British Speedway Forum
Arch Stanton

Belle Vue v Ipswich 22nd April

56 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

well they are obviously going to back him up !!

2 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

no one has every sugessted anyone telling lies 

just raised the question will scb see the cases as the same 

im certainly not judging any of the 2 riders just asking the question 

lets not get silly and start the usual forum slanging match 

just debate  where the line is drawn 

Well AceBelle is clearly suggesting that from his post whichever way you try and spin it. 

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Let's hope Doyley gets his compo...

Although, if he flew Ryanair, it may take a "while"....:D

Lol that’s true but he should get £220 for a delay over 3 hours so make sure Jason that you claim it. When we got delayed over night in Salzberg in January we ended up getting £700 between the two of us and got to stay in the poshest hotel we have ever stayed in for the night. 
wasn’t much of a hardship lol

w

• Like 1

Doyley will be in Ipswich's septet on Thursday against Sheffield. No doubt about that. But i fear the final Score tonight.....

27 minutes ago, hammer1969 said:

I daresay they are trying to work out what to do/say as unlike Tungate he didn't miss his flight he was actually on the plane.   Personally I don't think Doyle/Ipswich should be penalised for something that was clearly not their fault.

It may not have been Tungate’s fault that he missed the plane completely though… may have been something beyond his control that forced him to miss it. Doyle should and probably will get a 7 day ban aswell 

1 hour ago, chun said:

not sure why this has stoked up so much controversy.  witches clearly weakened by doyle’s absence.  no reason doyle would choose to miss the meeting.  early intervention taken by the witches management to ensure they field a competitive side…

I think his poor score in Poland has led to one or two people putting two and two together and getting considerably more than four.

By all accounts it all seems completely beyond his control and just one of those things, I guess it might make him want to get an earlier flight in future so there is some wriggle room if necessary.

28 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Which is what JYe said. He probably left his car at stanstead  and was going to drive up. And I know for sure in past Jason always travels to belle Vue in his own car when

He can pick me up next time I'm 5 mins from the terminal!

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think his poor score in Poland has led to one or two people putting two and two together and getting considerably more than four.

By all accounts it all seems completely beyond his control and just one of those things, I guess it might make him want to get an earlier flight in future so there is some wriggle room if necessary.

i started the debate 

ive not seen his polish score

but i know he goes real well at bell vue 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Doyley will be in Ipswich's septet on Thursday against Sheffield. No doubt about that. But i fear the final Score tonight.....

If a 10 point defeat was offered now I’d bite your hand off. Bringing the bonus point back would be a good nights work and keep us ticking along nicely. 

Edited by Arch Stanton

It is surely the riders responsibility to get to a meeting from wherever he/she starts there journey from, 

Tungate  i believe said he was stuck in traffic holdups on route to the airport , was it then his fault for the hold ups but he ended up with a ban and fine so why not Doyle,

Assume an investigation is held by the SCB to find out what the rider actually did and to provide proof of there actions to resolve the travel issue in an attempt to still make the meeting 

If Tungate and Doyle were both therefore not in a position to make alternative arrangements given time scales etc then they should be treated in the same manner ,

But this is British Speedway and at times no 2 cases that seem the same have the same outcome sadly .

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

and 1 rider could take a road covered in nails and get 4 punctures another could set off earlier and miss the spill off nails 

we will have to wait and see 

its just like a ref can pull race back for first bend bunching but let the next 1 go for very similar incidents 

in a neutral  fan here id rather doyle was in race to make it a good battle  but im just asking 

tungate could have broke down on way to airport and missed his flight who knows

The trouble is in this new era of transparency we have no idea what went on with Tungate, the SCB don't seem answerable to the media, public or fans

Edited by iainb

The Ipswich teams a bit Pick & Mix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aries said:

You can’t ban a rider for sitting on his booked flight, and then through no fault of his own is told to get off it! That’s just ludicrous. 

Almost as ludicrous as penalising a team for 1 night because a rider has not passed a drugs test

1 hour ago, hammer1969 said:

I daresay they are trying to work out what to do/say as unlike Tungate he didn't miss his flight he was actually on the plane.   Personally I don't think Doyle/Ipswich should be penalised for something that was clearly not their fault.

I imagine they will want statements from the club / rider etc - but I suspect they will be consistent and apply a fine and 7 day ban but let’s see! 

Tungate could argue a motorway accident in Poland wasn't  his fault either as I think that’s why he missed his flight? . Either way a rule has been broken and a penalty will follow  if there is no punishment for Doyle if I were Oxford I’d be appealing and complaining about Tungates! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

You will think I am being a pedant here - there is a news item on the BSPA website stating he isn’t there and why - that’s not an official SCB statement to me! 

I have never said I disbelieve or doubt anything said - it’s just I still expect an official SCB statement in this! 

As yet no offence has been committed. I assume that once the meeting is finished and the ACU referee submits his report the SCB will put out a statement saying they are investigating, and another one about the outcome.

There seems an awful lot of sound and fury over very little at the moment. Doyle missed his plane. He will plead his case emphasising the mitigating circumstances and the SCB will adjudicate. Until then there's not much to be said. At least (unlike Oxford) the Witches have been able to find a 75% guest - ironically from Oxford!

• Like 2