British Speedway Forum
DutchGrasstrack

2014 European Speedway Championships

That was a speedway meeting.Fantastic stull,I fail to see why people knock Kildemand 110% every race?Pity he did not make GP in Lonigo deserves aWild Card IMO

That was a speedway meeting.Fantastic stull,I fail to see why people knock Kildemand 110% every race?Pity he did not make GP in Lonigo deserves aWild Card IMO

Maybe if PK had only give 100% in Italy he would have stayed on the bike and got the points needed to be in a 12 meeting world gran prix series next year.

Sometimes you need to think things out and ride accordingly.

Back in 1964 I won the British Junior Cycle Speedway Championship at Raynes Park, South London. That year was my first summer season and I rode for Belle Vue Gladiators - the track was made up every Sunday on the car park across the road from the pits entrance.

Never been to Raynes Park track before (never went again), on form I should have finished 7th-9th, but after 4 races I had 12 points max with one race to go. I looked at the program for my last ride, 2 of the meeting favorites were in it, but worked out all I needed was 3rd place to win overall. The top two were on gate 1 and 2, I was on 3, and a rider with about 2 points on the outside of me.

Didnt take much thinking what I was going to do. It would have been so nice to have a 15 point max but that certainly was'nt a surety, if I did anything stupid both of those could have been winners instead of me. "All I did" was look after the rider on gate 4 for bend 1 and 2 and then just follow the others, no heroics. Thats what I did, but still finished on the back wheel of the first and second, with fourth man about quarter lap behind.

I did what I had to to take the trophy back to Manchester, no more.

If PK had used his nouse he could have been in the gp's all next year and not just for the Danish round or sweating for a full time wild card. Silly billy.

Edited by OveFundinFan

You have a valid point ,we will just have to watch Harris next year perfecting his set-ups.With luck Kildemands time will come though.

SEC scheduled for an hours time on Eurosport,so i am guessing and hoping it is last weekends meeting :t:

Got it iris123, I record the whole lot on the night, as well as watch it, then when I get the highlights I delete the full lot. I have something to look at then during the winter months.

Strange on a highlights programme to show ht3 which was a from the tapes follow the leader heat if this was such a good meeting.Hey-ho

Edited by iris123

Apologies for being late to the topic but I've only just finished watching one of the best meetings I've seen in a long time. Race after race the commentator couldn't keep up with the passing manoeuvres. God only knows what would have happened had Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum been commentating on some of the moves pulled up. Got a feeling Tatum would have internally combusted live on TV.

Just a thought for the GP series, and I know there are issues regarding the cost of holding a GP and so on, but maybe they should give a thought to alternative venues, i.e. established permanent tracks like Czestochowa (yes, the crowd was poor, especially given the standard of racing), perhaps Pardubice and the likes, rather than temporary tracks which don't often produce the same standard of racing.

I've actually enjoyed watching the SEC and Pairs events more than the GPs and World Cup this season. The Pairs especially is a great format I reckon, and also enjoyed seeing tracks such as Holsted, Gustrow and Czestochowa for the first time.

• Like 2

Apologies for being late to the topic but I've only just finished watching one of the best meetings I've seen in a long time. Race after race the commentator couldn't keep up with the passing manoeuvres. God only knows what would have happened had Nigel Pearson and Kelvin Tatum been commentating on some of the moves pulled up. Got a feeling Tatum would have internally combusted live on TV.

Laughed myself silly :)

I am a big fan of Kel and Nige but you are spot on there. Nige's head would have exploded during that one and Kel would probably have done exactly as you said.

Those guys get excited about speedway and that was one of the most exciting meeting I have seen (albeit being just a TV watcher) for a couple of years.

Looking ahead to the SEC in 2015-below is taken from SEC website.

The last tournament of European Championship behind us. Emil Sajfutdinow has become the new champion and he has ensured the qualification to next year series.

Starting from 2015 season, three riders (not five as it was before) will receive permanent “wild cards” from organizers. Seven riders will qualify directly from Challenge which will take place in June next year and the first five riders of this year’s SEC will automatically receive places in the series next year.

Because of that five riders are sure that they will start in SEC next year. They are:
Emil Sajfutdinow,
Peter Kildemand,
Nicki Pedersen,
Martin Vaculik,
Janusz Kołodziej.

Grigorij Laguta, who lost three of four tournaments because of the injury, will probably get the chance for a wild card. He won the last round and practically he has ensured start in next year series. Also everything depends on the fact who will start in Challenge in June next year. Maksim Bogdanovs, who started as a reserved in this year’s series and was very close to the qualification, has big chance, in case of bad luck in Challenge. Only a little bit worse score in Częstochowa made that Latvian missed four points to be in the first five.

Andreas Jonsson is also very eager to ride in SEC. It is also known that Adrian Miedziński, who won this year’s Challenge in Debrecen, wasn’t very successful in the series but will try again to ride in SEC.

The new system of qualification to SEC series (starting from 2015)

5 top riders of SEC 2014
7 riders from qualifying rounds
3 permanent “wild cards”

Could there be an SEC round in Britain next year?

I would like to see one, preferably at Kings Lynn but unless Tai gets a permanent wildcard and maybe another Brit qualifies, I'm not too sure how many people would come. Thousands should given the excellent racing seen in SEC 2014.

I would like to see one, preferably at Kings Lynn but unless Tai gets a permanent wildcard and maybe another

Brit qualifies, I'm not too sure how many people would come. Thousands should given the excellent racing seen in SEC 2014.

I don't remember exactly what the agreement between BSI/SGP/FIM - OneSp/SEC/FIm Eur,says but there was

something that SEC agreed to not give wild cards to permanent SGP-riders. This would means that if Tai wants

to ride in the SEC, he have to qualify via the SEC qualifiers.

I don't remember exactly what the agreement between BSI/SGP/FIM - OneSp/SEC/FIm Eur,says but there was

something that SEC agreed to not give wild cards to permanent SGP-riders. This would means that if Tai wants

to ride in the SEC, he have to qualify via the SEC qualifiers.

Would he want to?.