British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar v Workington, 12/ 4/2024 :- BSN Series.

Posted (edited)

Probable teams:-

Redcar “Bears”

1, Danny King; 2, Jason Edwards; 3, Connor Bailey; 4, Jonas Knudsen; 5, Charles Wright; 6, Jake Mulford; 7, Ben Trigger.

Workington “Comets”

1, Craig Cook; 2, Tate Zischke; 3, Antti Vuolas; 4, Troy Batchelor; 5, Claus Vissing; 6, Sam McGurk; 7, Celina Liebmann.

The BSN camera’s are due to be at the ECCO arena for this one. Should be an entertaining contest. Let just hope the weather gods are looking down favourably.

Edited by pvm
Font changes

Will be tough, good to see Charles has recovered from his bad crash.

Good race track, good few racers on show so given the right weather should be an entertaining meeting. Once again a new track for the Comets newbies to get to grips with soon as possible. Score wise it's hard to call  for me personally but the Bears obvious favourites. Always enjoy my trips to the ECCO Arena, it will be great to cheer on my home town team there for the first time since 2018.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Good race track, good few racers on show so given the right weather should be an entertaining meeting. Once again a new track for the Comets newbies to get to grips with soon as possible. Score wise it's hard to call  for me personally but the Bears obvious favourites. Always enjoy my trips to the ECCO Arena, it will be great to cheer on my home town team there for the first time since 2018.

Agree, Bears favourites , no idea on the score but think it could be close.

Looking forward to seeing the new Comets riders, might be a new track for a few of them but Celina has ridden here before and Zischke and Vuolas will soon get dialled in as most away riders always do.

For the Bears a first home team meeting, need Bailey and Mulford to improve from their performance at Scunthorpe, where they were both well off the pace.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yearbyred said:

Looking forward to seeing the new Comets riders, might be a new track for a few of them but Celina has ridden here before and Zischke and Vuolas will soon get dialled in as most away riders always do.

For the Bears a first home team meeting, need Bailey and Mulford to improve from their performance at Scunthorpe, where they were both well off the pace.

Bailey doing well for BV atm, so be interesting to see how that translates into his form in the championship from now on. 

20 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Add Danny King from their Scunthorpe performances.

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Add Danny King from their Scunthorpe performances.

They've had ONE match and that was AWAY on a less than perfect track for gods sake !

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

They've had ONE match and that was AWAY on a less than perfect track for gods sake !

Danny has more than 1 match if that’s the reason.He is your No1 he was poor at Scunny is all I’m saying.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Danny has more than 1 match if that’s the reason.He is your No1 he was poor at Scunny is all I’m saying.

Don’t think Scunthorpe is one of his better tracks, I can’t remember him having a good meeting there as a Redcar rider.

Edited by Yearbyred

At least the weather is looking good over on the east side, looking poor over here on the west again, looking forward to the trip over on the sold out supporters bus UTC :D:drink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neila said:

At least the weather is looking good over on the east side, looking poor over here on the west again, looking forward to the trip over on the sold out supporters bus UTC :D:drink:

Can’t wait for this one tomorrow! Big support for our lads and lass !  

• Like 1

I see the ref is mr hunter,so comets on 5-1 races will be stopped close finishes giving to home team !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

I see the ref is mr hunter,so comets on 5-1 races will be stopped close finishes giving to home team !

Don't they use transponders now? How can a referee get a close finish wrong?

31 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Don't they use transponders now? How can a referee get a close finish wrong?

Unless the finish line at berwick is after the start line then he got it wrong,as most people on backstraight that night can tell u !