British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Glasgow (lc) Saturday, April 12th

Score line looks a bit one sided, however there was once again lots of decent racing. Achilles heel for the Tigers was lack of heat winners, only 2 all night, they need to get Wolbert going, if they can do that there`s enough in the rest of the team that could surprise someone one day. First chance I`ve had to see Thomsen & Berge and was impressed with both, though why Berge had the hump with Jensen at the end of Ht8 I wouldn't know.Bellego & Vissing were in a different world tonight, both riding to maximums and they were well supported by the rest of the team.

Jensen should him where the fence was coming out of a tight 1st bend.

Jensen should him where the fence was coming out of a tight 1st bend.

That's how I saw it too.

Hard but fair.

Berge was impressive for a young lad, and Jensen looked a lot better.

One thing is for sure, he isn't afraid to ride every bit of the track.

Both Liam and Steen unlucky with equipment tonight I thought.

Claus and David we sensational.

Now, I keep banging on about Berwick being one of the best tracks in speedway.

Surely a third consecutive FIM meeting in a row is confirmation of this.

Great news!

i've networked with many in the know Speedway people and the one thing i can say we AGREED on is that Shielfield Park is on a similar footing to the Edgar Jancarz stadium. I happened to see the World Cup meeting there not live of course just on the TV when Tomasz Gollob after a shocking first ride produced Gollob-esque brilliance from 10 years previous to win Poland the WC, it really was a site to behold the atmosphere, fans, racing and apparently Vodka sales went through the roof I went for the mineral water myself but it tasted just as good

You ask the relevance of this to Berwick? I shall quality the above statement by saying

These big meetings require top venues and from what I see at Berwick like Scott says above we probably have one of the best racing strips and stadia in Europe.. From a personal perspective I don't give a hoot what the score is today, because even in defeat there is victory, the finest riders like Davey Kennet, king and that Bomber Harris will be back at Berwick vying for a place in the 2015 Grand Prix. I can get drunk for that night forget how bad the current team is and dare to dream a dream just for one night

-----------------------------------

Fair play to Razor/Heppie they obviously chose there words very well and the performance was a marked improvement a lot of doom and gloom pre meeting hopefully people are in better spirits. Bellego should push Vissing for that no1 jacket, when he is on it he's unstoppable.

I think your view of the speedway is a bit more accurate than Screm's 'decent racing' although heat 14 was a cracker.

I'd also agree with your comments about the riders.

But I`m a glass half full rather than a glass half empty kind of a guy.

• Like 1

was bitterly cold last night but still enjoyed the meeting even though my team were pants :( Berwick were impressive especially from the gate, Vissing and Bellego were awesome ( why oh why did we let David go !!) Only positive for us was Dimitri and Anders who we have high hopes for... Why do Glasgow always pick riders that can't get out the gate for toffee? All our heatleaders are struggling to win a heat and our no. 1 hasn't won a heat in 3 matches that he has ridden in... not good enough !! He is better than that.. positive from last night however at least Kevin looked as though he was trying albeit from the back. Today I think it will be very close and the bandits may sneak a win, if they do then I don't see when the Tigs are going to get their first win as we have Edinburgh home and away next weekend :( Nobody is going to beat THEM this season :(

• Like 1

was bitterly cold last night but still enjoyed the meeting even though my team were pants :( Berwick were impressive especially from the gate, Vissing and Bellego were awesome ( why oh why did we let David go !!) Only positive for us was Dimitri and Anders who we have high hopes for... Why do Glasgow always pick riders that can't get out the gate for toffee? All our heatleaders are struggling to win a heat and our no. 1 hasn't won a heat in 3 matches that he has ridden in... not good enough !! He is better than that.. positive from last night however at least Kevin looked as though he was trying albeit from the back. Today I think it will be very close and the bandits may sneak a win, if they do then I don't see when the Tigs are going to get their first win as we have Edinburgh home and away next weekend :( Nobody is going to beat THEM this season :(

Look after Mr Berge will you, we may need him next season.

• Like 2

That's nasty... We couldn't do that again, could we :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

All`s fair in love, war and speedway, very exciting to watch.

Now, I keep banging on about Berwick being one of the best tracks in speedway.

Surely a third consecutive FIM meeting in a row is confirmation of this.

Great news!

I'd say it isn't.

But what I would say - and I have said this before - is that the promotion pull out all the stops to make sure that it is as good as it can be, especially for the big meetings. If only every track had that attitude.

Putting that sort of effort in, it is absolutely right (and little wonder) that Berwick has been chosen again.

• Like 1

I'd say it isn't.

But what I would say - and I have said this before - is that the promotion pull out all the stops to make sure that it is as good as it can be, especially for the big meetings. If only every track had that attitude.

Putting that sort of effort in, it is absolutely right (and little wonder) that Berwick has been chosen again.

Lets face it, this St Johann place is obviously a two bit stadium & track that struggles to hold big meetings, the FIM need a stadium & track they know can comfortably stage big meetings and make a good job of it, Berwick is that place, its a no-brainer really. I don't know why the FIM just didn't go for Shielfield in the first place.

i've networked with many in the know Speedway people and the one thing i can say we AGREED on is that Shielfield Park is on a similar footing to the Edgar Jancarz stadium. I happened to see the World Cup meeting there not live of course just on the TV when Tomasz Gollob after a shocking first ride produced Gollob-esque brilliance from 10 years previous to win Poland the WC, it really was a site to behold the atmosphere, fans, racing and apparently Vodka sales went through the roof I went for the mineral water myself but it tasted just as good

You ask the relevance of this to Berwick? I shall quality the above statement by saying

These big meetings require top venues and from what I see at Berwick like Scott says above we probably have one of the best racing strips and stadia in Europe.. From a personal perspective I don't give a hoot what the score is today, because even in defeat there is victory, the finest riders like Davey Kennet, king and that Bomber Harris will be back at Berwick vying for a place in the 2015 Grand Prix. I can get drunk for that night forget how bad the current team is and dare to dream a dream just for one night

-----------------------------------

Fair play to Razor/Heppie they obviously chose there words very well and the performance was a marked improvement a lot of doom and gloom pre meeting hopefully people are in better spirits. Bellego should push Vissing for that no1 jacket, when he is on it he's unstoppable.

Were you on the vodka when you posted this?

Or just pompous.

• Like 1

Were you on the vodka when you posted this?

Or just pompous.

I think RobinH88 has taken to very "tongue in cheek "Posting in the last few Months!!!. Edited by Fromafar

For a fee anything is possible :D

I wouldn't doubt for a minute you could certainly do it again but with our record off picking riders to don the stripes at the minute when we do unearth a young un with talent we would do well to hang on for as long is possible.

Enjoyed last night's visit to Berwick as usual less so the meeting as apart from our young riders we were guff it is a sorry state when the Young up & coming riders are showing up the big hitters that were signed to score the points to ease the pressure on the young riders , our top two especially have been extremely poor so far and someone should point out to them that the two white strips off material are called Tapes and when these go up they are supposed to move we are losing it from the start's this is one area we have been consistent consistently crap but consistent all the same.

Messers Wolbert & Piper need to up there game and support the big hitting Thomsen and Berge then we might win a meeting not too much to ask is it ;) .

• Like 1

Lets face it, this St Johann place is obviously a two bit stadium & track that struggles to hold big meetings, the FIM need a stadium & track they know can comfortably stage big meetings and make a good job of it, Berwick is that place, its a no-brainer really. I don't know why the FIM just didn't go for Shielfield in the first place.

I don't know, it looked not bad any time I saw it.

Like you say, Berwick was an easy choice as they have proved to be very thorough and dependable.