British Speedway Forum
justathought

LIONS v BIRMINGHAM 25/4/24

No surprises ...another useless performance from a woeful team!

22 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

That is said at most tracks not just here but everywhere to be fair. Nobody is happy unless they see passing in most heats, which just doesn’t happen. 

Obviously you have not seen any coverage from the GT tyres northside arena from last Saturday?? Lots of passing in most of the races and over 4 laps 

• Like 3

we lost but they were sharper from the gate than the last home meeting. Heats13 & 15 did the main damage again.

10 minutes ago, P T Preece said:

we lost but they were sharper from the gate than the last home meeting. Heats13 & 15 did the main damage again.

And will continue to do because you don't have a proper No1. The question is can Birmingham go the season without winning a meeting ?.

34 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

No surprises ...another useless performance from a woeful team!

If it's any consolation, I think you've got the best looking race suits in the league so at least you looked good while you were taking a sound beating :D

• Haha 1

Here’s me thinking that Joe might have turned the corner after his performance last week, but he looked way off the pace again tonight. Very worrying when you can’t get a point at home against the weakest team in the league. I thought that he may have be given a fourth ride in heat 14 instead of Kemp, but no. His confidence must be rock bottom.

Just now, Teromaafan said:

Here’s me thinking that Joe might have turned the corner after his performance last week, but he looked way off the pace again tonight. Very worrying when you can’t get a point at home against the weakest team in the league. I thought that he may have be given a fourth ride in heat 14 instead of Kemp, but no. His confidence must be rock bottom.

Weakest in the league but with possibly the strongest reserve partnership... although they didn't really show it tonight

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, iainb said:

Weakest in the league but with possibly the strongest reserve partnership... although they didn't really show it tonight

Maybe, but you surely have to beat the visitor’s RS? Flint did Joe three times tonight.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

Maybe, but you surely have to beat the visitor’s RS? Flint did Joe three times tonight.

Twice, and Becker also. 

There are very limited options with regards to JT, so it's going to be down to the management, club and his team mates to help him get going I think. 

Edited by iainb

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

That is said at most tracks not just here but everywhere to be fair. Nobody is happy unless they see passing in most heats, which just doesn’t happen. 

It does at Ashfield :D

37 points is a decent score for Birmingham I feel. Don't think much more could be expected.

2 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Sam just hasn't got a clue... why on earth put a TS out against Leicesters only unbeaten rider? I'm flabbergasted! 

To beat Kemp, job achieved.

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Millik still in... fn stupid decision!

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I don't know why you'd put Milik off of 15 on this track :o

That was a really bad decision, Cook was doing ok at the time, so put him in - more chance off the gate that Milik off 15m, or give Flint his 2nd ride?

Stewart Dickson did the same at Glasgow, giving Schlein a 15m heat & not giving Hodder his 3rd ride instead.

Very basic mistakes being made (though not as bad as Peter Schroeck)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Stewart Dickson did the same at Glasgow, giving Schlein a 15m heat & not giving Hodder his 3rd ride instead.

Dickson did the right thing tonight in replacing Douglas with Kemp when he touched the tapes and remarked on it in his after meeting interview. It was obvious that passing was going to be at a premium tonight, especially in the early heats, so even after Milik's impressive victory in heat 1 it was looking extremely unlikely he was going to come through from the back in heat 5 against Masters and Lawson, so to make that decision was very strange especially as Dickson had basically shown Birmingham what to do in the previous heat. 

With the Brummies struggling for points on the track the last thing they need is for the management to be making basic errors like this. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The thing with passing is people do also sometimes have to accept that the quickest riders are also the better gaters

• Like 6