Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Bitza

Members
  • Posts

    457
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bitza

  1. The problem with Poole's 3/4 partnership is that Kerr always wants to lead and scoot off intó the distance, leaving Rushen to fend for himself. Whereas both Lawson & Cooke are happy to ride shotgun. Having won all 8 bonus points and being over 200 +points (for & against)Poole are clearly favourites. A steady away performance is required, and avoiding the Plymouth scenario. For me it was Edinburgh and Glasgow who have out performed expectations. I was expecting Berwick/Plymouth/Redcar/Scunthorpe to be in the mix.
  2. Deserved win for sure, but where were Plymouth? I was expecting them to be more competitive, they even had a team showing them what to do but it seemed an age before they noticed? If the Gladiatórs pull this back it really would go down in history.
  3. The best of luck to both teams, I hope the result is on pure racing without injury or idiot referring decisions. Good to have the Championship silverware spread about a bit.
  4. Well if he's cut from the same cloth as Slater, he would be very welcome. Lightcap has really impressed me, new team, new tracks, new/borrowed bikes, he rides like a crazy devil and makes overtakes stick. Would really like to see him get a set of Poole kevlars.
  5. First off great result, deserved too. Cairns is one of the best 17 yet olds for sure, Mulford tried to exert pressure, but Will pissed off into the distance. Wind people up and who knows what the outcome will be. What did people think of the first start of heat 1? Cos to me it looked like Wright thought sh.t chronic start best lay the bike down and avoid wiping out 2/3 of our advantage?
  6. Well that didn't go according to plan, for either team I guess loosing a 12 point lead ain't great, being 6 points down isn't either. Poole's mechanicals didn't help the cause, in a perfect world they wouldn't happen I guess. Jordy Loftus did help much either, I was expecting a couple points. A 6 point deficit isn't the end of the world, sure Redcar do have some good riders but it will come down to who steps up tomorrow.
  7. Well looks like Lawson, Zac and Cairns are saving themselves for the match that really matters tomorrow judging from tonights result.
  8. But Slater expected to be back for Wednesday.
  9. The only place I've come across any reference to Lightcap being concussed was on the Edinburgh Vs Poole thread, so not definitive.
  10. OK so who? can't just leave it at that. Eastbourne? More handy for me if it were Southampton.
  11. Thanks for the insight Beirao. Hope Lightcap didn't suffer with concussion, if it's a matter of bangs and bruises I confident we'll see him at Redcar, he's a fighter as we have all seen.
  12. Poole should go all out for the match win, this is about building momentum, there is stiffer opposition to come I'm thinking.
  13. Have to say I'm not bothered by a bit of dust, providing I can see the action I'm a happy bunny, shale in the face is all part of my idea of watching speedway.
  14. I happened across a drone shot view of the Eastbourne track, what was the racing like there? It was very egg shaped sure, but the most noticeable feature was how wide the turns were, exaggerated by having the inside of the entrances & exits shaved away, making the apex very tight.
  15. Quite possible that club's make more from their own streams than through BSN coverage. The club streams are generally pretty comparable to the BSN product, but presumably BSN has a bigger audience?
  16. Really great to see Lawson back to his usual self, bodes well for the remaining meetings. Slater is getting better by the heat, Zac is a handful for anyone, Lewis was sluggish to start yes but got it sorted, Kyle is more than was expected, Will had issues sure but can still win heats, Rushen is pulling his weight too. None of the opposition will be taking anything for granted The knee jerk track criticism that inevitably follows any Pirates home win is just background noise, and the querying of why Pirate's fan's enjoy watching their team win is......kinda puzzling?
  17. So now with Kyle Thomson at 1 and Dan Thompson at 5, is it going to make any difference? Certainly not a game changer, but I would like to see the Rocketman win Heat 1 kind of lays down a marker.
  18. A decent night for Richard, Zac, and Will. Will ought to be the Fords number one priority for 27. IMO
  19. I don't forsee a walkover but I do expect a comfortable Poole win, should be some competitive racing. I'm looking forward to Wednesday, both teams at full strength and no guests would be a rare treat. Even the weather forecast is good, let's go racing.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy