British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow v Berwick BSN Cup 19/4/24@7-30

25 minutes ago, Cast1rn said:

Claus' rolling average was I believe one of the highest in the championship, as in what he was scoring Vs his GS average. In our little group we were all left scratching our heads why he was missed out. Personally I hope when he comes back with Workington he punishes us with a max.

It wasn't one of the highest - it was *the* highest.

3 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Nobody apart from the Glasgow management know why they didn't keep him, literally the exact same starting average as flint with flints discount.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it was to do with the difficulty of rearranging of meetings last season with all the overseas conflicts.

But Leon will have european/world u21/23 meetings all season, just like tomorrow

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 1:10 PM, Noelinho said:

You can use it for any match this season.

Thanks! 

2 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

I think he's three bike failures from 2 meetings and a press and practice.

Again another head scratcher? 

"Paul Starke is a brilliant rider when he has reliable equipment"

Evidently he's still looking for reliable equipment.

He started out in 2007 so he's had 17 years to find some reliable equipment

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Nobody apart from the Glasgow management know why they didn't keep him, literally the exact same starting average as flint with flints discount.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it was to do with the difficulty of rearranging of meetings last season with all the overseas conflicts.

That could be a good possibility, especially with no Basso this season. I wonder if Basso stayed they would have kept Vissing as two Danes to work around. But then again the averages may not have worked out that way anyway. 

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

That could be a good possibility, especially with no Basso this season. I wonder if Basso stayed they would have kept Vissing as two Danes to work around. But then again the averages may not have worked out that way anyway. 

We never have got a workable team in with both Basso and Bomber, and much though I do love Ben, Bomber came first, for me. Their combined average would have crippled the team building.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

But Leon will have european/world u21/23 meetings all season, just like tomorrow

But that's no hindrance as long as they can get a strong guest (Vissing). If Vissing was missing, then Vissing couldn't guest lol?

Edited by szkocjasid

6 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Think saw an interview with cami the logic was 6 Brits with 2.5% reductions meant the side was built nearer 40 than 38. But I'm with everyone else Claus would've got my vote in that position, and each riders early season form only drives home that opinion

Cami's logic may with for 5 of the Brits but not for all of them when you consider Flint averaged 6.42 last year but signed on 6.40, while Vissing averaged 7.07 & would've been available on 6.24.

Like pretty much everyone on here, don't understand their decision & would love Claus fly round Ashfield for Workington.

5 hours ago, Cast1rn said:

Claus' rolling average was I believe one of the highest in the championship, as in what he was scoring Vs his GS average. In our little group we were all left scratching our heads why he was missed out. Personally I hope when he comes back with Workington he punishes us with a max.

Nothing against Flint, but I'd love Vissing to outscore him, just so I can say I was right lol!

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Cami's logic may with for 5 of the Brits but not for all of them when you consider Flint averaged 6.42 last year but signed on 6.40, while Vissing averaged 7.07 & would've been available on 6.24.

Like pretty much everyone on here, don't understand their decision & would love Claus fly round Ashfield for Workington.

Strange thing a lot of people Leon was going to end up elsewhere this season.Maybe Claus was wanting too much money.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Strange thing a lot of people Leon was going to end up elsewhere this season.Maybe Claus was wanting too much money.

Without knowing the goings on behind the scenes, all we can discuss is the riders scoring / ability / reliability / potential etc. There may be a good reason he wasn't picked, but unless that's announced, all I can do is say Glasgow got it wrong (with a smile on my face)

Edited by szkocjasid

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I would think claus had a lot more bonus points being paired with Ben most of the season whereas Leon was the stronger rider in his pairing and wouldn't have been able to accrue as many. It's all puzzling to us tiggers fans too but I hope Leon comes good by seasons end

1 minute ago, Jaizer said:

I would think claus had a lot more bonus points being paired with Ben most of the season whereas Leon was the stronger rider in his pairing and wouldn't have been able to accrue as many. It's all puzzling to us tiggers fans too but I hope Leon comes good by seasons end

Leon needs a big season to get back on track progress has stalled. IMO.

I bet Rory's a bit worried about that cloud that was shown on the stream..