British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jbell1995

Plymouth v Scunny - KO Cup 2nd Leg

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Was working then, otherwise I definitely would have! 

If you have bsn can watch later

1 hour ago, Neila said:

If you have bsn can watch later

Yeah, I don't like watching meetings when I already know what the score is! Unless you think the racing was really good, so is worth watching anyway? 

Allen has hardly beaten an opponent these 2 away meetings, he needs to up his game away from the EWR.

• Like 1

Good win by the 6-man Glads.

Well done Plymouth, hopefully shut up a few of the haters.

For the record, I don't think Plymouth are strong & predicted them for the wooden spoon, but they are not as bad as some made out.

• Like 1

Good wins for Glads.The usual from MPT and Allen  as unpredictable as the weather.How was the track after improvements.?

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Allen has hardly beaten an opponent these 2 away meetings, he needs to up his game away from the EWR.

How did he get 5 +1? Scorpions won overall ,job done again, no need to risk injury when team is in front ,Allen good around there in 23,good team management after the trophy not the glory of one meeting I think

10 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

How did he get 5 +1? Scorpions won overall ,job done again, no need to risk injury when team is in front ,Allen good around there in 23,good team management after the trophy not the glory of one meeting I think

He beat Jacob Hook and Bowtell when he fell.Otherwise Jack Smith twice and Harrison once.

15 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He beat Jacob Hook and Bowtell when he fell.Otherwise Jack Smith twice and Harrison once.

Yep job done isn’t it? Why risk it and end up like palmtoft most years ,time off with injury ,who pays your wages when injured chasing a single point on a gating track when your team is in front, sounds like you have never put a helmet on , bag him at the end of the year when they are holding the cup AGAIN

think you'll find the real reason Jake wasn't at his best tonight or last night was he is suffering from tonsillitis and has no energy at all. I caught up with him after the meeting and he sounded and looked pretty rough. Think that explains why his point scoring power was down. He will be back though I'm sure.

Well done to Mark Phillips and everyone who has been involved in the project over the winter. You have done a great job with still a bit more to do in places. Massive project, horrendous weather but it's a from me.

Gladiators 24 will be a different proposition. The team make up is a typical one from Gazza and I'm sure he will get the best out of them. Seen Dan Thompson twice this year now and wow! Very impressive at Oxford in the Premiership and again superb this evening. Got to say as well how good is his Dad with the kids after the meeting! He was pushing my 10yr old son around the car park in one of Joe's bikes before he loaded up the van. Didn't need to do that but it was brilliant and I reckon Logan won't forget that in a hurry.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, drew2 said:

think you'll find the real reason Jake wasn't at his best tonight or last night was he is suffering from tonsillitis and has no energy at all. I caught up with him after the meeting and he sounded and looked pretty rough. Think that explains why his point scoring power was down. He will be back though I'm sure.

Well done to Mark Phillips and everyone who has been involved in the project over the winter. You have done a great job with still a bit more to do in places. Massive project, horrendous weather but it's a from me.

Gladiators 24 will be a different proposition. The team make up is a typical one from Gazza and I'm sure he will get the best out of them. Seen Dan Thompson twice this year now and wow! Very impressive at Oxford in the Premiership and again superb this evening. Got to say as well how good is his Dad with the kids after the meeting! He was pushing my 10yr old son around the car park in one of Joe's bikes before he loaded up the van. Didn't need to do that but it was brilliant and I reckon Logan won't forget that in a hurry.

Ok ,thought there would be a reasoning behind it like always,social media clowns with no facts

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Yeah, I don't like watching meetings when I already know what the score is! Unless you think the racing was really good, so is worth watching anyway? 

Always worth watching speedway at GT tyres northside arena,  lots of passing in today's meeting :D

• Like 1

Well the great escape couldn’t be pulled off but that was a really positive night for Plymouth Speedway. 

Good crowd, track in good shape and there was some very good racing particularly early in the evening and a good team performance from the Gladiators. Everyone contributed to the win. Jacob Hook putting in a lot of laps after heat 15 too to learn more about the track.

There’s a real togetherness about this group which is pretty exciting. Get the No. 1 position sorted and this team might just make a few people look silly this season 

• Like 4

Scorpions had never raced on the altered track before. They had a 31 point lead from the first leg. MPT even commented last week he would look after himself and not get too involved. Jake Allen was ill with tonsillitis and totally wiped out physically. Finally Scorpions raced at Redcar the night before, so had little chance to fettle their bikes and drive down to Plymouth ,some 385 miles away . However congrats to the Gladiators on your win and Ben's maximum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1