British Speedway Forum
Triple.H.

John "Tiger" Louis R.I.P.

My first memory was of seeing Tiger at Romford in 1970. A GREAT rider and he is Ipswich Speedway ! RIP Tiger Louis a modern day Speedway Legend.

A great rider, what he acheived as a late starter was incredible RIP.

Always find it amazing that the only person who brought any glory to Hackney was one who as a rider caused us much pain riding for our arch rivals Ipswich.

God bless John, a true legend and gentleman.

• Like 1

Shocked and saddened at the news, you'll always be remembered John, my thoughts are with Chris and all the family. You were a bit special on a bike.

RIP John Louis

A bit disrespectful, reports from several tracks that John's passing has not been commemorated

• Like 2

A fantastic rider and true gentleman.

Made speedway worth watching and a true entertaining rider. 

Will be sadly missed, RIP TIGER

RIP John..

Lovely bloke, when I was working for a rider back in the day he always made a point of coming over and saying hello to me despite me being just a spanner for an away rider although we did guest a bit for Ippo..

• Like 1

On 4/6/2024 at 6:22 PM, Goldhawk said:

My first memory was of seeing Tiger at Romford in 1970. A GREAT rider and he is Ipswich Speedway ! RIP Tiger Louis a modern day Speedway Legend.

I remember being at Romford for JL's first race at that track. The track boundary was a brick wall with hundreds of coats of paint 'to soften the blows'. On his first race there, JL was out of the gate and brushing the wall all the way round. I loved watching him practice, at Ipswich, before he got into the team. He would go flat out and go through the fence, then slightly slower and still through the fence, then a bit slower and got round safely. That's how he worked out the fastest line without coming off. Incredible to watch and, as others have said, a gentleman off the track.