British Speedway Forum
allthegearbutnaeidea

Edinburgh V Berwick BSN Trophy 26th April

Must win for both sides if they want to keep their hopes alive of either winning the group or as best runner up.

Edinburgh have put in 2 good performances away from home so far this season and although we have some riders who normally go well around Armadale I’m expecting the Monarchs to take this by 10 and end our hopes of qualification.

Must win for us this one if we have any aspirations of progressing this season.... It's doable but won't be counting any chickens considering the Monarchs held Poole to 9 points at home. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Where’s Mr Blobby?

Where’s Mr Barrie?

How many points are Stewart Dickson’s Bandits going to win by tonight?

Just enough hopefully looking forward to watching on BSN

Will be watching this on BSN. Edinburgh for me but KT needs to up his game. Been here a while now and should be pushing on. 

3 hours ago, Tinker said:

Will be watching this on BSN. Edinburgh for me but KT needs to up his game. Been here a while now and should be pushing on. 

The problem with Kye is he had a good first couple of seasons with Edinburgh, but hasn't gotten any better. Had he been a 4.00 rider, then 5.00, then 6.50 people would probably talk about him more.

For example his season starting average was better than Zach Cook's, but Zach may finally overtake him this season.

More passing in the first 2 heats than I've seen in the last 2 years at Edinburgh!

How many points are Berwick going to continue to throw away? 

We've stepped on quite a few black cats it seems... Lewi out and now losing Jye and Drew.... 

Posted (edited)

That was shaping up to be quite a close contest but Berwick kept pressing the self destruct button with countless engine failures, falls and exclusions. 

I quite like the look of the Edinburgh team as dark horses, best racing I've seen from Armadale in the last few years 

Ride of the night from Schlein in 15!

Edited by iainb

Gotta feel for Berwick, more injuries. Hope they are not out for too long. 

5 withdrawals over the 3 meetings tonight :(

I thought Berwick despite engine failures and falls leading to two rider withdrawals recovered valiantly. They all gave it everything. Never threw it in. Rory was fantastic in Heat 15 . How he squeezed Pickering and Sedgmen was breath taking. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tinker said:

Kye is just inconsistent. He'll win a heat you least expect then miss the gate and be way off the pace in others. Personally, I'm glad he's back with us as I'm eternally hopeful he'll get that consistency. 

Fair bit of self destruct for Berwick tonight.Not a bad meeting though.Some good passing moves..Not overly convinced with Monarchs but they done the job tonight.Fair play to them.