British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Sheffield Monday 10th June

Comfortable home win I reckon.

I’d like to think we can see them off as we have Bomber guesting again and the Holder brothers are big girls blouses when it comes to Foxhall and Tai is badly out of form 

Edwards tends to go well at our place as does Josh so could be tight 

A crappy little track our riders tend to hate.. anything less than a 10 point loss and no injuries id see as a good result 

6 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

strange one with this being on a Monday not usual race night for Ipswich would have thought for eurosport? but no nothing  for it on TV? so why Monday then ?

Lack of available Thursdays. 

Cant see anything other than an Ipswich win after Sheffield's performance at KL last night.

Sheffield will be hoping that Tai just had a bad night at the office last night because they're in big trouble if the GP/Ekstraliga version of Tai shows up in Britain on a regular basis.

C. Holder is normally mentally beaten before the meeting even starts around Foxhall.

3 hours ago, Manifesto said:

A crappy little track our riders tend to hate.. anything less than a 10 point loss and no injuries id see as a good result 

Salty already and you haven't even lost yet.

4 hours ago, AceBelle said:

strange one with this being on a Monday not usual race night for Ipswich would have thought for eurosport? but no nothing  for it on TV? so why Monday then ?

Because the Sheffield stadium availability is a nightmare and Ipswich have given up their priority for thd good if the sport

• Like 1

After their antics and Tais beautiful words about the witches I’d love to see them go home with nothing at all. The difference between how we reacted when we won the cup at home vs how they reacted when they won the title at home basically shows the maturity of the teams. We won with grace. They won with arrogance. I hope Tai gets the reaction from the crowd he deserves. I think karma this season has caught up with him. 

5 hours ago, Shano101 said:

After their antics and Tais beautiful words about the witches I’d love to see them go home with nothing at all. The difference between how we reacted when we won the cup at home vs how they reacted when they won the title at home basically shows the maturity of the teams. We won with grace. They won with arrogance. I hope Tai gets the reaction from the crowd he deserves. I think karma this season has caught up with him. 

I think karmas caught up with him.. he’s only had a couple of poor ish meetings so far, he’s in top 3 averages in league I do believe? 

18 hours ago, AceBelle said:

It’s a rearranged fixture from a prior rain off

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shano101 said:

Pity you didn't lose with the same grace. I can only assume that most Ipswich fans had done what Tai requested by the time the medal presentations took place, as you are all quick to mention his comments on the mic but none of you seemed to spot Doyle giving double middle fingers to the Sheffield fans when he went up to collect his loser's medal.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

Pity you didn't lose with the same grace. I can only assume that most Ipswich fans had done what Tai requested by the time the medal presentations took place, as you are all quick to mention his comments on the mic but none of you seemed to spot Doyle giving double middle fingers to the Sheffield fans when he went up to collect his loser's medal.

That was his  reply to what woffinden said 1st :nono:

30 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

That was his  reply to what woffinden said 1st :nono:

About 20 minutes later ? That makes it ok then does it ?

It was nothing to do with what Tai said. It was in response to a bit of light hearted booing from Tigers fans.

Massive uproar on here because Tai swore and kids might have heard it, but it's fine to make offensive gestures that were far more likely to be seen by kids.

I know there is a general dislike of Tai on here, but the double standards are laughable at times.

• Like 3