mikebv Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago On 9/25/2026 at 8:47 PM, Aries said: I’ve put this link in the 2027 thread but it’s worth putting here too. A few tasty little nuggets on the Witches in here including plans for the track. I think Richard must come on here… Best of luck to him... Others have gone before with pretty much exactly the same observations and plans... Hopefully this fella gets the cut through needed... 7 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
cowboy cookie returns? Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago 12 minutes ago, mikebv said: I think Richard must come on here… Best of luck to him... Others have gone before with pretty much exactly the same observations and plans... Hopefully this fella gets the cut through needed... I think the difference with Richard is that his career has been built in motorsport. He understands what’s needed commercially & also has the contacts to make it happen. The big IF is it can only happen if the BSPL are going to listen. He is last chance saloon for the sport. He appears to have the ears of the FIM & the poles so I am optimistic. 3 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SPEEDY69 Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago 8 hours ago, Aries said: October averages Lawson 6.80 King 7.35 Musielak 8.08 Brennan 5.91 Nicholls 5.79 A few takeaways here for me. You simply HAVE to include Brennan in a 2027 team on 5.91. We know he’s better than that and you can’t persevere all year with him struggling, only to allow another team to benefit on an artificially low average. I wouldn’t have Lawson back and I don’t think many would after this years shenanigans, BUT, he’s another that’s seen his average drop by riding a position higher in our team than he should have been. He’ll actually make a decent signing for someone on that average. The two standout this year have easily been King and Musielak. But, King has ran out of steam towards the end of this year in both leagues and his form has dipped, and he’s now on an average where if we do have real aspirations and ambitions, it’s time to cut ties I’m afraid and go in a different direction. He’s easily my Witches rider of the year though. Tobi, I’m now a little uncomfortable on his average also. 6.63 up to 8.08. He’s seems to fluctuate between a 6+ average and an 8+ average and the time to pick him up, is after one of his poor years like we did this year. You’re not fitting in Tobi on that average, with two heatleaders above him so if he’s retained, he’ll be the number 1 or 5. I know the immediate reaction of some will be you can’t leave him out he’s been brilliant, and he has, but you have to build smart and make difficult decisions if you want to win things and be successful. If we now have the contacts and wherewithal to get the “big names” Coleman mentioned Saturday, then my opinion is we can do better than Musielak at 1 or 5 as harsh as that sounds. I get what you're saying here but if he can't turn it around over a whole season, why should it happen over the winter? I'm not too sure if he's reached his level, a six pointer capable of the odd great meeting and a stinker to follow. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aries Posted 2 hours ago Author Report Share Posted 2 hours ago (edited) 17 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said: I get what you're saying here but if he can't turn it around over a whole season, why should it happen over the winter? I'm not too sure if he's reached his level, a six pointer capable of the odd great meeting and a stinker to follow. Always an element of risk as you just never know. Who’s to say this isn’t the start of a permanent struggle? Having said that, even if you don’t believe he’ll hit the heights in the sport and become a GP regular as many have tipped him for, he’s been consistently upping his average for the last few years until this year where he’s had his first real blip. 5.91 is just far too tempting for me to leave him out and potentially let someone get a bargain on the back of his struggles this year with us. Get a couple of big hitters above him (like he had with Doyle and Emil) and take the pressure off him in the middle order. If he has another year next like this one, then perhaps let him go. When I look at the GSA’S of those on a similar average, and those above him like King on 7.35, then Brennan becomes a no brainer really. Someone asked the question on here a week ago “would you retain Brennan” and I instantly replied No. But I didn’t realise just how much his average had fallen. Edited 2 hours ago by Aries Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ouch Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago I hope the lads aren’t reading this. They’d be buoyed up by the 13 page Ipswich 2027 thread running from August onwards. Once a witch always a witch. 😡 Ipswich fans really are the best. Re the much debated sackings, I think Richard will follow another clubs method and ditch the hire & fire mentality of old. Feeding the declarations into AI or cherry picking a now headline making star again is such a cold way of assembling a side. Danny, Tobi & Tom are now all Ipswich legends and will be retained and Edwards will come in on a 3. Add in Jason (Ipswich legend, but don’t let him fall back again after a stellar season as an Ace) plus Kasper (7.50) and you’re hitting the rumoured 40 point mark. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Steve Irving Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago (edited) 1 hour ago, ouch said: I hope the lads aren’t reading this. They’d be buoyed up by the 13 page Ipswich 2027 thread running from August onwards. Once a witch always a witch. 😡 Ipswich fans really are the best. Re the much debated sackings, I think Richard will follow another clubs method and ditch the hire & fire mentality of old. Feeding the declarations into AI or cherry picking a now headline making star again is such a cold way of assembling a side. Danny, Tobi & Tom are now all Ipswich legends and will be retained and Edwards will come in on a 3. Add in Jason (Ipswich legend, but don’t let him fall back again after a stellar season as an Ace) plus Kasper (7.50) and you’re hitting the rumoured 40 point mark. Nobody’s being “sacked” ordinary man. All the riders are out of contract in four weeks time. Enjoy the meeting tonight. Hopefully you can get your against all the odds victory over the line although I expect it’ll be a close run thing. It’s nail biting stuff. Good luck. Edited 1 hour ago by Steve Irving Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aries Posted 1 hour ago Author Report Share Posted 1 hour ago 2 hours ago, mikebv said: I think Richard must come on here… Best of luck to him... Others have gone before with pretty much exactly the same observations and plans... Hopefully this fella gets the cut through needed... just listened to that again and the speedway futures bit tells you everything you need to know. “We’re from a professional sports background we’ve done a lot of capital raising in sport and there was no engagement with us on our thoughts and any scrutiny we gave in their direction was shut down very quickly” We’re being run by a gang of buffoons. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Aries Posted 38 minutes ago Author Report Share Posted 38 minutes ago 2 hours ago, ouch said: I hope the lads aren’t reading this. They’d be buoyed up by the 13 page Ipswich 2027 thread running from August onwards. Once a witch always a witch. 😡 Ipswich fans really are the best. Re the much debated sackings, I think Richard will follow another clubs method and ditch the hire & fire mentality of old. Feeding the declarations into AI or cherry picking a now headline making star again is such a cold way of assembling a side. Danny, Tobi & Tom are now all Ipswich legends and will be retained and Edwards will come in on a 3. Add in Jason (Ipswich legend, but don’t let him fall back again after a stellar season as an Ace) plus Kasper (7.50) and you’re hitting the rumoured 40 point mark. Yeah I was a bit late with that admittedly. Should have done it in April. 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LisaColette Posted 16 minutes ago Report Share Posted 16 minutes ago Will definitely keep an eye on this thread to see what RC comes up with. Could be very interesting! 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.