British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue v Ipswich 22nd April

9 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Of all the riders to miss meetings I’d be inclined to completely believe Doyle if he said his flight was delayed - regardless I still expect an SCB statement as regardless of how and why he is still missing an official meeting and is in breach of the rules - 

10 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Of all the riders to miss meetings I’d be inclined to completely believe Doyle if he said his flight was delayed - regardless I still expect an SCB statement as regardless of how and why he is still missing an official meeting and is in breach of the rules - 

There is an SCB statement , Doyle was on the plane but all passengers has to disembark due to a technical issue, I don't think there was much Jason could do about that unless he had his toolbox with him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

the simple fact of this Lidsey was at same meeting he is here doyle is not why would you fly to stanstead ??? SCB will certainly ask the the question if one rider makes it no excuse not to be there !!

It's not really that difficult. They used different flights. Doyle's was delayed. Lidsey's wasn't. Could easily have been the other way round.

It's not an "excuse". The flight is there to be seen on the Stanstead arrivals board. He probably gets this flight every week, and it gets him here in plenty of time for Monday meetings.

Unfortunate, but there you are. RyanAir for you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

There is an SCB statement , Doyle was on the plane but all passengers has to disembark due to a technical issue, I don't think there was much Jason could do about that unless he had his toolbox with him

You will think I am being a pedant here - there is a news item on the BSPA website stating he isn’t there and why - that’s not an official SCB statement to me! 

I have never said I disbelieve or doubt anything said - it’s just I still expect an official SCB statement in this! 

and 1 rider could take a road covered in nails and get 4 punctures another could set off earlier and miss the spill off nails 

we will have to wait and see 

its just like a ref can pull race back for first bend bunching but let the next 1 go for very similar incidents 

in a neutral  fan here id rather doyle was in race to make it a good battle  but im just asking 

tungate could have broke down on way to airport and missed his flight who knows

2 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

You will think I am being a pedant here - there is a news item on the BSPA website stating he isn’t there and why - that’s not an official SCB statement to me! 

I have never said I disbelieve or doubt anything said - it’s just I still expect an official SCB statement in this! 

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/miscellaneous/scb-statement-rohan-tungate-2/

12 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

the simple fact of this Lidsey was at same meeting he is here doyle is not why would you fly to stanstead ??? SCB will certainly ask the the question if one rider makes it no excuse not to be there !!

Because he lives in East Anglia so presumably he'll have flown out to Poland from there and left his vehicle at Stansted 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

I daresay they are trying to work out what to do/say as unlike Tungate he didn't miss his flight he was actually on the plane.   Personally I don't think Doyle/Ipswich should be penalised for something that was clearly not their fault.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Because he lives in East Anglia so presumably he'll have flown out to Poland from there and left his vehicle at Stansted 

Which is what JYe said. He probably left his car at stanstead  and was going to drive up. And I know for sure in past Jason always travels to belle Vue in his own car when

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Which is what JYe said. He probably left his car at stanstead  and was going to drive up. And I know for sure in past Jason always travels to belle Vue in his own car when

So, Mark Seabright doesn't collect him there from Marks Reading base, just wondering..

Im on Doyles side on this one, not one to miss a meeting anywhere without good reason..

• Like 1

Let's hope Doyley gets his compo...

Although, if he flew Ryanair, it may take a "while"....:D

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

well they are obviously going to back him up !!

Ipswich are a very professionally run club are you suggesting Chris Louis would lie?

12 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Careful that’s far too rational for this forum

You can’t ban a rider for sitting on his booked flight, and then through no fault of his own is told to get off it! That’s just ludicrous. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

Ipswich are a very professionally run club are you suggesting Chris Louis would lie?

He’s an absolute bellend. Ignore him. 

• Thanks 1

no one has every sugessted anyone telling lies 

just raised the question will scb see the cases as the same 

im certainly not judging any of the 2 riders just asking the question 

lets not get silly and start the usual forum slanging match 

just debate  where the line is drawn 

• Like 1