British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lisa-colette

Oxford Vs Plymouth BSN group 17/4/24

Plymouth are actually winning away and none of their fans have started this thread! 

Don’t rate Oxford at all. Outside of masters and Nicholls the other 3 in their top 5 offer you not a lot. 

• Like 4

Great to see Dan and Joe thriving after the rotten treatment they got last year. Fantastic climax, milking the VAR for all it was worth. But as a Cheetahs fan the Oxford line up looks a bit flabby.

• Like 3

Really don't think Oxford look that good this year but I'm still shocked at how close Plymouth got to winning this meeting. Thompson twins starting off the season great.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

Really don't think Oxford look that good this year but I'm still shocked at how close Plymouth got to winning this meeting. Thompson twins starting off the season great.

According to the BSPL site Dan got 21 paid 24 (from 10 rides). He must be cream crackered. It was especially good seeing as how he seems to have got a 5-1 all on his own in heat 12.

Edit: They've corrected the error now (maybe we're read, more than we think!)

Edited by False dawn
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Don’t rate Oxford at all. Outside of masters and Nicholls the other 3 in their top 5 offer you not a lot. 

I suspect there will be at least one change there before long.

56 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Was really impressed with Jenkins last year and thought he would crank it up a gear but seems to be struggling this year so far. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Colinspeedway said:

Was really impressed with Jenkins last year and thought he would crank it up a gear but seems to be struggling this year so far. 

That’s their problem if he doesn’t kick on to be a third heat leader they’re in bother. Atkins is a reserve and would class heeps as one these days also. Killen and Boughen will probably both get better with time. But effectively running with 2 heat leaders a second string and 4 reserves at present.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

Agree they do look weak outside their Top2.They will need one of the reserves to step up big time .

Edited by Fromafar

Robbed at the end but far better than expected am I being a bit harsh expecting more from our guest or maybe I should be grateful he turned out for us.

1 minute ago, Mike0310 said:

Robbed at the end but far better than expected am I being a bit harsh expecting more from our guest or maybe I should be grateful he turned out for us.

Guests are on a hiding to nothing.Hero or Zero,they can’t will.Great effort from Plymouth though.

35 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

am I being a bit harsh expecting more from our guest or maybe I should be grateful he turned out for us.

7 in Prem last month and never less than paid 8 in 5 previous Cowley appearances so I think we all expected more from him.

I wasn't surprised by Oxford's heavy away loss at Poole, but expected then to be fine at home.

Great effort by Plymouth, who won't be as bad as many think they are.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I wasn't surprised by Oxford's heavy away loss at Poole, but expected then to be fine at home.

Great effort by Plymouth, who won't be as bad as many think they are.

As a starter I was delighted with how the Thompsons went, Dan looks a different beast these days, hopefully they can keep this going, also Alfie looking much more at home on an away track. The match should have been 45-45, if only the ref could actually watch a replay correctly.

That being said I was shocked how many people thought Oxford would be up there in the playoffs based on their starting 7. The top rider in the league with a good heat leader, a second string and four reserves. Yet Plymouth were unanimously wooden spoon winners, baffling.

Great effort though from the Plymouth lads, just a shame Newman and Barker couldn't get themselves going or we'd probably have won with a bit in hand.

Edited by torpointfanatic22

8 hours ago, arnieg said:

7 in Prem last month and never less than paid 8 in 5 previous Cowley appearances so I think we all expected more from him.

None of those are riding at No1 though!