which could yield some silverware.

Not good news ref Complin always thought he came across well in interviews etc.

You certainly weren't the only one. I guess he was overshadowed by Masters & Nicholls at Oxford. This is his chance to show he can be a number one.

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

You certainly weren't the only one. I guess he was overshadowed by Masters & Nicholls at Oxford. This is his chance to show he can be a number one.

class act if he gates

• Like 2

I suspect if the SCB are carrying out dope testing this early, they will have more presence at other tracks early on too. Only time will tell!!