British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Berwick BSN Cup 19/4/24@7-30

2 hours ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Borke is a rider. I can’t imagine he’ll be at reserve for long. Berwick have a great talent on their hands there.

Can see it taking a while, Berwick have good second strings, plus carrying last year's heats means it will take Borke longer to move out if the reserve berth.

I could be wrong but I think he'll struggle if he moves into the top 5.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

But, if he was gating successfully, that would suggest that there was little wrong with the power/torque being produced by that engine so a different engine might not be the solution. Perhaps ragdoll's theory about his exit technique, and speed, coming out of bends 2 and 4 reveals the real cause of a reduced speed down the straights? Again, if so, this is something with which he could be helped by a more-experienced teammate. 

The bike setup was great for getting out the gate all night but when it hit the dirt it was sapping the power out the engine hence the loss of straight line speed coming off the the bend  he made a changes but didn't work much better so was trying to keep it out the deeper stuff   his engine was good but just  not strong enough  ,scoring double his ave  in  his 1st home meeting and some people still moaning lol

Edited by mac101
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, mac101 said:

The bike setup was great for getting out the gate all night but when it hit the dirt it was sapping the power out the engine hence the loss of straight line speed coming off the the bend  he made a changes but didn't work much better so was trying to keep it out the deeper stuff   his engine was good but just  not strong enough  ,scoring double his ave  in  his 1st home meeting and some people still moaning lol

Don’t see how Tigers fans can complain about Starke last night,his two 5/1s with Claus probably won them the match.

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Don’t see how Tigers fans can complain about Starke last night,his two 5/1s with Claus probably won them the match.

Yeah not entirely sure what the issue is. He's ridden 6 heats at ashfield so far so obviously still finding the set up, same as JP. He was clever in front and never really looked like getting passed despite not pulling away. 

I'm not sure I like him at number 4, could leave us exposed in heat 14 but that's an argument for another day

14 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

At Berwick and Ashfield yes, wait till he gets the joys of armadale and Plymouth.

To be honest, as uncomfortable as Borke looked around Armadale, he’ll probably still have enough to get the better of Coles and James. Would expect him to ride to his average at least. 

Plymouth be interesting though given they’re stronger at reserve. 

Think Starke was just riding too defensively, maybe not confident his bike had the speed, leaving himself a bit open when the rider behind noticed. Think he rode very well, bit closer to his 2019 form than what we've seen the last few years from him.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

On the gearing front, it’s correct that gearing affects the speed vs acceleration, but it’s still all relative to the performance of the engine itself.

Starke did much better last night (and nothing broke!), but he’ll be found wanting against some other opposition unless he finds more speed. But it was an improvement, which is a good start.

Claus really showed us what we’re missing - unfortunately, his average will be too high next time Leon is unavailable.

Borke has a lot of potential, but I will say, he has a lot of average races, and whilst he looks great at Ashfield (and did well on his visit to Berwick last year), he needs to show improvement at other tracks. It’ll be interesting to see his progression this year, but if he does, he’ll be a great asset for the Bandits. I do think his performances haven’t quite justified the hype just yet though.

Next time looks like being June 14 in Sweden and we don't have a fixture then. 

Vissing out to prove a point against his former club scores 13 just missing out on a maximum 

One day later Vissing riding for his 2024 team on his home track which suits his style of racing scores 4 from 4.

As previously commented Vissing does produce some great performances but let's not forget the levels of inconsistency seen last season before Injury. 

Great guest for us but let's at least give every rider in the current Glasgow team a chance to show what they can do.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, TracksideView said:

As previously commented Vissing does produce some great performances but let's not forget the levels of inconsistency seen last season before Injury.

He signed on an average of 5, and matched or beat that average in 80% of meetings.

I don't know how many riders beat their average that regularly, but I'm going to guess it wasn't loads.

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

He signed on an average of 5, and matched or beat that average in 80% of meetings.

I don't know how many riders beat their average quid the second regularly, but I'm going to guess it wasn't loads.

Is that 80% of home meetings or 80% of both home and away combined ?

4 hours ago, Fromafar said:

They`re always moaning about something.:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TracksideView said:

77% of home meetings, 83% of away meetings, 80% of all meetings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TracksideView said:

15 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

77% of home meetings, 83% of away meetings, 80% of all meetings.

Think it was better than that in all competitions - 12 home, 12 away. 

In 83.33% of home meetings and 83.33% of away meetings Claus scored more than the 5 point average he was signed on.

2 bad meetings at home and 2 away 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

Think it was better than that in all competitions - 12 home, 12 away. 

In 83.33% of home meetings and 83.33% of away meetings Claus scored more than the 5 point average he was signed on.

2 bad meetings at home and 2 away 

Officially, yes, but included the abandoned home meeting against Berwick, where he scored 6 from 2 rides.

13 hours ago, screm said:

They`re always moaning about something.:D

Entitled fan base