British Speedway Forum
SpeedwayFan91

Stars vs Aces - 11th April 2024

3 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

As I said elsewhere, not a night to be the home team!

The sides generally tipped to finish top three because of their heat leaders winning away from home on one night probably shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, think it's going to be a scrap for 4th between the others.

• Like 1

Drove over from Peterborough as I left it too late to try Leicester tonight. Thought it was a pretty poor meeting, if you didn’t make a gate you didn’t really have a chance, shame when there was a big crowd in. I’ve tried Lynn a few times now and it hasn’t got any better sadly. I want to support speedway in this country after my club has now finished but I won’t be parting with my money too regularly when that’s the product on offer. And before the accusations of it being another bitter Peterborough fan there was plenty of crap meetings at the Eoes.

• Like 1

Some excellent racing tonight Tarasenko looks a good prospect. Thought they would have had 2 minutes silence for John Louis but he didn't even get a mention :angry:

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Well with my eyes from the first bend it was, every rider was inconsistent from the gate and with the lines they were riding, and unfortunately we didn't really have anything to stand up to the BV top two. But Museilak will be better than that as will Wojdylo once properly dialled in.

BV looked far sharper and deserved their win. 

I agree on that.

The problem is NKI and MPT though.

NKI is declining year on year and he's giving off Hans Andersen's final year vibes already after two poor performances in the easiest 1-5 race jacket.

MPT hasn't had a good run of form at Premiership level since Peterborough's Dad's Army Title Triumph so it could be a case of one bad injury too many.

Crying shame to see one of my fav riders Nki struggle so much - as already posted probably should of packed it in this winter. Had a run of horrific injuries and is the wrong side of 40 now. 

Could still turn it around of course but on his two performances so far he will probably do well to average 6 this season

8 hours ago, TINYS said:

Some excellent racing tonight Tarasenko looks a good prospect. Thought they would have had 2 minutes silence for John Louis but he didn't even get a mention :angry:

John Louis was a good servant to the club in 83/84. Very sad his passing wasn’t acknowledged. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, JoeW436 said:

Drove over from Peterborough as I left it too late to try Leicester tonight. Thought it was a pretty poor meeting, if you didn’t make a gate you didn’t really have a chance, shame when there was a big crowd in. I’ve tried Lynn a few times now and it hasn’t got any better sadly. I want to support speedway in this country after my club has now finished but I won’t be parting with my money too regularly when that’s the product on offer. And before the accusations of it being another bitter Peterborough fan there was plenty of crap meetings at the Eoes.

8 hours ago, TINYS said:

So which one was it......"a pretty poor meeting" or "some excellent racing"? 

23 minutes ago, Mr Bee said:

Typical gate and go on the whole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bee said:

Bit of both really, largely processional but there were three last bend passes and an excellent pass by Kurtz in the latter stages of heat 11.

Track needs a little bit more dirt on it for Monday week. 

10 hours ago, TINYS said:

A friend at Lynn said nothing was said about John Louis at all which is a real shame because of his standing within the sport.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, castrolargh said:

Typical gate and go on the whole.

So what’s new, it’s been like that at Lynn for ages

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mr Bee said:

Poor meeting imo.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Bit of both really, largely processional but there were three last bend passes and an excellent pass by Kurtz in the latter stages of heat 11.

Track needs a little bit more dirt on it for Monday week. 

Agree,not the best but there was some excellent passes on 3 or 4 occasions.And a couple of hold your breath moments on bend 2,with riders on the same teams nearly taking their own team mate out.Tasarenko on Wojdylo and Kurtz on Bewley.

Definitely need more dirt down next week and being a bit grippier.Think we could have won this last night had that been the case.

39 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Agree,not the best but there was some excellent passes on 3 or 4 occasions.And a couple of hold your breath moments on bend 2,with riders on the same teams nearly taking their own team mate out.Tasarenko on Wojdylo and Kurtz on Bewley.

Definitely need more dirt down next week and being a bit grippier.Think we could have won this last night had that been the case.

How many years have people been saying the track needs more dirt to make it grippier ?