British Speedway Forum
superguest

Wolves Vs Kings Lynn 14/4/2014

Well done to Wolves for their win, really pleased with a point. Not seen it but sounds like Puk's exclusion was dubious but we've been lucky to face Wolves with an unfit Tai so not going to complain too much.

Think somebody is going to get a hiding when Rory & Kenneth both turn up on the same night!

Heard it all. Adams 'Tai bike problems, LUCKILY IT DIDN'T COST US'.

So how many points was that then you muppet? 3?

Er no, 2.

Sooner he sods off the better. (Adams that is, not Woffy!).

Problem is though mate, if Adams goes so does Woffy.

Just a little bit of justice in taking a point but could have been so so much better but for a pathetic exclusion

Fair play Baggy, and not forgetting the ever improving 3 Young Lads. When all 7 hit their straps in the same night. How nice would it when a team from the South Coast come visiting

• Like 2

Think somebody is going to get a hiding when Rory & Kenneth both turn up on the same night!

Just as long as NKI don't take his turn :o

Edited by tellboy

hats off to the 2 Kyle's fantastic speedway from both guys,good entertainment IMO

Didn't see them riding in this meeting

hats off to the 2 Lewis's fantastic speedway from both guys,good entertainment IMO

Oops, wrong thread ;):D

Edited by Wolfsbane

Sorry screamer but PUK deserved to go. Cant see how anybody could see it any other way. He gave ty nowhere to go. Had a great view of it on the fourth bend.

Sorry screamer but PUK deserved to go. Cant see how anybody could see it any other way. He gave ty nowhere to go. Had a great view of it on the fourth bend.

Rubbish, Iversen wasn't even heard on him at all. Proctor put himself in a position a more experienced rider wouldn't have been. We had seen rider's all night go up to the fence yet anyone following tried the cutback yet Proctor wanted a gap that wasn't there. Surely we're not expecting rider just to move out the way are we?

This i said all along would be an acid test and bench mark to how good we are this season and i think its fair to say winning, with an off night for Woffy, has shown that we are likely to be there or about this season come the Play Offs. The Stars to me are the bench mark side this year above all. An awesome top 2 a very strong top 3 and 4 highly rated youngsters that are only going to improve as the season wears on. They are capable of picking up points in most away meetings and it wouldnt surprise me if the walk away with top spot before the PO`S.

Woffys off night was of course counter-balanced by a dire night for Schlein.

The track was an odd one to me. Looked like it was prepared really grippy but seemed to ride quite slick from part way thru.

I feared for our chances early on as the Stars looked more than capable of holding out for the win after staying 2 up after the first 7 heats.

A couple of iffy decision by the referee helped turn the match.

Heat 9 was a bizarre one. Lots of movement at the tapes but wasn't called back. No one seemed prepared to race or turn into the 1st bend causing carnage, both Wolves falling, Kerr stopped whilst Rose paused before carrying on. Bit late to put the lights on anyway.

Heat 11 i would like to see the re-run of because it looked like none to minimal contact from Niels that caused Proctor to fall.

Some cracking battles and highly charged racing meant a night of solid entertainment.

WOLVES

WOFFY - he clearly isnt right yet, as he admitted after the meeting. The fact he struggled and Wolves won show that we are more than just a one man team this year. But this will go down as one of Tai`s worst meetings in recent memory. 1.5/5

JACOB - quick and steady. His seat broke before his last ride so went out on Ricky`s bike and thankfully capitalised on a mistake by Porsing in heat 12 to nick 2nd. Did his job and some particularly when nearly holding of Niels in heat 1. 3.5/5

TY - Lost 3rd on the line in his first heat but was much more improved in his last 2 heats. Looking quick although a little unsure on the bike at times. Lead all of heat 8 until Ricky passed him on the line. Slow improvement and matched his average score wise so just about did his job. 2.5/5

RICKY - Great night for Ricky. Gated ahead of Stars top 2 in heat 6 but then made the wrong decision. Other than that was unbeaten in his other rides, more than did his job again. 4.5/5

PIOTR - bit wild in his opening heat and unbeaten in his other programmed rides. His re-pass of Niels in heat 13 was sublime. Was disappointed to have missed out of getting something out of Heat 15 but again is proving those who said he will struggle to match his opening assessed average wrong. After seeing the SKY match when i got home think we have the better Pawlicki brother anyway. 4/5

JOE - Night to forget for Joe. Said he wasn't well on the victory parade and looked off the pace. 0/5

ASH - Great night for our Wolves kid. Was involved in some great scraps whilst his gate and win ride in Heat 14 helped seasl the win. His best night in a Wolves jacket 4/5 MOTM

STARS

Niels - quick and classy as he always is at the Green. Harsh exclusion in the 11th and out witted by Pawlicki in the 13th. 4/5

Porsing - rode better than his points suggested i assumed he had about 4 or 5 till i looked at the programme. Gave some points away and was in the thick of the action most of the night. 1.5/5

Schlein - Rooboy can ride Monmore well but this was not one of those nights. Lost to both Wolves 2nd strings as well. 0.5/5

Lambert - first time i had seen him in action and wasn't expecting much after his scores at the Green last year (Cradley fans its STILL the Green not Cradley as it wrongly stated in the programme advertising tomorrow nights U21 British Final at Cradley!!) Have to say this kid is dynamite and has skills well beyond his years. Battled hard with Jacob in heat 7 and fought for his position whilst his chase of Wolves top 2 in heat 12 was stunning. Pressured Wells hard in heat 14 and nearly hung on for the 2 points. Now, lets hope the BSPA do the right thing and ensure he stays as a Brit and not defect to Germany. 4.5/5

Bjerre - not as dominant as Niels but still a decent night for Kenny. Beaten by Woffy and Piotr. 4/5

Rose- won the match race in heat 9 otherwise did little else. 1.5/5

Kerr - Think the stars missed a trick not putting him in heat 14 as he was clearly the better reserve.A good win in the 12th sealed a good night anyway for him. 3.5/5

A tad disappointed we didn't get all 3 points but then i cant see many teams getting much at Monmore. Plus no disgrace to lose a point to the leagues stand out team this year.

Still unbeaten in the league, keep writing us off folks. :approve:

Nice name change (again!) :lol: What will it be next time I wonder?!

Only quoted your post because it was in reply to the multi banned KKS et al. See its predictions are as useless and troll like as ever. :rofl:

Didn't get why 2 riders were thrown out of heat 2.

They weren't, it was Heat 9. And no nor did i!

Apparently Kerr wasn't under power and Jacobs caused the crash.

There was most certainly minimal contact between Niels and Proctor, the way Proctor threw his hands in the air was certainly playing up to the ref!

Was pleased with the point for the Stars although we could've had more.

Liked how all the Wolves were interviewed at the end of the meeting, we need to do something like that at Lynn imo

There was most certainly minimal contact between Niels and Proctor, the way Proctor threw his hands in the air was certainly playing up to the ref!

Was pleased with the point for the Stars although we could've had more.

Liked how all the Wolves were interviewed at the end of the meeting, we need to do something like that at Lynn imo

that's were we miss Mike Bennett he knew the sport unlike the joker we have now .

You must be related to the Ref, coming out with a statement like that. That was a ridiculous decision to exclude Niels. He was livid, and said afterwards, there was no contact what's so ever. Proctor came off himself. He choose his line, he put himself in that position, he bailed out. None could that be attributed to NKI. and to exclude him from his easiest ride was a joke.

I went to Monmore Green thinking we had a chance of points. All was going well until the ref decided to come to the fore, and did his best to ruin what was turning into a close and exciting match. First he allows Ht 8 to continue when all could see Proctor got a flyer from uneven start. Next heat 9, was a slow motion shambles. Even the riders didn't know what was going on and virtually stopped before the red light came on, .A restart with all 4 back was the fair and obvious answer. But no the ref had to impose himself. and then Heat 11. Such a shame really, what should have been a close match will be remembered for the wrong reasons. Yeah we got a point for our troubles, but I would have much rather have lost to the happening on the track rather then some petty person making stupid decisions.

Wolves were there to be beaten tonight, and we missed the chance. When Woffy get fit again, and Pawlinski gets dialled in, Proctor gets back after injury, Wolves will be a much stronger team and will be in contention for the play-offs. I wasn't aware till last night, there were several Stars riders who don't like the Wolves track, so bearing that in mind they performed very well. Special mention to Lambert , who is prepared to mix it with who-ever. But with Rory not performing it took what ever advantage we had from a sub-performance from Woffy away. Wolves will be more pleased with the points won . After seven heats there were a lot of doubt's creeping in.

Must say, I thought the track tonight was as good as I had seen it and the racing was always exciting, In the end we got a well deserved point, that not even a crap ref could take away.