British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington v Redcar 20/04/24 3pm BSN

12 minutes ago, Woke23 said:

Very very impressed with a few riders today. Cookie, Vuolas, batch, and Tate were phenomenal.

I really had my doubts about cook after the rumours and his first couple of rides this season were iffy. He's turned it around and looks unbeatable. Looks like a guy enjoying himself.

As for our two youngsters, Vuolas and Tate are special. Ride with no fear. Vuolas seems the mature of them both whereas Tate just looks like he's going out and having a little bit of fun. 

Vissing had an off day and I hope that's all it was because we need him to be scoring. 

Celina and Sam were poor again. Sam managed to hit his average and Celina was well off the pace. 

Celina IS on the pace once her gating improves she will do ok ,she trys and thats the main thing for me.Great meeting today fantastic racing and a home win couldnt ask for more .

• Like 2

Was out all afternoon and following via updates. Seems like a decent meeting. Well done to the Comets.

Bears having not much luck to start the season, losing both top riders in consecutive days isn’t great when the team hasn’t been firing anyway. Hopefully both lads are not too badly hurt.

Good return from Jonas but Edwards had a poor  return after a good night last night and I expected Bailey to score better to be honest. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Celina IS on the pace once her gating improves she will do ok ,she trys and thats the main thing for me.Great meeting today fantastic racing and a home win couldnt ask for more .

I have to disagree here mate. Redcar last week she was great. Every other race she's seen below average. Today she had one good race and the rest were awful. 

I'd like to think she'll come good but I'm not too sure. 

Edited by Woke23

33 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

It might shut a few up that think him and troy will be workingtons weak links eh @phillipsr hahaha clueless

I'd probably wait until the end of the season before calling folk out.

However they both look in the right frame of mind and as a result Worky look a really good side at the moment. Reserves look a bit weak but the top five are pretty awesome.

Redcar meanwhile have had a really unfortunate start to the season. Hope their luck improves.

1 hour ago, Cast1rn said:

Can Celina ever drop below a 4 as an assessed average?

If Workington are in the hunt later in the season at the playoffs then surely then would be the time to make a change if she can't drop below 4.

She isn't a million miles off the pace, her gating improved in her 3rd and 4th heat. As a neutral I love seeing her race and pushing, so I don't think I'd pull the trigger.

I look forward to seeing her when she comes to ashfield in two weeks and is pushing our reserves.

That's a good point, there's no rush to make a change, as she can be replaced anytime by a fellow 4.00 rider. 

As long as Workington can stay in contention for a top 4 spot that is.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I'd probably wait until the end of the season before calling folk out.

However they both look in the right frame of mind and as a result Worky look a really good side at the moment. Reserves look a bit weak but the top five are pretty awesome.

Redcar meanwhile have had a really unfortunate start to the season. Hope their luck improves.

You should of said the same to phillipsr

Watched on BSN, just wish Blair would keep the microphone near his mouth when interviewing so you can hear what he is saying. Two meeting over the weekend enjoyed it.

47 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Celina IS on the pace once her gating improves she will do ok, she tries and that's the main thing for me. Great meeting today fantastic racing and a home win couldn't ask for more.

I'd have to disagree with that point, clubs don't sign Speedway riders just because they try. If Workington thinks she'll improve & hit her 4.00 average - then that's the reason not to drop her.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

4th meeting lets give her a chance :t:

I would say it depends on the rider, for example Klindt has previously averaged over 6.5 in the Prem, so to drop him may have been too soon as he could replicate that form. Similar thoughts about Lampart at Birmingham, has been a good rider abroad so there's potential there.

Liebman doesn't have that same pedigree, it's not like she had the scores Vuolas had in the U24 Extraliga for example. So if he had started slowly, I would be more likely to give him longer to find his feet.

I don't really see Workington making a change tbh, they showed that last year allowing Kelsey Dugard to go, but keeping Harry McGurk when he dropped almost 4 points off his average.

Promotion seems to be more loyal than others, which is a good thing, to an extent.

hope danny king is ok 

lucky to walk away with that 

not sure but which way sams bike took off id say throttle might have stuck 

dont want to see redcar have there top 2 riders on injured list

35 minutes ago, Supersteady84 said:

You should of said the same to phillipsr

But his prediction is based on 25 odd meetings between now and October.

• Like 1

Thank you to all the Redcar fans who made the journey over.  Speedway clubs have to try and support each other wherever possible. It was a really entertaining meeting despite the delayed start due to the late arrival of the medical cover. Really felt for Danny King who was unfortunately side swiped on the home straight after Sam McGurk appeared to pick up grip and come hurtling across the track, a really nasty looking incident that I was relieved to see him walk away from. Get well soon Danny. Most of the Redcar team showed plenty of spirit with Jonas Knudsen in particular catching the eye on his first visit to The GT Tyres Arena. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just seen the clip of the crash between King & McGurk.

1) how on earth can the referee award that race when Batchelor & Knudsen were virtually level

2) why would you give the benefit of the doubt to the offending team (that Batchelor would have held on to win)

3) if it was re-run, Redcar could've used IRR in the re-run & heat 13. So the innocent party (Redcar) were worse off for the rest of the match

The only benefit of the race being awarded is King being paid for second place.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

Redcar not having much luck on the injury front.Good meeting today,they put up a good show.Worky have decent top 5 just need one of the reserve to come good to be up there.

• Thanks 1