Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

StevePark

Members
  • Posts

    5,351
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by StevePark

  1. Genuine question (as I don't know), would the money have been there to do all that? Unless there was a massive intake of cash, I just couldn't see that happening.
  2. Very few fields to the south, all housing and to the west is Bullocksteads Sports Ground.
  3. ARC also own Boldon (Sunderland Greyhound) Stadium!!
  4. He is still the MP for Newcastle upon Tyne East
  5. https://www.commerciallistings.cbre.co.uk/en-GB/listings/industrial/details/GB-Plus-483760/seaton-burn-ne13-6hb?view=isSale
  6. http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?/guidelines/
  7. I used to love interviewing Adrian (among others) for the GRT Media DVD's, as you didn't know what he was going to say next!!
  8. As I say above, no he didn't. Oxford would have been his 8th match, but it was abandoned and so doesn't count.
  9. Don't think Adam was ever ours (could be wrong). IF he was then, usually, the loan fee is paid up front. And, now Newcastle are no more, all of their assets become assets of the BSPL.
  10. Indeed. Just 1985 in that bracket. Thanks for spotting that.
  11. I think (I could be wrong), but he still is the Club Owner, so whoever (if anybody) wants to take over, they will have to buy him out. They would also have to apply for a Promoters licence and, similar to when Rob took over, if they have not been a promoter before (or, indeed not currently a Promoter), they would have to have someone with Promoting experience to 'oversee' the operation. If any of this is wrong, I am sure someone can correct me.
  12. As far as I can work out, closure years have been: 1931-1937, 1952-1960, 1971-1974, 1984-1985, 1988 and 1995-1996, so 26 years in total without speedway at Brough. This does not include the War years.
  13. My post (which I've requoted above) is off Facebook (apologies for not mentioning that bit. The team vs Poole was also taken off Facebook. As I have said before I was never "a mouthpiece" for this or any previous promotion. I put stuff up on hear that people may not be aware of, as it was only on Facebook at the time I posed it. Many on here are not on Facebook and would be unaware of it. As for "being in the know" I know/knew no more than anybody else. The info I put on here was in the public domain already.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy