British Speedway Forum
lewy

Plymouth 2015

3.36 he starts on but how many years has he ridden over here he must've been here a while now & hardly improved. He might reach a 4 if he has a good year lol

September 2011 as a replacement for James Wright at Workington.

Whilst he may not of been first choice for many, he would still score a lot more than Chapman would - who we are led to believe is an illegal signing anyway.

We are not somerset we know the rules you and your promotion dont! Edited by lewy
  • Like 1

Whilst he may not of been first choice for many, he would still score a lot more than Chapman would - who we are led to believe is an illegal signing anyway.

we would now all about that!! Edited by coomie
  • Like 1

Sam Chapman doesnt have a PL average and so all the discussion about NL and age is a waste of finger poking

I am wondering just how you have come to that ridiculous conclusion.

Of course he has a PL average, as dictated by SCB Regulations:

Cat 4: Riders who have ridden in the National Development League as an Amateur

18.6.2 The Assessed MA's for new Riders to the PL racing is:

Cat 1 8.00

Cat 2 7.00

Cat 3 5.00

Cat 4 3.00

Not that that, as Islander has pointed out, has the slightest relevance.

I suggest you try to make a reasonable argument that Chapman can double up in the face of this regulation:

NL eligibility:

19.9.2.2 A current PL Rider under 25 years-old with a PL MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the

Season.

We are not somerset we know the rules you and your promotion dont!

We'll see.

I'll await an explanation as to how he can double up given the specific rules that say that a rider aged 25 or over can't do so.

Then again, it won't be the first time the BSPA completely ignore their own rule book.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Cat 1 8.00

Cat 2 7.00

Cat 3 5.00

Cat 4 3.00

I suggest you try to make a reasonable argument that Chapman can double up in the face of this regulation:

NL eligibility:

19.9.2.2 A current PL Rider under 25 years-old with a PL MA of 4.00 or below at the start of the

Season.

We'll see.

I'll await an explanation as to how he can double up given the specific rules that say that a rider aged 25 or over can't do so.

Then again, it won't be the first time the BSPA completely ignore their own rule book.

...but you are still referring to last year's rule book!!! :wink: Expect loads of 'last-minute' changes/updates/options in the 2015 version, once the visa situation is sorted!! :P

Cat 1 8.00

Cat 2 7.00

Cat 3 5.00

Cat 4 3.00

NL eligibility:

Season.

We'll see.

Matt ford and gary may advised the plymouth promotion so i,m sure we will be ok:-)
  • Like 1

...but you are still referring to last year's rule book!!! :wink: Expect loads of 'last-minute' changes/updates/options in the 2015 version, once the visa situation is sorted!! :P

It's already been said by either a NL promoter or a NL team manager (you can probably guess the two I'm thinking of, but I can remember which one it was!) that that rule has NOT changed for this year. That was after it was asked if Bowen could DU of which he can't and he's not Rye's number 1.

Edited by Islander15

Having read Halifax Tiger's post on the rules, that comment might come back to bite you on the bum! That is of course unless they decide to change the rules, stranger things have happened!

However, as it stands it would seem the promotions of both teams are as bad as each other ;-)

Having read Halifax Tiger's post on the rules, that comment might come back to bite you on the bum! That is of course unless they decide to change the rules, stranger things have happened!

However, as it stands it would seem the promotions of both teams are as bad as each other ;-)

It wont!

Having a visa wasn't my point in the post, I know the riders mentioned are EU riders, having a visa has nothing to do with any rider from Europe or Australia & New Zealand coming over and riding for clubs, when young British lads can do the job that they are doing, and maybe better, riders I mentioned I feel have had there chance, its about time clubs looked nearer home, and gave some of are British lads a go.

my apologies and I agree that British riders should be given every chance to prove that they can hold down a premier league position, but they must want to do the job in hand and not retire from the sport at the first sign of pressure.

We have had, and still have some great British riders, but some of the youngsters can talk the talk but are unable to walk the walk and until they grow a pair we will only have a hand full of British riders to follow in the tyre tracks of Jessop, Louis, Loram, Carter, Collins, Morton & Woffinden

Edited by starshooter
  • Like 1

my apologies and I agree that British riders should be given every chance to prove that they can hold down a premier league position, but they must want to do the job in hand and not retire from the sport at the first sign of pressure.

We have had, and still have some great British riders, but some of the youngsters can talk the talk but are unable to walk the walk and until they grow a pair we will only have a hand full of British riders to follow in the tyre tracks of Jessop, Louis, Loram, Carter, Collins, Morton & Woffinden

I agree, you can get to a level, like some have, but then to go that step further like the riders you have mentioned, you have to grow a set of balls, and the likes of Lambert, Cockle, Johnson, Halsey etc, until they do, will always be a good NL riders, and a reserve in the PL at best, well one of them is.

Edited by Devildodger

Matt ford and gary may advised the plymouth promotion so i,m sure we will be ok:-)

I am sure that this comment is :P but 'we got told it was OK' is part of the problem.

I have little doubt that Plymouth got told Chapman was OK to double up (although why they needed to ask is anyone's guess) in exactly the same way that I have little doubt that Somerset were told that Holder was on a 5.00.

One thing is certain: we'll never know precisely who told them that.

It wont!

You might well be right. It won't be the first time a bent decision has been made without explanation or clarification and it probably won't be the last.

• Like 1

Yet the rule has been quoted from 2014, and Len Silver has confirmed is still in place for 2015, yet you are choosing to just ignore it? :rolleyes:

Exactly the point I was making. He wasn't on my 1-7 but was a damn sight closer to it than Chapman was.

Just to be clear I'm not knocking Chapman but one season in the NL with an average around 5.5 doesn't make you PL ready. Morley is by far the better option if we're talking purely about on-track ability regardless of any rule breaches!

• Like 1

In this case the rule is a bit daft, Chapman would be punished for being a late starter in speedway. A promising newcomer shouldn't be prevented from riding both NL & PL.

• Like 3