British Speedway Forum

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He has a bit of Batchelor about him!

As for Ben Cook, as long as he is able to get on his bike and win races for Poole I don't care how short he is.

He's our pocket rocket 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Especially with the crowd it's attracted

Was that due to streaming or the weather? Probably a bit of both.

good efforts from both the Connors, even when at the back were still going for it  also Norick making good starts, and pace. Was disappointed in Fricke his efforts not so good,  i still think he will recover his form.

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

For the aggregate bonus point, should the return match only take the result after 14 heats ?

In this instance, it might not matter, but in others it may..

In a sport with such home team advantage, the extra heats (up to 5 if called off after Ht 10), could make a big difference....

That's a good point

1 hour ago, SpeedwaySlider72 said:

Could it be considered to be the fault of the team that couldn't stage 15 heats so why should the team that can stage 15 heats suffer?

That's an even better point

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, arnieg said:

That would make it possible to lose both matches  and still get the bonus point!

That's an even better point still!

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, secsy1 said:

1. No just a      th?id=OIP.bYhFBjf--dqpOJeIHu-O_wHaEo&w=120&h=120&c=8&rs=1&qlt=80&o=6&pid=3.1   end :rofl:

2. Yes when he stood up

When Ben had to think about changing his bike set up he had to stand on a chair to scratch his head apparently!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Two questions.

1. Is Rory Schlein always this pessimistic?

During the early races Rory was doing his best to remain positive about the racing “improving as track conditions improved”. 
Then the rain came. Consequently, Rory was quite right with his comments. The track, with racing on it being questionable from the off soon became barely rideable at all thus illustrating how questionable it was to start the meeting in the first place.

The best thing to come out of to the meeting was the riders remained fit. The worst thing? A bore fest & riders preferring to preserve their skins for the remainder of the season. A bad advert for speedway. So most probably a good thing not many folk there to watch it! 

Edited by 1 valve
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, iainb said:

Fricke started last season like this, he really should be doing better, especially around BV!

Always has started seasons like this.

29 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

During the early races Rory was doing his best to remain positive about the racing “improving as track conditions improved”. 
Then the rain came. Consequently, Rory was quite right with his comments. The track, with racing on it being questionable from the off soon became barely rideable at all thus illustrating how questionable it was to start the meeting in the first place.

The best thing to come out of to the meeting was the riders remained fit. The worst thing? A bore fest & riders preferring to preserve their skins for the remainder of the season. A bad advert for speedway. So most probably a good thing not many folk there to watch it! 

Belle Vue is one of the safest tracks in the world, there wasn't a single fall last night and nobody really looked like they were getting into much trouble, yes visibilty was an issue and the track was pretty much shot by heat 14. If we're going to wait for perfect conditions, especially in Manchester, we may as well shut up shop now.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Yeah, I thought Schlein’s pre-meeting track walk was great and he clearly has the personality for media work, but he went proper glass half empty when it started raining.

I felt like I was listening to a Union rep with a background in HSE.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, W9 Lion said:

I've not really followed his career before he joined Leicester, but he's a big boy now and should have eradicated this from his game. Poor matches for a rider of Max's calibre should be 9's, 10's & 11's... not the 4's, 6's & 7's he's been getting and these on tracks he should be more than familiar with by now. I know he'll come good, he's a quality rider, we can't afford to be getting 3/4 of a season out of him with our lack of top end power elsewhere in the team

1 minute ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I felt like I was listening to a Union rep with a background in HSE.

Red Rory! Everybody Out! :D

• Haha 2

On the subject of the quality of racing and rider safety, it’s a tough one. I’ve never sat on a speedway bike, so I’m hardly qualified to comment.

Having said that, I do feel the appetite for racing has decreased. I don’t think I’d be incorrect to suggest several riders chucked in the towel last night.

I remember the City of Glasgow International, the night after the 1995 British GP at Hackney. Glasgow managed to persuade several GP riders - Hans Nielsen, for example - to remain in the UK for one more night at Shawfield. I’m sure it was October, but I’m absolutely certain the weather was worse than it was last night. Yet, every rider gave their all. If my memory serves me right, Ronnie Correy won the meeting.

Rory Schlein would have been having kittens if he was on commentary that night.

19 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

His best interests have never been in Uk in recent seasons,just pocket money.