Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Bitza

Members
  • Posts

    457
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bitza

  1. The KO home leg was a pretty horrid night for Pirate's fans as I remember it, no Lawson /Harris proving to be an uninspired guest, Bowes bowing out after two heats with his undiagnosed injury, newly promoted number 4 Rushen didn't have the best of nights finishing with a questionable exclusion in heat 14. Plus the Bandit's had Flint guesting who did well. All in all 47/43 seemed like a bit of a frustrating result at the time. The challenge facing the Bandits on Wednesday will be a Very different if the Pirates perform like last week, they rode well individually and there was also good team ridding too. I'm expecting a strong performance on Wednesday, 10+ home win.
  2. Pity you can't drag your great track nearer to where more people live, but at least you don't have a Premiership Football club next door.
  3. To be fair there were a fair number of overtakes but generally Poole on Worky, good ding-dong race with Rushen (on Cluff?), Lawson was definitely not on any blue line as he rounded Jeppsen in heat 15. But Workington were abysmal, riders kept making errors & falling, not clearing track etc, tactical substitution wasted. Over from the start. On the positive, did get meet up with Neila good to put a face to the name and the wind-ups.
  4. OK so if anyone would like to actually meet up in person tomorrow (and that even includes Neil) I'll be right at the apex of turns 1 & 2. Tall bloke, glasses, NOT wearing Pirates regalia, plenty of hair, also answers to Mike. Me I'd like to meet up and put a Face to the name.
  5. Well it should be great to get back to live racing at Wimborne Road, I'm really looking forward to it. I might even have a celebratory hot dog. Harrison is a fair guest to have so am confident he'll make his contribution. The Pirates are more than capable of winning this one, but could do without poor reffing decisions and mechanicals. Let's Just have a night of great racing. PS I'll give the hotdog a miss, I Just like the idea.
  6. Question, has everybody been unable to access this forum for the last four days or so? Or was it just me.
  7. Kennet for Oxford at Scunthorpe scored 5 from 4 rides, but two of those were retirements, so just have to hope his machines are now sorted.
  8. Sorry to interrupt but,...........nice to hear that Cairns had a good night for the Aces, 9+2 and voted on BSN as rider of the night.
  9. Still don't know if I'll be forced to miss speedway next week? Probably won't!
  10. Well just got to hope Norway pull their finger out then.
  11. Seriously who's going to watch a football match on TV, when you could go to speedway: to see, hear, smell, feel the shale on your face, and enjoy the banter. No contest in my mind!
  12. Might simply be sleep deprivation, with one of my lads I didn't get a decent night's sleep for the first six months. Kids are total life changers as all parents know.
  13. A little harsh on a technicality me thinks! But have to say I'm not really fussed either way.
  14. OK so a few teams are now about half way through the regular season, the league table only tells you so much. So here's a League table based on the teams average points per meeting. Poole. 2.16 Edinburgh. 1.77 Glasgow. 1.66 Scunthorpe. 1.54 Berwick. 1.12 Plymouth. 0.90 Redcar. 0.90 Workington. 0.50 Oxford. 0.66 Redcar are starting to show their class, What's happening with Plymouth? Poole clearly can be beaten.
  15. Well that went well! Good luck to Berwick in the final. From Poole's point of view the stars just weren't aligned, and the Bandits were better. No complaints from me.
  16. A hard to call, Wednesday things didn't go Poole's way, but they are a class team with enough experienced riders to deal with the pressure. So providing they get their fair share of luck, I predict a place in the final for the Pirates.
  17. Jordan Jenkins not the end of the world, in fact as suggested on another thread would make a potential swap for Bowes?!*-' Just hope Bomber is on an onit offit cycle cos then he'll be as great as he was on Wednesday.
  18. Assuming you mean Jenkins for Bowes? Yeah I'd go for that
  19. The Bomber scores 13+2 points for the Aces tonight, well why the duck didn't he pull his figure out last night?
  20. I just know there's going to be somebody out there who can explain Cooper's exclusion from heat 14. As usual I was on the apex of 1&2, so had a good view, what I saw was both riders coming through the turns Cooper leading but was looking a little squirrely, Smith then caught him up through turn 2 causing Cooper to fall. It looked clear cut to me Yellow light. Overall a frustrating watch last night, Bomber is inconsistent had a good night on Monday so guess he due a poor one.
  21. Harris going great for Kings Lynn, only lost one point to an opponent, 16 +1 from 6 rides, just need to do it again on Wednesday. Rushen, Zac and Cairns also all had a great night, Lawson seems to have had a tougher time of it. In fact now I've thought about it, a message to those who are forever claiming that the Premiership is some kind of elite league. Check out this evenings results and please explain your argument?!*:??
  22. Cairns comes out on top euro U19s, I'm a fan of Will and believe he'll prove ultimately to be better than Rushen, but granted in the short term Cooper appears to edge it. Control over flair I'm thinking.
  23. Not too rosy on track either it seems, ie blowing a 10 point lead at Redcar.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy