British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Glasgow v Workington - league - 3 May @ 7.30pm

Posted (edited)

I think we're jumping on Worrall a bit too quickly. Before tonight, he had 24+3 in three completed meetings - exactly what we're looking for from him.

Starke is simply not good enough, and is in danger of being a reserve in June even if Lee isn't back on the bike.

Edited by Noelinho

Referee,s can win matches now,craig pulls back a little gets excluded,the other week harris can jump out  of a van no helmet or licence checks and no action taken !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not that you're panicking already! I was going to say with Steve you never know if he is going to get 6 or 13 on any given night. But 3!!!!!

If we were still in the Prem it would be agent Worrall by now and dropping average on purpose. But Championship section a bit more sensible! :t:

Problem I see with Worrall, is he seems scared to pass, even when he made the start he messed up the first bend. Possibly tonight has his best equipment in Germany

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not that you're panicking already! I was going to say with Steve you never know if he is going to get 6 or 13 on any given night. But 3!!!!!

If we were still in the Prem it would be agent Worrall by now and dropping average on purpose. But Championship section a bit more sensible! :t:

I think it's doubly as galling seeing Tom's form this season in comparison. Whose to say that would be same if he'd stayed but just seems a few poor decisions this year. Tate's obviously another, taking gambles on guys like starke instead id rather take a chance on a young unknown. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, MD said:

Heat 1 helped us enormously in the end but it shouldnt have been needed. Stevie needs to lose the single line mentality, a good bit of dirt for the racers tonight and he was lost, despite looking faster than those he was chasing in his middle two heats.

Decent meeting overall and excellent guest choice in Dan T who looks like he's moved up a level.

Dan's performances in the big league this season have really impressed me. He certainly doesn't look out of place there.

• Like 1

Just now, Jaizer said:

I think it's doubly as galling seeing Tom's form this season in comparison. Whose to say that would be same if he'd stayed but just seems a few poor decisions this year. Tate's obviously another, taking gambles on guys like starke instead id rather take a chance on a young unknown. 

Tate looked fabulous tonight - a natural racer.

Great to see James keeping him behind, and Leon did well in heat 15 too. Bomber and Pearson is a great combination and Leon is definitely showing some improvement - hopefully a good amount more to come from him yet.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

The Starke signing was strange ,guess it was down to team average being lowered once again.

We were spoiled last season with the racers and quality we had , I get the feeling this season is going to be a slog.

• Like 4

Just now, Gazc said:

The Starke signing was strange ,guess it was down to team average being lowered once again.

We were spoiled last season with the racers and quality we had , I get the feeling this season is going to be a slog.

Aye you're right Gaz. We've had 4/5 years of cookie, Ben, bomber, rasser and Claus that I'm struggling to take to a gater like worrall. 

A year to enjoy the racing maybe 

16 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I think we're jumping on Worrall a bit too quickly. Before tonight, he had 24+3 in three completed meetings - exactly what we're looking for from him.

He has also scored 3 points across 3 heat 13s and 1 heat 15 while not featuring in 2 heat 15s at Ashfield. Which translates nicely to utterly hopeless.

Worrall is one of the good guys in speedway and comes across as very professional. However, any Tigers fan with a modicum of knowledge knew exactly what we are getting with him. He is a gater and always will be and that does not bode well these days on our track.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I was at Workington last Sunday and Tate is some prospect. Tom B was great at Armadale tonight.

13 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Wasn't a fan at all when the team was announced. Worrall, Flint and Starke would have been some of the last riders I would have signed. Worrall before this meeting you could at least say was reliable just not as exciting as Basso, Flint has the potential to do something (though I think he is flattered a bit by riding with Starke) and Starke was I presume based on averages because he's been going downhill every season. Just seems like some strange choices for a team you'd expect to be competing for gold every year. I hope they can turn this around but changes may be on the horizon for us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CTD26 said:

Gutted to not come away with the points, but, might make a few people eat there words. Unlucky in heat 1 with cookie being thrown out and Tate’s bike packing in. Think we’ll be okay this season and not the wooden spooners like so many predicted. UTC!!

Hardly anyone said Workington would get the wooden spoon. 99% of people said that would be Plymouth.

But most people had them on the bottom 3, I'll give you that.

• Like 1

Harsh on Cook I feel,but very unlucky for Ziske in Ht1 he had Harris cooked coming of the last bend when his bike gave up,very impressive riding from him all through the meeting.Think I might have chanced Vissing in the last heat.But Harris would have probably done the business .Dan Thompson very impressive.Tigers look vulnerable but a wins a win.Bonus points might be difficult for them this season.

Posted (edited)

This match is the perfect example of how difficult it is for the weaker reserve racing at number 6.

Hodder wins heat 2, but doesn't meet another reserve. In his next two rides finishes last behind the Thompson / Vissing & Cook / Zischke pairings, then gets dropped from his 4th ride.

Compare that to Jack Smith, beats Leibmann (x4), McGurk and a great ride to beat Batchelor. But also loses to Liebmann, as well as Zischke, Thompson & Vissing (as expected).

Pretty similar standards shown by the two Glasgow reserves, yet Hodder scores 3 & Smith 8+1.

Edited by szkocjasid

52 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

I was at Workington last Sunday and Tate is some prospect. Tom B was great at Armadale tonight.

Agree regarding Tate very classy rider,with luck he will go far.