British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh BSN Cup 12/424 @7.30

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Does it matter, if the track was available & riders wanted to practice, are you really gonna say no because you think Edinburgh are weak?

I think you should ask Blobby that not me, more than likely the video was from the P&P.

No way I’m witnessing this helmet chat.:lol:

What age are we? Honestly, come on. Can’t we just assume that Chris Harris has handled enough helmets - the Bishop said to the maid - to know how to put one on while adhering to SCB standards?

If I’m an Edinburgh fan, my focus isn’t on finding an excuse; it’s wondering how my number one, ”Joshie”, has just been smoked by a guy who’s jumped out a van 60 seconds earlier.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

I think you should ask Blobby that not me, more than likely the video was from the P&P.

The post literally said, conditions are great at Ashfield with the riders getting in extra practice. For what it's worth I couldn't care less if a team has a practice on the track before the meeting, conditions can probably be quite different from the afternoon to evening so setups could be quite different.

2 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

No way I’m witnessing this helmet chat.:lol:

What age are we? Honestly, come on. Can’t we just assume that Chris Harris has handled enough helmets - the Bishop said to the maid - to know how to put one on while adhering to SCB standards?

If I’m an Edinburgh fan, my focus isn’t on finding an excuse; it’s wondering how my number one, ”Joshie”, has just been smoked by a guy who’s jumped out a van 60 seconds earlier.

Because he's an even worse gater than Bomber a lot of the time.

2 hours ago, Diablo said:

Good little bit of drama sprinkled on to the meeting with Harris pitching up late but sadly the weather wins again.

Was it a staged “James bond” scene  with Harris waiting along the road & the camera watching conveniently & positioned  with Harris jumping out the side door & onto the bike then riding to a win (not quite)

Or was it because there was a large crowd & the meeting got held up for 15mins  & Harris was held up also in the traffic  on the motorway? 

I loved it, but I’m not going to lie, I’m suspicious. I want to believe it, but the sceptic in me is screaming ”gullible”.

Harris’ delays were relayed to me, and others, several times by multiple different people associated with the club. I’m not sure if that was strategic.

The timing of his arrival was Hollywood-like. Nothing short of spectacular, if it played-out naturally.

Having said that, why would Edinburgh agree to play along with Glasgow’s orchestrated drama? They wouldn’t.

I’m 75% sure it was real, but 25% suspicious it was a set-up.

Either way, what a situation. Brilliant.

5 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Rules went out the window on that one. Helmet wasn’t checked or nothing. Which I believe we did complain about.

Re the helmet situation didn’t Harris ride at Oxford the previous night? I’m assuming his erm helmet would’ve been checked then? He didn’t fall during the meeting so surely it should be safe and sound the following evening. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I loved it, but I’m not going to lie, I’m suspicious. I want to believe it, but the sceptic in me is screaming ”gullible”.

Harris’ delays were relayed to me, and others, several times by multiple different people associated with the club. I’m not sure if that was strategic.

The timing of his arrival was Hollywood-like. Nothing short of spectacular, if it played-out naturally.

Having said that, why would Edinburgh agree to play along with Glasgow’s orchestrated drama? They wouldn’t.

I’m 75% sure it was real, but 25% suspicious it was a set-up.

Either way, what a situation. Brilliant.

Was 100% true he was stuck on the m6 and was in constant contact with management wasn’t dew till 8pm according to his sat nav but his driver managed to make up a good bit of time Ace piper was ready to take his ride after he was excluded with the 2 minute rule but made it on perfect time thanks to the Edinburgh management and referee for allowing the extra time and steve Worrall for having his spare bike ready and waiting 

• Like 4

multiple delays on m6 yesterday

ask any wagon drivers heading north the hassle they had

i now 1 that set off middle of night heading to cumbria from wales 7 detours or delays  

6 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Was 100% true he was stuck on the m6 and was in constant contact with management wasn’t dew till 8pm according to his sat nav but his driver managed to make up a good bit of time Ace piper was ready to take his ride after he was excluded with the 2 minute rule but made it on perfect time thanks to the Edinburgh management and referee for allowing the extra time and steve Worrall for having his spare bike ready and waiting 

Brilliant. What a guy.

What happened with Pijper and Coles?

I didn’t have a great view, but definitely expected Pijper’s exclusion light to come on, so was pleasantly surprised when it was Coles’.

I also heard the announcer mention handbags, but didn’t see anything.

8 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

multiple delays on m6 yesterday

ask any wagon drivers heading north the hassle they had

i now 1 that set off middle of night heading to cumbria from wales 7 detours or delays  

Overturned lorry at Shap M6 was closed coming North.Chaos!

10 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

I didn’t have a great view, but definitely expected Pijper’s exclusion light to come on, so was pleasantly surprised when it was Coles’.

He rode right into the side of Coles going for a gap that didn’t exist. 

don’t think Connor took to kindly to it especially coming back from a bad injury and this early into the season. Was just a little shove between him and a Glasgow member of staff. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Max squeezez Ace, who in turn squeezed Connor. It was a simple case of not enough room for three. Connor was slightly behind the other two and closest to the fence. He didn’t do much wrong but ran out of room, and by then, the ref couldn’t really put all four back in.

Connor wasn’t happy, but Ace was never going to turn the throttle off and let a guy pass him on the outside. 

• Like 3

We, Billy Budd racing were heading up for our meeting afterwards (NJL) we set off at midday instead of 1pm as usual, got to junction 38 by 2.30 after usual delays around Blackpool and on, then completely stopped for 4 hours 30, managed to get past tebay services and it was chaotic, cars and lorries breaking down etc, we made a manoeuvre which was not really allowed a mile from junction and got back southbound arriving back in Chester at 8.40, so anyone who suspected it was pantomime with bomber is cocking a blind one, I was told at 3pm he was ahead of us and trying to get through as we were relaying our position 

18 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Stuart Coleman got between Ace and Connor and held Connor back.

• Like 1