British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Edinburgh Monarchs K.o.c quarter final 1st leg 24/4

Posted (edited)

max James falls when Hagon fell off trying to avoid him.That’s a shocking decision by the ref what does he want him to do run him over. 

Standard of refereeing this year has been nothing short of a disgrace.

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 3

Really not sure continuing the meeting without red trackside lights is a good look for the sport. Doesn't sit right with me that, not saying anyone is to blame but safety must be paramount and only using the tower exclusion lights is dangerous particularly for flag marshals away from the home straight

12 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

Really not sure continuing the meeting without red trackside lights is a good look for the sport. Doesn't sit right with me that, not saying anyone is to blame but safety must be paramount and only using the tower exclusion lights is dangerous particularly for flag marshals away from the home straight

Shouldn't be a problem, if there was any safety concerns I'm sure the referee would stop the meeting,it's speedway sometimes you have to improvise.

• Like 1

Bloomin shambles. 

Missing so much football because of it. 

2 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

Bloomin shambles. 

Missing so much football because of it. 

Amateur hour in Dorset tonight.

• Like 1

Starting tapes are so 1930s. 

FGS speedway get real. 

• Like 1

Well great effort from the boys. Coles and Thomson still a concern. 

if you offered me 9 points before the meeting I think we would’ve bitten your hand off. Really should be 8 due to complete incompetence from the ref. However still in it and very manageable.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Well great effort from the boys. Coles and Thomson still a concern. 

if you offered me 9 points before the meeting I think we would’ve bitten your hand off. Really should be 8 due to complete incompetence from the ref. However still in it and very manageable.

Kinda evened out with Paco being allowed back in H15 imo when went down on his own and Poole on a 5-1 at the time. 

Edinburgh were good tonight, never gave up and kept battling away. Keeps second leg alive which can only be a good thing. 

Edit - also Max James winning a race first time out at Poole is impressive, well done to him. 

Edited by lisa-colette

Well done Monarchs, didn't think they'd get anywhere near 40.

Definitely have a chance in the second leg.

Decent result for Edinburgh, I’m sure they would have took that before the meeting.

17 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Decent result for Edinburgh, I’m sure they would have took that before the meeting.

Agree Gazc. But ...... we seem only to have one heat leader.

Where's all the Poole gobs today. Should be fined for that shambles. Can't even get the basics right. No money being spent. The end is nigh.

Anyone into conspiracy theories might think the stadium people don't want speedway to continue?!;) stadium electrics. Hmmmm!?

As for the Ref's decision to continue with no red lights, all the red flag staff were fully briefed as to the temporary arrangements using the 'rider exclusion lights'.