British Speedway Forum

Break in at worky

Obv terrible news what with all the good progress going on at Worky, Northside.  Reccomend having a chat with Scunny as they sadly suffered similar issues a few years ago but solved them, now (finger crossed hopefully) no more such problems at the EWR, hope Worky can get secure also.....

https://www.gofundme.com/f/workington-comets-after-the-break-in-at-northside?attribution_id=sl:73a15061-6088-4e51-ab93-bd63dcf842ba&utm_campaign=man_sharesheet_ft&utm_medium=customer&utm_source=copy_link

A gofundme page has been set up by the comets supporters club if anyone is interested in donating to help the comets. Try to replace the stuff that’s been stolen, any help will be greatly appreciated I imagine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, martinmauger said:

Obv terrible news what with all the good progress going on at Worky, Northside.  Reccomend having a chat with Scunny as they sadly suffered similar issues a few years ago but solved them, now (finger crossed hopefully) no more such problems at the EWR, hope Worky can get secure also.....

Yea they put the aussie riders in caravans at the track to act as security guards :D

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Yea they put the aussie riders in caravans at the track to act as security guards :D

I am sure it was the Danes, MPT & TJ who were the guards.

Sooooo sad to hear this news after the miracle of Northside. Having suffered family experience with “the caravan brigade” a few years ago, I commented on our recent visit that they were a worrying sight. They will steal the cream out your ice cream without leaving any trace

Donation made, I hope it is a huge success

• Like 1

So gutted for everyone involved at northside.brilliant set up.fingers crossed this is a isolated incident and the thieves don't get a taste for repeating it.cant lie and I don't like to judge but I did fear the worst when I saw the caravans arrive just outside the stadium.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

I dont think its in the interests of the public to know exactly what is stolen, to be fair. They have mentioned "power tools", strimmers, etc 

well thats one secret out now .    keep it quiet  . , homer .

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CTD26 said:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/workington-comets-after-the-break-in-at-northside?attribution_id=sl:73a15061-6088-4e51-ab93-bd63dcf842ba&utm_campaign=man_sharesheet_ft&utm_medium=customer&utm_source=copy_link

A gofundme page has been set up by the comets supporters club if anyone is interested in donating to help the comets. Try to replace the stuff that’s been stolen, any help will be greatly appreciated I imagine.

50 donations so far and £1450 raised 

impressive 

well done to all who have helped so far

Sorry to hear the news up at Workington. Lot of hard work put in up at Northside only to see sum mindless folk try & ruin things.

Hope all is restored & look forward to seeing the Comets back on track. Looking forward to my visit in July with the Pirates.

3 minutes ago, lbw said:

Sorry to hear the news up at Workington. Lot of hard work put in up at Northside only to see sum mindless folk try & ruin things.

Hope all is restored & look forward to seeing the Comets back on track. Looking forward to my visit in July with the Pirates.

Plenty of coffee shops to choose from for your flat white marra :D 

Edited by CTD26

5 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Plenty of coffee shops to choose from for your flat white marra :D 

Yep, been to Worky many a time and know exactly where the Costa is :t:

I shall frequent :D

48 minutes ago, lbw said:

Yep, been to Worky many a time and know exactly where the Costa is :t:

I shall frequent :D

If your staying in the new ish travelodge you will be pleased to know that a Costa (fortune) is part of the hotel block. But if in town centre their's a couple of independent places, and a muffin break chain similar to the other one. Also a spoons where you get unlimited refills :t:

3 minutes ago, Neila said:

If your staying in the new ish travelodge you will be pleased to know that a Costa (fortune) is part of the hotel block. But if in town centre their's a couple of independent places, and a muffin break chain similar to the other one. Also a spoons where you get unlimited refills :t:

Thanks for info. Staying at me usual haunt the Waverley, luvvly help urself cooked brekkie to look forward to as well :t:

Just now, lbw said:

Thanks for info. Staying at me usual haunt the Waverley, luvvly help urself cooked brekkie to look forward to as well :t:

Well then,  on your 20 minutes walk to the GT tyres northside arena, after 3 minutes from your hotel you will walk past the Costa (fortune) and take a coffee for your further 17 minutes walk :D then when at the track you can have a comets lager :drink:to ease your defeat :rofl:

58 minutes ago, Neila said:

Well then,  on your 20 minutes walk to the GT tyres northside arena, after 3 minutes from your hotel you will walk past the Costa (fortune) and take a coffee for your further 17 minutes walk :D then when at the track you can have a comets lager :drink:to ease your defeat :rofl:

Defeat ? Wots that all about? :o Oh u r awful but I like u! :D

Edited by lbw