British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SpeedwayFan91

Oxford vs King’s Lynn - Thurs April 25th

Oxford to win by upto 10 pts 

Massive win for Oxfam, about 60-30, very poor Lynn team. Will make the trip from Swinedown when the weather improves. How are the crowds this year compared to the previous two seasons? With running the two senior teams now. Better weather will bring the punters in.

5 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Massive win for Oxfam, about 60-30, very poor Lynn team. Will make the trip from Swinedown when the weather improves. How are the crowds this year compared to the previous two seasons? With running the two senior teams now. Better weather will bring the punters in.

they were running out of programmes versus Ipswich but the weather was clement that day (and the opposition was more of a draw)

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, therefused said:

Christ, that 3 and 4 do not look good 

Me too . It is worrying. We have to many riders that have started badly. Niels has scored 9 points in his first 2 meetings, riding at No.2 . 5 points coming from the 2 heats 8's. MPT has averaged 3.43 from his first 3 meetings, and Patryk has average 3.00, that includes 1 win and 6 lasts frim 12 races. Even Toby has started slowly, with 4 wins and 3 lasts out of 15 races to average 6.40.

I made it that we are 2.66 under the limit at the moment. That is with Klindt in for Vad. It will probably get worse after tonight's meeting. So at the end of the month, we need to make a change or 2 if we are serious of getting that 4th play off spot. I know it all  comes down to ££ and rider availability at the end of the day though.

Edited by Bald Bloke

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Me too . It is worrying. We have to many riders that have started badly. Niels has scored 9 points in his first 2 meetings, riding at No.2 . 5 points coming from the 2 heats 8's. MPT has averaged 3.43 from his first 3 meetings, and Patryk has average 3.00, that includes 1 win and 6 lasts frim 12 races. Even Toby has started slowly, with 4 wins and 3 lasts out of 15 races to average 6.40.

I made it that we are 2.66 under the limit at the moment. That is with Klindt in for Vad. It will probably get worse after tonight's meeting. So at the end of the month, we need to make a change or 2 if we are serious of getting that 4th play off spot. I know it all  comes down to ££ and rider availability at the end of the day though.

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in averages after just two or three meetings but you are right, if there are points available then we need to be ruthless and use them, will be tough on whoever gets the heave ho but we need to win meetings 

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I wouldn't get too wrapped up in averages after just two or three meetings but you are right, if there are points available then we need to be ruthless and use them, will be tough on whoever gets the heave ho but we need to win meetings 

Talking of Ruthless ay chance 'bert bert' as my Sheffield supporting mate calls him will make an appearance or will he wait for that playoff call?

3 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Talking of Ruthless ay chance 'bert bert' as my Sheffield supporting mate calls him will make an appearance or will he wait for that playoff call?

I can't imagine the UK being on his radar until the Polish league starts to wind down. Which is a pity as he would transform the side.

Just now, Bagpuss said:

I can't imagine the UK being on his radar until the Polish league starts to wind down. Which is a pity as he would transform the side.

yes - be easy money for his pension too!

21 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I know it's early days to quote averages Baggy. I'm just using them to put my point across as to how badly most( 5 if you include Klindt) of our riders have started the season. I'm sure most of them would sort themselves out given the time, but unfortunately we don't have much of it. On the plus side, Ben and Anders have started  well:)

1 hour ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Robert will be back in the UK at the end of July /First week of August just before the cut off for changes in fact he probably he has already got a deal lined up like another GP star has to come in for last few weeks

23 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Robert will be back in the UK at the end of July /First week of August just before the cut off for changes in fact he probably he has already got a deal lined up like another GP star has to come in for last few weeks

Oooh right - well eleven to choose from ten if you exclude Lambert! 

Posted (edited)

Kings Lynn & Birmingham in the bottom 2  but bit unsure at the moment who will be at the foot.

Edited by rearingtogo

59 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Providing averages fit at the time I assume.

21 hours ago, therefused said:

Christ, that 3 and 4 do not look good 

4 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Me too.

Don't know why teams nearly always move r/r to number 2, especially if it moves your top rider to meet a RS.

Would've been better with r/r at 3 or 4 imo.

Not that I am biased but Ben Cook quite a clever guest as he has done a few meetings at Oxford last few years in Championship as we are normally grouped with them a bit. So am not surprised with his score. 

• Like 2