British Speedway Forum
Col

Lions v Aces 18/04 PR1

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Still waiting for the people demanding the meeting be postponed due to the weather to pop up & admit they were wrong / congratulate the track staff / promotion for ensuring the meeting went ahead.

And those that didn't go because of the supposedly poor conditions missed a quite entertaining meeting. (Unless of course, they bought the stream instead).

Conditions at the racetrack were so bad that it meant that they had to water the track during the meeting! B)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gambo said:

And those that didn't go because of the supposedly poor conditions missed a quite entertaining meeting. (Unless of course, they bought the stream instead).

Conditions at the racetrack were so bad that it meant that they had to water the track during the meeting! B)

Choosing not to go because you are unsure of the conditions is every fans choice. But blaming the club for not calling it off early, is a bit different.

Tbh it was a lot worse for an earlier Belle Vue fixture. But the point is still relevant.

Edited by szkocjasid

2 hours ago, DazS said:

poor effort from belle vue, ride like that in our other away matches probably wont make play offs.

They will have to have an horrendous season not to finish top 4 IMO.

Need Bewley to be much better than that though, not good enough for a rider of his ability.

Posted (edited)

i forgot there's only 7 teams in league , of course they will make the playoffs.   :rofl:

Edited by DazS

1 hour ago, DazS said:

i forgot there's only 7 teams in league , of course they will make the playoffs.   :rofl:

And then bring Robert Lambert in...:D

(With Bomber guesting)...;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

They will have to have an horrendous season not to finish top 4 IMO.

Need Bewley to be much better than that though, not good enough for a rider of his ability.

Weren't people saying that all of last season as well?

5 hours ago, Gambo said:

The poor crowd was certainly due to peoples doubts that it would be on  and because it was available to view for £12.99 instead of £22. I expect there will now be many future meetings poorly attended due to the cheaper stay at home option. If a family watches it at home for £12.99 they will save say £37ish per family in admission fees. The very productive 50/'50 riders raffle  will also be affected. Not good.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

The poor crowd was certainly due to peoples doubts that it would be on  and because it was available to view for £12.99 instead of £22. I expect there will now be many future meetings poorly attended due to the cheaper stay at home option. If a family watches it at home for £12.99 they will save say £37ish per family in admission fees. The very productive 50/'50 riders raffle  will also be affected. Not good.

The crowd wasn't brilliant at Owlerton last night and that wasnt being streamed - but I accept what you are saying. For me however streaming is great to watch an away match or one i wouldn't not travel to - due to distance etc but no substitute for actually being there same with any live sport.

On a brighter note as someone who really felt for him last year at times its good to see Joe Thompson getting the wins / points this season.

Edited by GeneralMelchett
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

plus - it must be a bit demotivating to ride in an mostly empty stadium!

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

This is exactly why there must be more for people to do/attract them to the meeting in person.  At Foxhall the prospect of standing out in the rain for 2.5 hours on a freezing cold night would have definitely reduced the crowd when it was available to watch on TV 

4 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

This is exactly why there must be more for people to do/attract them to the meeting in person.  At Foxhall the prospect of standing out in the rain for 2.5 hours on a freezing cold night would have definitely reduced the crowd when it was available to watch on TV 

My parents who are both in their early 80's and have had season tickets for a long as i can remember have not bothered getting one this season, they have instead invested in a BSN season ticket and then pick n choose whether they attend a live meeting depending on the weather on the day, can't say i blame um at their age if it's gonna be a cold/wet evening.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Choosing not to go because you are unsure of the conditions is every fans choice. But blaming the club for not calling it off early, is a bit different.

Tbh it was a lot worse for an earlier Belle Vue fixture. But the point is still relevant.

That's the trouble when in the past you've called meetings off based on forecasts and it's be alright and then on other occasions they've decided to run when the forecast looks horrendous... punters will start making their own decisions on whether they think it'll actually go ahead or not in the absence of any set procedure for clubs to follow. 

For what it's worth I think Leicester (or any club for that matter) should be applauded for getting meeting's on. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2