Wee Eck Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago 21 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said: I wonder if any of the Poole riders will announce they won't be back in 2027 after tonights meeting. I wonder if any of the Scunthorpe riders will announce they’re riding for Poole next season? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SteveLyric2 Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago 1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said: I wonder if any of the Poole riders will announce they won't be back in 2027 after tonights meeting. Maybe 3 possibly- or maybe not?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SteveLyric2 Posted 3 hours ago Report Share Posted 3 hours ago 37 minutes ago, Wee Eck said: I wonder if any of the Scunthorpe riders will announce they’re riding for Poole next season? Maybe one possibly, and maybe a guest?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wee Eck Posted 2 hours ago Report Share Posted 2 hours ago 26 minutes ago, SteveLyric2 said: Maybe 3 possibly- or maybe not?! Maybe Matt’s getting, erm, Picky? Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mr Bee Posted 1 hour ago Report Share Posted 1 hour ago Back on the 30th of January, I posted on here about making the Eddie Wright Raceway my regular track after moving to Lincolnshire. I said back then “Regardless of where we finish in the league, I’m massively looking forward to the new season. Let’s get behind the lads and hopefully spring a surprise or two” after being written off. Well, look where we are tonight. Whatever happens at Wimborne Road in the second leg, Scunthorpe have had an absolutely brilliant season. Taking an eight-point lead into the Grand Final decider against a side like Poole is massive credit to every single rider, promoter, and volunteer at the club. Do I think they will pull it off tonight? Hand on heart, probably not. We all know how tough Wimborne Road is and how well Poole are around their own patch. In fact, it’s one of the biggest frustrations in British speedway for me right now: every year it feels like a foregone conclusion. You can pretty much pencil in the league winners before a wheel turns, and the entire championship boils down to “who earns the right to get beaten over two legs by Poole.” If the Pirates overturn the deficit and lift the trophy again, nobody will be shocked. But that shouldn't take an ounce of shine off what Scunny have achieved. I’ll be following tonight with everything crossed and if they do it, it’ll be one of the best nights in the club's history. But even if Poole do what Poole usually do, the Scorpions will still be winners having proved pretty much everyone wrong. 2 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
LisaColette Posted 31 minutes ago Report Share Posted 31 minutes ago 24 minutes ago, Mr Bee said: Back on the 30th of January, I posted on here about making the Eddie Wright Raceway my regular track after moving to Lincolnshire. I said back then “Regardless of where we finish in the league, I’m massively looking forward to the new season. Let’s get behind the lads and hopefully spring a surprise or two” after being written off. Well, look where we are tonight. Whatever happens at Wimborne Road in the second leg, Scunthorpe have had an absolutely brilliant season. Taking an eight-point lead into the Grand Final decider against a side like Poole is massive credit to every single rider, promoter, and volunteer at the club. Do I think they will pull it off tonight? Hand on heart, probably not. We all know how tough Wimborne Road is and how well Poole are around their own patch. In fact, it’s one of the biggest frustrations in British speedway for me right now: every year it feels like a foregone conclusion. You can pretty much pencil in the league winners before a wheel turns, and the entire championship boils down to “who earns the right to get beaten over two legs by Poole.” If the Pirates overturn the deficit and lift the trophy again, nobody will be shocked. But that shouldn't take an ounce of shine off what Scunny have achieved. I’ll be following tonight with everything crossed and if they do it, it’ll be one of the best nights in the club's history. But even if Poole do what Poole usually do, the Scorpions will still be winners having proved pretty much everyone wrong. Not a foregone conclusion especially if the track is a bit wet. Scunny held on to a 4 point lead in 2023 in KOC final and track was damp. Track was wet when Redcar won in BSN trophy last season. I think a lot will depend on what the U21 riders in each team do. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
SteveLyric2 Posted 14 minutes ago Report Share Posted 14 minutes ago 16 minutes ago, LisaColette said: Not a foregone conclusion especially if the track is a bit wet. Scunny held on to a 4 point lead in 2023 in KOC final and track was damp. Track was wet when Redcar won in BSN trophy last season. I think a lot will depend on what the U21 riders in each team do. ...and also what the 2nd heat leaders do?! Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.