British Speedway Forum
pvm

Redcar v Workington: (KO cup QF, 1st Leg); 26/4/24

Just now, Yearbyred said:

Posted before Heat 13 I assume which was an absolutely superb race. 

Oh and I enjoyed Jake Mulford passing Craig Cook in Heat 11.

Wow 2 passes in a whole meeting, absolutely mind blowing speedway. Berwick tactics from Redcar tonight 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Midget said:

Workington need a change at reserve an quick. Cant keep being so long in the tail  

Reality bites, Workington can't afford just one of their 1-5 having an off day when they're carrying the reserves, need at least three race wins from them all every meeting to have a chance 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Wow 2 passes in a whole meeting, absolutely mind blowing speedway. Berwick tactics from Redcar tonight 

There's a trend.... You got battered at Berwick and have been beaten at Redcar... And they're snooze fests? :lol: :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 3

The Mulford pass on Craig Cook was good and also Batch with Wright in 13 and 15, were great races. 

A shame that King and Tate picked up injuries. Hopefully they won't be out for too long. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

There's a trend.... You got battered at Berwick and have been beaten at Redcar... And they're snooze fests? :lol: :icon_smile_clown:

The racing early on was processional but there were some cracking races later on, the races between Wright and Bachelor were superb (thought Wright won Heat 13 from my position). To suggest that this was some underhand tactic from Redcar is quite frankly laughable and makes you look a bit daft. 

Bears still having no luck with injuries, although Kings absence was slightly levelled out by Zischke withdrawing too (hope both are ok) but the team rallied and Bailey and Knudsen gave Wright excellent support. Special mention to Mulford who was much improved. Better signs for the team.

For the Comets that’s the best I’ve seen Batchelor ride in a long time and Vissing had a couple of good rides but Cook faded after a good start and the rest were inconsistent.

Makes the second leg interesting at least.

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2

Anyone got any info on the junior game after comets vs redcar? Seen Harry was riding and would like to see he done. I know he won the first.

7 minutes ago, Woke23 said:

Anyone got any info on the junior game after comets vs redcar? Seen Harry was riding and would like to see he done. I know he won the first.

Had bike issues in next 2 rides was winning both but pulled up both times on the 3rd lap

1 minute ago, Neila said:

Had bike issues in next 2 rides was winning both but pulled up both times on the 3rd lap

Did he look good when he was riding? I know he lacked some serious confidence last year and never looked like passing anyone and didn't look comfortable on the bends.

On 4/25/2024 at 11:32 PM, szkocjasid said:

Workington's top 5 look really good, Redcar really need to heavily outscore them at reserve to have any chance over 2 legs.

Redcar's reserves done their job tonight.

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

Redcar's reserves done their job tonight.

Yea unfortunately our reserves are the week link, got to give them time, but the big question is how much time, but bigger question who maybe available to replace one of them? Imo Celina is on the pace if only she could gate better

3 minutes ago, Neila said:

Yea unfortunately our reserves are the week link, got to give them time, but the big question is how much time, but bigger question who maybe available to replace one of them? Imo Celina is on the pace if only she could gate better

You're not gonna get a better 2.00 rider than McGurk, so Liebmann is the obvious rider to be replaced if Workington want to strengthen up.

The obsession with dropping riders on a whim, the higher the League the more prevalent , its only a game .

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

The Mulford pass on Craig Cook was good and also Batch with Wright in 13 and 15, were great races. 

A shame that King and Tate picked up injuries. Hopefully they won't be out for too long. 

Tate went down in first heat off camera so don't know what happened 

But Danny went down on his own and no obvious reason to fall I suspect he wasn't fit to race after his bad crash at workington 

Looks to have done more damage by coming back too early 

43 minutes ago, scaramanga said:

Tate went down in first heat off camera so don't know what happened 

But Danny went down on his own and no obvious reason to fall I suspect he wasn't fit to race after his bad crash at workington 

Looks to have done more damage by coming back too early 

Think on the stream last night I heard it was a hand injury 

Posted (edited)

All joking aside, like has already been said, we can’t be carrying a 1-5 rider and 2 reserves. I know this season is just about establishing ourselves back in the championship but I just don’t think Sam is quite ready for this league. 

You look at the form of Jack smith and think an opportunity has been missed there. Once his temp stint at Scunthorpe is over he’ll be snapped up rapid, probably by Glasgow. 

Onwards and upwards, can’t win them all, but how much time is going to be given before a change.

Edited by CTD26