British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Berwick BSN Cup 19/4/24@7-30

With Flint away doing god knows what , god knows where , we've strengthened up by bringing in 2023 Tiger Claus Vissing as a guest . We also welcome back the impressive Sam Hagon for the suspended Complin . Berwick have Justin Sedgmen for Lewis Kerr , which is pretty much like for like round Ashfield . 

So as long as there is no bloody rain and no motorway hold ups , the bonus point situation could well decide the group . So our task is to score at least 49 points .

6 minutes ago, Paulco said:

With Flint away doing god knows what , god knows where , we've strengthened up by bringing in 2023 Tiger Claus Vissing as a guest . We also welcome back the impressive Sam Hagon for the suspended Complin . Berwick have Justin Sedgmen for Lewis Kerr , which is pretty much like for like round Ashfield . 

So as long as there is no bloody rain and no motorway hold ups , the bonus point situation could well decide the group . So our task is to score at least 49 points .

Prefer your guest to ours.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

Prefer your guest to ours.

Agreed 

18 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Queue the guests from same group brigade meltdown 

• Haha 3

I prefer Claus over Leon full stop - definitely makes us stronger. Looking forward to this one.

• Like 2

Just now, Jaizer said:

Queue the guests from same group brigade meltdown 

I won't have a meltdown I promise :D but you must agree its bonkers? For a sport which presumably wants to be taken seriously anyway.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I won't have a meltdown I promise :D but you must agree its bonkers? For a sport which presumably wants to be taken seriously anyway.

No meltdown from me, but it is bonkers.The sport hasn’t been taken seriously for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

It is but there's 4 sides in action (I think), Brennan I'd assume 1st choice doesn't want to do more Fridays than he needs to with Poland, leaves you Barker, Claus and batch maybe? We've taken claus and I'd not touch batch personally. Sedgy obviously far cheaper being Scottish based too

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

No meltdown from me, but it is bonkers.The sport hasn’t been taken seriously for years.

Like I've seen you say before. Just show up to be entertained by the strongest possible sides and not look too far beyond it. I would rather see sedgy than r/r or a sub standard guest personally 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Like I've seen you say before. Just show up to be entertained by the strongest possible sides and not look too far beyond it. I would rather see sedgy than r/r or a sub standard guest personally 

That’s what it’s about for me.

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

It is but there's 4 sides in action (I think), Brennan I'd assume 1st choice doesn't want to do more Fridays than he needs to with Poland, leaves you Barker, Claus and batch maybe? We've taken claus and I'd not touch batch personally. Sedgy obviously far cheaper being Scottish based too

Brennan is in the U/23 Team with Flint in Czech.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Tom's average is too high to replace Leon. Rather have Claus anyway.

I was told Claus still flies into Aberdeen on a Friday for Workington's Saturday afternoon meetings and it's a Glasgow fan that picks him up

14 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

I was told Claus still flies into Aberdeen on a Friday for Workington's Saturday afternoon meetings and it's a Glasgow fan that picks him up

I was meaning for Berwick's guest sorry

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Yeah, and Claus was booked weeks ago.

Also, Tom is at the Under 23s this weekend with Leon, so he wasn't an option anyway.

39 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Aberdeen !!