-
Posts
2,945 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
7
Everything posted by False dawn
-
Pairs and CLRC
False dawn replied to LisaColette's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
Apologies if this has already been debated..... Who thought it was a good idea to run the CLRC on the same night as the penultimate GP? I know we're all used to watching meetings on catch up. But I can't help feeling that the CLRC attendance will be impacted by this conflict of fixtures. -
European U19 Final, Krsko, 05.09.2026
False dawn replied to stewmac's topic in International World of Speedway
Wow! -
The stream was "entertaining" tonight. The two commentators were a little inaccurate (to say the least) and the graphics were electronic guesswork. For the purist it would have been frustrating to say the least. As a neutral my sides were hurting from laughing. The racing was pretty good. Just as well I had my own programme and with the help of live updates (on proboards) I managed to know who'd scored what and even the team scores. 🤣
-
Pairs and CLRC
False dawn replied to LisaColette's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
£16.99 -
An exciting rider. Good to see him back with the Bandits. P.S. Glad he won't be off to any NORA meetings next year. He'd never live it down (or understand).
-
I have to say that the track was a lot better last night than the last time I visited. Several outside overtakes. But I do have a serious question. As some of you will know, I'm a big fan of men or ladies, with rakes. I think we've lost a lot by not raking the corners AND the starts between every race. I don't know any club that rakes the starts anymore. Sad really when some (several) meetings are seriously influenced by strong or graveyard gates. But credit where credit is due. Nearly. Poole do have rakers on the bends. But I do have to ask. Why do they simple pull the berm from the foot of the air fence and pull it in two or three feet? Great for adding to the outside run but does nothing to improve the area of the track down low that develops the inevitable blue groove from about heat 8. Spray the raked shale across the full width of the corner galls and guys and then let the tractor grader spread it out evenly. You might just end up with two or more racing lines!
-
Sheffield v King's Lynn 17/08/26
False dawn replied to Bagpuss's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
It was a shocking decision by probably the most senior referee in the World. Worse than that, he was training a new referee that night as well. -
I reserve judgement on that one till we know how Nick Morris and Dan Thompson are.
-
The article in the Speedway Star outlined many reason why this "can't" happen. For example, there is no FIM rule that allows competitors to compete under a neutral flag. My immediate thought was, "Well change the rules". To be fair, it wouldn't all be simple. But if the will is there, it could happen.
-
I think this is a very tragic story. Erik is an entertaining rider who could play an important part in the fortunes of any club. Sadly, whatever his health issues are, he's not able to pursue his chosen career. We wish you well Erik.
-
British final 15th August
False dawn replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
So let's hope the announcement is correct. The regular bikers will tune in to see the The Motorbike Show and just might stay to watch the speedway. -
British final 15th August
False dawn replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
1 Anders Rowe 2 Cooper Rushen 3 Craig Cook 4 Robert Lambert 5 Adam Ellis 6 Drew Kemp 7 William Cairns 8 Dan Thompson 9 Jason Edwards 10 Danny King 11 Charles Wright 12 Dan Bewley 13 Jody Scott 14 Leon Flint 15 Chris Harris 16 Tom Brennan 17 Jake Mulford 18 Dan Gilkes -
Premiership 2027 - Are You Interested??
False dawn replied to Daniel Smith's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I remember reading an article in the Speedway Express a few (several) decades ago about Japanese speedway. Barry Briggs was involved in bringing this form of the sport to peoples attention. Funny shaped handlebars and tarmac surfaces come to mind. But the main difference was the high level of betting involved. To the extent that riders were locked away for, I think, 24 hours before meetings to avoid anyone nobbling the competitors. Can't see that working over here. -
British final 15th August
False dawn replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit 🤣 -
British final 15th August
False dawn replied to Neila's topic in Speedway Testimonials & Individual and Shared Events
Any update on who, if anyone, is streaming this meeting? -
Just Jack's to check then and we can re-establish Ricky's record.
-
All these disputes about race times and referees watching replays of close finishes is a mystery to me. I thought all bikes are supposed to have transponders now?
-
Leicester vs. Ipswich KO CUP Final 2nd Leg 30/07/26
False dawn replied to TTT's topic in SGB Premiership Speedway League
I think there would be many that say Kyle deserves a medal. -
So Anders knocks over 2 seconds off Jack's TR. And well over 5 seconds off Ricky's old record. Yeh, right.